Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peach0000

Beckford to Bolton

This saga's got almost as many episodes than the Maynard drama.

The twists and turns are mind-boggling. lol

Or maybe the newspapers just need something to report on over the summer break in order to fill their pages, hence printing every single story.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Bolton-hopeful-deal-Leicester-City-striker/story-19494329-detail/story.html#axzz2YXGuUSgF

Bolton manager Dougie Freedman says he is still confident of completing the signing of Leicester City striker Jermaine Beckford soon.

The Trotters had hoped to have the Jamaica international on board before they flew to Spain for a pre-season training camp after agreeing a fee with City.

However, the deal has not yet been completed and Freedman said it was down to City to complete the final details.

The deal does involve a fee, believed to be less than £1million, but Bolton are understood to be unable to pay large cash fees up front, and the fee could be paid in instalments.

"It's just the last little bits of paperwork that need to be completed," said Freedman.

"We left the last details with Leicester City and, hopefully, they'll be completed very soon."

City hope to get the deal completed soon to free up Beckford's high wages to help finance any new arrivals, and help the club comply with Financial Fair Play.

Beckford scored 15 goals in his first season after arriving from Everton in a £3m deal.

Last season, City boss Nigel Pearson sent Beckford out on loan to Championship rivals Huddersfield.

There is no doubt that Beckford will score a few goals for Bolton but whether he contributes to good team performance and spirit, which is required to get out this league, remains to be seen.

So let's look at the bigger picture if he does bag a few

For the final time....

He is not leaving on a free transfer, Bolton will pay 800k for his services but it will go to Everton who are owed the money by Leicester as said all along, Leicester won't receive a penny for him...correct, however they will pay off a 800k debt owed and clear off a big wage which will both be taken into consideration for FFP.

One or two journalists are selecting what words to use to make it sound more of a story than it is.

So effectively, it's no more of a free transfer than any deal where you sell someone and then replace them for the same price? Lovely play on words by the journos :rolleyes:

Beckford is the one who wants a severance payment to pay up his contract. We are refusing to pay him that. It's a catch 22 situation if he plays one more game for us we will have to give Everton another million. He ain't going and he ain't going to play for us? Something has to give surely?

What's the point of that? surely the priority is to get his £20-40k wages off of the books?

it sounds to me as though it would be cheaper for us to keep him than let him go. Or else he would have signed for bolton by now.

This is really getting on my tits now! It seems the greedy ****er would rather rot in the reserves and pick up his 30k a week than move on and play first team football! What a messed up situation! And i bet the same will happen with danns gallagher and wellens! Thus meaning we wont be able to sign anyone and a shit season ahead! Nice one sven!

This is really getting on my tits now! It seems the greedy ****er would rather rot in the reserves and pick up his 30k a week than move on and play first team football! What a messed up situation! And i bet the same will happen with danns gallagher and wellens! Thus meaning we wont be able to sign anyone and a shit season ahead! Nice one sven!

He wants what he is entitled to, its not his fault he got given the money. Most people wouldn't suddenly let go of money that is owed to them just because they want first team football. Sven didn't offer the contracts either, its not his fault so many players are on high wages.

Guest MattP

I hope this Robinson bloke has some balls. 

All these fvuckers trying to pull our pants down. Can see it happening with Danns etc in the coming weeks as well.

How is anyone going to pull our pants down with Danns? I'd pay someone to take him off us.

He'll be far too busy being absolutely chavtastic with his Twitter and Music to even consider negotiating a contract anyway to do with football.

:blink:

what I mean is, if we have to pay a severance to make up the difference that Bolton are going to pay him ie he's on 30K A week, they only want to pay him 10K a week so we have to pay 20K a week or 2 million pounds. Add that to money we owe Everton that we've not yet paid for him and we end up having to pay more for him to play for Bolton than keeping him at Leicester twiddling his thumbs.

He wants what he is entitled to, its not his fault he got given the money. Most people wouldn't suddenly let go of money that is owed to them just because they want first team football. Sven didn't offer the contracts either, its not his fault so many players are on high wages.

Of course its Svens fault he is the one that brought him in, maybe he didn't negotiate the contracts but more than half the fault lies with him.

If this guy puts on a shirt again, even during pre-season can we boo this guy to high hell.

If he was a 'nice' guy he would put this clubs future first. Not his own ego.

He'd have to be a very, very nice guy to surrender a million or two for a club that means as much to him as, say, Leeds does to you or I. Not even Gary Lineker gave us that much.

Archived