Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peach0000

Beckford to Bolton

Svenson, having just read the thread I think everyone knows that you have made a fool of yourself. Maybe you should just admit you made an error instead of spouting off at people who clearly have more knowledge of the subject than you. We all make mistakes son.

Haha here is another one... Do you all sit next to each other at computer club?

Haha here is another one... Do you all sit next to each other at computer club?

Here he goes again look.  I think you need to come to the computer club where we can teach you about Leicester City Football Club, something that you clearly no nothing about!!!

Here he goes again look. I think you need to come to the computer club where we can teach you about Leicester City Football Club, something that you clearly no nothing about!!!

Agreed maybe we can hold hands and walk round the club shop and show me what I should be wearing if I want to be a super fan like yourself.

Bolton are going to be competing with us for promotion this year, if not slightly better than us. Them wanting to sign beckford says something about him. He might be an arrogant/lazy player at times, but I don't give a shit. Scores goals.

To be honest though there really isn't much to discuss regarding Beckford, think pretty much everyone knows where it stands at the minute.

Exactly this! I can't see anything developing (further), because of his wages.

Bolton are going to be competing with us for promotion this year, if not slightly better than us. Them wanting to sign beckford says something about him. He might be an arrogant/lazy player at times, but I don't give a shit. Scores goals.

I think Bolton will compete for 1st. Beckford isn't arrogant (not what I've read about him in interviews with players), but he does have the ability to score at this level. He looked good against Nottingham Forest, he looked good against Norwich and looked decent enough for Huddersfield.

I didn't really want him when we signed him (I even posted on here he wasn't worth what we paid for him), but I believe we are 'stuck' with him now. If that is the case, he does deserve another chance for me, especially if the likes of Waghorn are.

He does? :blink:

He's got the potential to perhaps, which is why at the start of the season I was willing for him to get another chance,  but I can't recall him ever being a proven goalscorer at this level.

He does? :blink:

He's got the potential to perhaps, which is why at the start of the season I was willing for him to get another chance,  but I can't recall him ever being a proven goalscorer at this level.

He isn't.

When he signed, I posted a couple of times that he scored a hell of a lot for Leeds in League One, signed for a big club (Everton), and managed around 8 goals in a good team - although the one against Chelsea was sensational.

However, and as I said above, I'm willing to give him another chance though. As I am Vardy, who was wrote off to quick imo.

Does anyone know if he even did anything wrong to deserve the treatment he gets on here? I thought he did fairly well in a pretty shite Huddersfield side when we sent him out on loan - even if he didn't seem that interested when playing for us, I can't see many players being interested when their manager clearly doesn't really like them. 

Pearson has clear favourites, I can only look back to Max Gradel, who now plays at St Etienne (finishing 5th in Ligue 1), who Pearson obviously wasn't too keen on and should rightfully regret treating so carelessly.

We'll probably get rid of Beckford this summer, and the chances are, he'll probably get more than 15 goals next season.  

Does anyone know if he even did anything wrong to deserve the treatment he gets on here? I thought he did fairly well in a pretty shite Huddersfield side when we sent him out on loan - even if he didn't seem that interested when playing for us, I can't see many players being interested when their manager clearly doesn't really like them. 

Pearson has clear favourites, I can only look back to Max Gradel, who now plays at St Etienne (finishing 5th in Ligue 1), who Pearson obviously wasn't too keen on and should rightfully regret treating so carelessly.

We'll probably get rid of Beckford this summer, and the chances are, he'll probably get more than 15 goals next season.  

That's a two way thing, isn't it?

Did Beckford do anything wrong? I don't think so. From what I've read in interviews, he seems like the nicest player at the club. Apparently he asked to go out on loan, not sure if that's true, but I kind of understand that.

On the other hand, how do we know Pearson wasn't keen on Gradel? There's just as much guessing, as there is trying to figure out what's up with Beckford. Maybe Nigel doesn't just rate these players? It doesn't always means he has favourites/falls out with them, if they leave the club.

That's a two way thing, isn't it?

Did Beckford do anything wrong? I don't think so. From what I've read in interviews, he seems like the nicest player at the club. Apparently he asked to go out on loan, not sure if that's true, but I kind of understand that.

On the other hand, how do we know Pearson wasn't keen on Gradel? There's just as much guessing, as there is trying to figure out what's up with Beckford. Maybe Nigel doesn't just rate these players? It doesn't always means he has favourites/falls out with them, if they leave the club.

In fact, Pearson made it quite clear he wanted Gradel to stay. Gradel in fact forced the move.

Does anyone know if he even did anything wrong to deserve the treatment he gets on here? I thought he did fairly well in a pretty shite Huddersfield side when we sent him out on loan - even if he didn't seem that interested when playing for us. 

There's your answer.

I can't see many players being interested when their manager clearly doesn't really like them. 

So why didn't he look interested when he was being managed by the person who had spent upwards of £2M on him?

Gradel wasn't the same player then, that he is now. Pearson obviously didn't think he was ready to be starting games in the Championship at that stage (he got us in to 5th that season without spending a ton of money so I think it's safe to say that he knew what he was doing). Gradel left because he wanted to leave, not because Pearson wanted him to go or because Pearson treated him 'carelessly'.

That's funny, I'm sure I remember people saying the same thing when he went on loan to Huddersfield.

There's your answer.

So why didn't he look interested when he was being managed by the person who had spent upwards of £2M on him?

Gradel wasn't the same player then, that he is now. Pearson obviously didn't think he was ready to be starting games in the Championship at that stage (he got us in to 5th that season without spending a ton of money so I think it's safe to say that he knew what he was doing). Gradel left because he wanted to leave, not because Pearson wanted him to go or because Pearson treated him 'carelessly'.

That's funny, I'm sure I remember people saying the same thing when he went on loan to Huddersfield.

To start from the bottom up -

1. He got 8 in 21 games there. So on that basis it seems illogical for you to think that he might not replicate that if he has the chance to play double the amount of games.

2. Although I admit bringing up Gradel in this topic probably wasn't best suited, I don't see how your point is entirely valid. Because we came 5th, does that not leave us with 4 places to improve upon? After performing on a par with the rest of the team that got us promoted from league 1, the fact that he only started in one league cup game surely indicates to you that he wasn't featured in Pearson's plans anyway? And obviously he left because he wanted to leave; but the lack of chances he got in the first team must have contributed to that - baring in mind that he went to leeds and had a couple of very good seasons.

3. I thought his performances were fairly good under Sven. He played with the right attitude - albeit without getting the amount of goals his price-tag warranted. 

4. My previous point backs up the point I made in my original post. 

All i'm saying is the amount of abuse he's received from fans, not just on this forum but at matches as well, are bound to lead to a player feeling negative about the club he plays for. 

Archived