Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peach0000

Beckford to Bolton

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/407851/Dougie-Freedman-s-call-to-Jermaine-Beckford?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

DOUGIE FREEDMAN has warned Jermaine Beckford he will not break the bank to take him to Bolton.

The Wanderers boss wants the Leicester striker to lead his line next season.

However, a fee is yet to be agreed and then there is the question of Beckford’s reported £38,000-a-week wages at the King Power Stadium.

Freedman warned: “I won’t be jeopardising anything by breaking the bank – that is not the way I work.

“We want players who want to come to this football club. I want them because they are hungry.â€

Freedman also admitted his policy of not bowing to players’ wage demands contributed to Marcos Alonso’s departure to Fiorentina.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/407851/Dougie-Freedman-s-call-to-Jermaine-Beckford?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

DOUGIE FREEDMAN has warned Jermaine Beckford he will not break the bank to take him to Bolton.

The Wanderers boss wants the Leicester striker to lead his line next season.

However, a fee is yet to be agreed and then there is the question of Beckford’s reported £38,000-a-week wages at the King Power Stadium.

Freedman warned: “I won’t be jeopardising anything by breaking the bank – that is not the way I work.

“We want players who want to come to this football club. I want them because they are hungry.â€

Freedman also admitted his policy of not bowing to players’ wage demands contributed to Marcos Alonso’s departure to Fiorentina.

Going to be a long summer.

We're really going to struggle to shift some of these players i think. Seems they're happy enough to just sit on their arse and pick up the megabucks they're on rather than move on and take a paycut to play regualar football. And as its now confirmed that we have to sell before we can buy i fear bad times ahead!

The fact that clubs know we have to sell players aswell means they are not going to over bid for players. Similar to Hearts. They know we need to lower wage bill. I personally think we will only sign loanees and a few frees this summer.

We're really going to struggle to shift some of these players i think. Seems they're happy enough to just sit on their arse and pick up the megabucks they're on rather than move on and take a paycut to play regualar football. And as its now confirmed that we have to sell before we can buy i fear bad times ahead!

That's why I am struggling to understand why we haven't cashed in on Kasper. We risk going into the season with barely 18 players that Pearson would want to keep if we don't get shut of those he doesn't and if the sell before buy story is true. I can see most of them heading out on loan late August rather than us successfully getting them off the books.

Seems they're happy enough to just sit on their arse and pick up the megabucks they're on rather than move on and take a paycut to play regualar football.

That's a little harsh on Beckford. I don't know how you come to that conclusion when this article clearly states a fee hasn't even been agreed yet.

Besides I remember reading that he had to take a pay cut to join huddersfield last season on loan...

That's why I am struggling to understand why we haven't cashed in on Kasper. We risk going into the season with barely 18 players that Pearson would want to keep if we don't get shut of those he doesn't and if the sell before buy story is true. I can see most of them heading out on loan late August rather than us successfully getting them off the books.

Think a lot if them will be on Pierce Bosmans come Jan, so very little chance of these players moving without a pay off.

Good luck to them, I'd do the same, better to get rid of NP now and bring a manager in who could get the best out of these players who are decent.

We aren't going to bring in players any better than these, if you believe that then you need to get your bumps felt.

Kenneth hath spoken the truth.

Think a lot if them will be on Pierce Bosmans come Jan, so very little chance of these players moving without a pay off.

Good luck to them, I'd do the same, better to get rid of NP now and bring a manager in who could get the best out of these players who are decent.

We aren't going to bring in players any better than these, if you believe that then you need to get your bumps felt.

Kenneth is a big tit.

Do you mean Pierce Brosnan ?

Depends if he wants to play football or not. He won't get a game with us and no premier team will want him. So it's down to him if he wants to spend his Saturdays playing football by dropping his wages or spending them shopping with his mrs.

Beckfords a nice guy and will take a wage cut. But nothing massive. If he is on 38k a week he will go no less than 28k or something

Stupid or what! We're not as rich as some people think with the money that we'll get for half these players goes to buying others if we let them go 4 free we'll just have to get loans, no use really.

We could get 800k for SSL

1Million for Beckford

500k for Danns

1.1M for waghorn

Konch 700-900K

Fuctas 1million

Careful who you call stupid when you think we can get over a million for a bloke whose contract expires a week on Sunday!

well you clearly need to do your research. #amateur

In so much that his contract will be extended. He is to be offered a new contract, so yes it is incorrect as he hasn't signed it yet. Ohhh did you not know that? #wholabelssomeoneanamateuronaforumofthisnature

Makes no odds whether Waghorn's contract finishes next week or next year, we won't be getting 1.1m for him.

500k and I'd snap their hands off.

Agreed, £1.1 million = foot manager prices!!

In so much that his contract will be extended. He is to be offered a new contract, so yes it is incorrect as he hasn't signed it yet. Ohhh did you not know that? #wholabelssomeoneanamateuronaforumofthisnature

Agreed, £1.1 million = foot manager prices!!

Waghorn's contact is not up until next season, it was a mistake on the Merc's part by saying he was out of contract.

Incorrect, Martyn Waghorn is under contract until summer 2014, The Leicester Mercury incorrectly reported that his contract ended this summer, they were wrong. 

Might want to check your facts are correct before you start coming on here and shooting your mouth off.

Incorrect, Martyn Waghorn is under contract until summer 2014, The Leicester Mercury incorrectly reported that his contract ended this summer, they were wrong.

Might want to check your facts are correct before you start coming on here and shooting your mouth off.

And he has been offered an extension in addition to the remaining year. I suggest you read first before you shoot your mouth off....

And he has been offered an extension in addition to the remaining year. I suggest you read first before you shoot your mouth off....

I can read perfectly, your backtracking is hilarious though. What's up, you a bit embarrassed because you look like a total mug now? Never mind, eh?

Archived