Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peach0000

Beckford to Bolton

It seemed like the transfer discussions for Jermaine Beckford between Bolton Wanderers and Leicester City were moving very quickly. Just under two weeks ago, the two clubs had opened talks and a day later, the £1 million asking price for Beckford emerged. Today, a report from the Leicester Mercury says that the two clubs are way apart in their valuations of the player.

Beckford moved to Leicester City at the start of the 2011/12 season, following a year at Everton, for a reported fee of £2.5 million. Since then, he had essentially been deemed surplus to requirements at the Foxes and it seems that manager Nigel Pearson is determined to move him in. Dougie Freedman appears to be keen on the striker but is looking for a cut price move. That is where the £1 million fee comes in.

According the the Mercury report, Bolton Wanderers are trying to get a lower fee than that with Leicester aiming to cut their losses by as small a margin as possible. As such, talks are at a deadlock.

There are other players in the mix for Beckford, including, but not limited to, his old teams Leeds United and Huddersfield Town

http://www.lionofviennasuite.com/2013/5/21/4351084/report-beckford-talks-hit-standstill-bolton-wanderers-leicester-city

Swapping Sordell for Beckford? Behave yourselves - even Bolton know that's a terrible deal!

If he does go there it won't be in exchange for their £3 million England U21 international I'm fairly sure of that.

....and he looks like an alien.

It seemed like the transfer discussions for Jermaine Beckford between Bolton Wanderers and Leicester City were moving very quickly. Just under two weeks ago, the two clubs had opened talks and a day later, the £1 million asking price for Beckford emerged. Today, a report from the Leicester Mercury says that the two clubs are way apart in their valuations of the player.

Beckford moved to Leicester City at the start of the 2011/12 season, following a year at Everton, for a reported fee of £2.5 million. Since then, he had essentially been deemed surplus to requirements at the Foxes and it seems that manager Nigel Pearson is determined to move him in. Dougie Freedman appears to be keen on the striker but is looking for a cut price move. That is where the £1 million fee comes in.

According the the Mercury report, Bolton Wanderers are trying to get a lower fee than that with Leicester aiming to cut their losses by as small a margin as possible. As such, talks are at a deadlock.

There are other players in the mix for Beckford, including, but not limited to, his old teams Leeds United and Huddersfield Town

http://www.lionofviennasuite.com/2013/5/21/4351084/report-beckford-talks-hit-standstill-bolton-wanderers-leicester-city

Leicester really can't be too picky about it all though IMO. I think we've had a huge slice of luck that someone actually wants to pay any money at all for the twat.

Leicester really can't be too picky about it all though IMO. I think we've had a huge slice of luck that someone actually wants to pay any money at all for the twat.

Totally agree; I doubted the signing of him, ever since day one (whilst watching 'Sky Sports Transfer Deadline-Day' - seeing him outside the K.P., when the fans were cheering and welcoming him, he didn't seem to give a sh*t about them and walked straight into the reception).  lol

Totally agree; I doubted the signing of him, ever since day one (whilst watching 'Sky Sports Transfer Deadline-Day' - seeing him outside the K.P., when the fans were cheering and welcoming him, he didn't seem to give a sh*t about them and walked straight into the reception).  lol

I must admit I was happy when we signed him but it's all been one big lesson - one of the main ones being deadline day is a joke.

The guy always has had talent but his attitude will always be questioned.

Another player who hasnt justified his big wages which is frustrating because he CAN score goals at this level.

James Vaughan is a better player tho IMO

He just can't reach double figures in a single season. :whistle:

He just can't reach double figures in a single season. :whistle:

he scraped double figures in the prem with Everton...  and got 30+ two seasons in a row for Leeds albeit in the 1st division...

I think in a club where he is happy and motivated where tactics are based around him like they were at Leeds he could be a sucess at this level...

It just doesnt look like we are that club!!

I don't understand what is happening, the whole club seems to have gone into shutdown, surely receiving a million and getting his alleged 25k a week off the books with FFP looming is the way to go.

Perhaps there's a positive, they're not releasing any players until the new manager has decided who he wants to keep.

I don't understand what is happening, the whole club seems to have gone into shutdown, surely receiving a million and getting his alleged 25k a week off the books with FFP looming is the way to go.

Perhaps there's a positive, they're not releasing any players until the new manager has decided who he wants to keep.

We haven't received a million though, they reckon Bolton won't pay that. Oh and Beckford's on 28k, nothing alleged about it lol

I'm not so desperate for Pearson to go but I thought the same. No decisions until the manager has been decided, whether that be Pearson staying or a new manager appointed.

We haven't received a million though, they reckon Bolton won't pay that. Oh and Beckford's on 28k, nothing alleged about it lol

They have allegedly offered a million.

How would you know that he's on 28k, seems very unlikely that the player or his agent would tell you, and would someone in payroll risk their job knowing that anything they leak will end up on here?

They have allegedly offered a million.

How would you know that he's on 28k, seems very unlikely that the player or his agent would tell you, and would someone in payroll risk their job knowing that anything they leak will end up on here?

Well I'm not going to say on here how I know am I? Manwell Pablo knows how I know about a few of the financial bits. Your choice whether you want to believe me or not

Archived