Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

Babs thought they were 'gone' a couple of weeks ago, I believe..

Compare their first 15 games against their last, and that's why (even though they are second) I believe they are less of a threat than the others currently.

The last 15 games they have only picked up one more point than the likes of Ipswich and Blackburn, the same number as Brighton.

If things continue as they are Derby and Forest could move past them and QPR over the next 5 games. Will be interesting to see how much the injuries derail Forest, as they were my outside bet at work with someone a few weeks back.

post-26-0-33925200-1392196510_thumb.png

post-26-0-68193300-1392196500_thumb.png

You've got to laugh at Blackpool in those two tables. That is ridiculous.

Standard Blackpool really, they do it every year. Just nice to see us in the top two of both, great consistency so far unmatched by anyone else.

Incredible to see that even after such an amazing recent run of 9 straight wins and 11 unbeaten, we are only 3 points better off that the first 15 games.

F****t have improved if they finish 2nd they have done well.

Burnley are surprising they are averaging playoff form but they are second it really does show that their winning run in the those early games of the season have put them in a good position.

Ourselves well we have been consistent no denying averaging 2ppg and more and we haven't been below that so far which shows why we are title contenders. We will finish in the top 2.

Standard Blackpool really, they do it every year. Just nice to see us in the top two of both, great consistency so far unmatched by anyone else.

Incredible to see that even after such an amazing recent run of 9 straight wins and 11 unbeaten, we are only 3 points better off that the first 15 games.

Most wins and most points per game out of the 92 teams. It would be hideous if this doesn't end in promotion.

The consistency of Leicester this season has been phenomenal. Only once all season have we gone more than a game without a win.

And only 2 points ahead of Derby!  They have had an amazing last 15, with only the game between us making the difference.

My tip for 2nd is Forest.  I really hope I'm wrong.  I just think Derby will not be able to keep that up for much longer.  But I hope Forest's injuries will slow them down a bit as well.

Frustrating, none of our rivals ever seem to lose except when playing each other. Surely one of them will have an off day and lose a game to one of the mid table sides.

Let's hope Reading and Bournemouth can be the ones this weekend.

If that was the case we'd not be 11 points clear. I think the teams below us have been absolutely shocking in recent weeks and i'm worried that results will start going against us.

I don't find it funny as it makes me think of our dip last year, and how it could still happen this year and then we wouldn't go up...

It isn't likely at all!, we would have to average 1.2 ppg worst case scenario and even then that would be fine leaving us with 86 points.

Nothing to worry about Captain we are going up you can be sure of that.

It isn't likely at all!, we would have to average 1.2 ppg worst case scenario and even then that would be fine leaving us with 86 points.

Nothing to worry about Captain we are going up you can be sure of that.

I know we are going up there is no way we can fvck it up from here, and then I think of last season's collapse and the countless other collapses in football, and the England batting line-up and doubts start creeping in, it has happened so many times before, and I get a sick feeling in my stomach about the fact that we could actually throw this away, then I think it is still a week until the next game, a lot can happen in a week...

Shows you how good we have been all season, and that is why we are 8 points clear...

I'm not convinced this break is a good thing for us we could easily lose the momentum we've built up and relax too much especially if the teams around us keep winning.

I'm not convinced this break is a good thing for us we could easily lose the momentum we've built up and relax too much especially if the teams around us keep winning.

I've thought the same, but we have come back from long international breaks and done ok, no reason why we can't do that again.

Spot on there, the word momentum is key, we had momentum and it's tough to maintain it when we have a long break. Difficult task for the coaches.

I don't find it funny as it makes me think of our dip last year, and how it could still happen this year and then we wouldn't go up...

From 27 in 15 to 7 in 15. That's just ridiculous.

I know it could still happen to us but I doubt it will to that extent.

Haven't a couple of our losses come before breaks? Charlton definitely did, fairly sure Donny did too - both poor days at the office. Returned with wins on both occasions so I'm not too bothered about any potential for disruption, this side is good enough to keep focused.

Call me a pessimist but I'm confident we will be caught and put under pressure. It's just the way it goes for us, nothing is ever easy. I have looked at games left and we should be able to pick up enough points, those points will probably come against the likes of burnley and QPR rather than Yeovil and Barnsley.

Call me a pessimist but I'm confident we will be caught and put under pressure. It's just the way it goes for us, nothing is ever easy. I have looked at games left and we should be able to pick up enough points, those points will probably come against the likes of burnley and QPR rather than Yeovil and Barnsley.

Not really.

We got over the line fairly comfortably in 2008/09, and to the play-offs in 09/10. It was only last season where we fvcked up from being in a great position.

I also think there will be a horrible period and pressure will be on, it even happened to us in our demolition of league one where we struggled to get over the line for a few games. I also look at the table and can't be confident that 90 points will guarantee promotion, currently there are 3 teams averaging around 2 points or more a game after 29-30 games and if that continues then one of thsoe teams could finish 3rd with 90+ points. I'm sure as it gets to the business end of the season and nerves set in that this will lower but I think we still need 27 points to be certain of promotion.

I am a pessimist at heart when it comes to Leicester, I also will be an absolute nightmare if our lead is cut to just a few points or less. For us all to breathe easy we need to absolutely smash all and sundry from now until end of March when we then have some really tough games. If we could get to the Burnley away game with 80+ points then i'll start to relax.

Not really.

We got over the line fairly comfortably in 2008/09, and to the play-offs in 09/10. It was only last season where we fvcked up from being in a great position.

This.

We seem to have this reputation of 'bottling it' amongst other fans. I really don't get that, sure we bottled it (big time too) last season but other than that? Not at all. Cardiff were the big bottlers of the Championship, now they're gone I suppose people need another club with a 'history' of fvcking up to ridicule.

This.

We seem to have this reputation of 'bottling it' amongst other fans. I really don't get that, sure we bottled it (big time too) last season but other than that? Not at all. Cardiff were the big bottlers of the Championship, now they're gone I suppose people need another club with a 'history' of fvcking up to ridicule.

10/11 we were absolutely flying and choked just before we hit the top six.

11/12 we were the highest spending team in the division other than a side who'd come down into the league that was financially on another level and finished 9th.

12/13 we were 2nd in February and scraped the play-offs.

We are bottlers in recent years. It's up to this squad to rectify that and they're doing a great job - so far.

Then again it's always ironic when Forest fans call us bottlers. I mean it's not like they've choked twice in the play-off semis and lost a game they had to win to get into them last season is it? Us & Forest are the two main bottlers in this league at the minute.

Archived