Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

10/11 we were absolutely flying and choked just before we hit the top six.

11/12 we were the highest spending team in the division other than a side who'd come down into the league that was financially on another level and finished 9th.

12/13 we were 2nd in February and scraped the play-offs.

We are bottlers in recent years. It's up to this squad to rectify that and they're doing a great job - so far.

Then again it's always ironic when Forest fans call us bottlers. I mean it's not like they've choked twice in the play-off semis and lost a game they had to win to get into them last season is it? Us & Forest are the two main bottlers in this league at the minute.

I don't see 11/12 as bottling it. We were never in a good league position so we had nothing to fvck up, that was mismanagement not a collapse of form. 10/11, yeah suppose so, but again we didn't lose a spot in the promotion shake up so it isn't the same IMO.

12/13 is the only one I see as bottling it in the proper sense.

We were never in a position to bottle anything until last year. We never even got into the top 6 under Sven at any stage bar the opening day. 

We flapped it last year and this year we've got ourselves into the position to either go up comfortably or prove we are bottlers and flap it again. I don't think we will. I didn't think we'd do that last year though tbf. 

10/11 we were absolutely flying and choked just before we hit the top six.

11/12 we were the highest spending team in the division other than a side who'd come down into the league that was financially on another level and finished 9th.

12/13 we were 2nd in February and scraped the play-offs.

We are bottlers in recent years. It's up to this squad to rectify that and they're doing a great job - so far.

Then again it's always ironic when Forest fans call us bottlers. I mean it's not like they've choked twice in the play-off semis and lost a game they had to win to get into them last season is it? Us & Forest are the two main bottlers in this league at the minute.

Dare I say it, Forest are the biggest bottlers around now Cardiff have disposed of that tag. Yeovil in the League One play offs, quite potentially the funniest thing I've ever seen, Blackpool in the play offs (good old DJ Campbell), last year against us. Missing out on the League One play offs in 05/06 after drawing their last 2 games and then only getting promoted from League One on the 3rd time of asking thanks to Leeds being deducted 15 points. 

Compare their first 15 games against their last, and that's why (even though they are second) I believe they are less of a threat than the others currently.

The last 15 games they have only picked up one more point than the likes of Ipswich and Blackburn, the same number as Brighton.

If things continue as they are Derby and Forest could move past them and QPR over the next 5 games. Will be interesting to see how much the injuries derail Forest, as they were my outside bet at work with someone a few weeks back.

Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 09.09.40.png

Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 09.10.20.png

Ah.. I thought you meant 'gone' as in would now drop out of the promotion race.

:thumbup:

Most wins and most points per game out of the 92 teams. It would be hideous if this doesn't end in promotion.

The consistency of Leicester this season has been phenomenal. Only once all season have we gone more than a game without a win.

And when that happened it sparked our players into a run which broke numerous team records.  I think we'll be fine. :)

Burnley next 5 fixtures

Bournemouth away

Forest home

Derby home

Blackburn away

Birmingham away

So 3 away games which are never easy and 2 really tough home games.

QPR next 6 fixtures

Reading home

Charlton away

Sheffield wed away

Leeds home

Birmingham away

Brighton away

4 away games in 6 for QPR making the Reading game a must win game for them.

If we can maintain the points lead we have over these 5 or 6 games then that will only leave 10 games for them to close the gap.

I'd take a draw at Nottingham Forest, and probably Wigan as well. Ipswich will be tough, but there's no reason why we can't beat them, Charlton (at long last) and Barnsley.

Reading are inconsistent and could easily draw at Loftus Road, while Bournemouth will no doubt be tough for Burnley, especially considering their pitch. If both end up drawing then a point at the City Ground next week would be a decent return for us this week imo. I'm taking this week by week, while remaining excited.

I'd take a draw at Nottingham Forest, and probably Wigan as well. Ipswich will be tough, but there's no reason why we can't beat them, Charlton (at long last) and Barnsley.

Reading are inconsistent and could easily draw at Loftus Road, while Bournemouth will no doubt be tough for Burnley, especially considering their pitch. If both end up drawing then a point at the City Ground next week would be a decent return for us this week imo. I'm taking this week by week, while remaining excited.

I'd take a draw at both Forest and Wigan myself two tough places to go. I'd say Burnley have got the tough of the fixtures, they've got to go to Bournemouth and as we've seen there no walk over, followed by two on form teams Forest and Derby and then the big local derby away at Blackburn. If Burnley could get any more than four points in them games then there certainly going up!

I'd take a draw at both Forest and Wigan myself two tough places to go. I'd say Burnley have got the tough of the fixtures, they've got to go to Bournemouth and as we've seen there no walk over, followed by two on form teams Forest and Derby and then the big local derby away at Blackburn. If Burnley could get any more than four points in them games then there certainly going up!

Two away wins against mid table sides isn't that special. No way would I be backing them for certain promotion if they did that.

Apparently the pitch in Bournemouth is touch and go for tomorrow. Either way a dodgy pitch might throw up a freak result.

Pitch inspection at 7.30 on Saturday morning.

A heavy pitch and windy conditions might suit Burnley better as they are quite comfortable playing a long ball, direct game with Vokes aerial ability very useful. Eddie Howe's teams tend to like playing the ball on the deck with neat passing.

I think Burnley would definitely want the game played tomorrow as they have played quite well in the last 5/6 matches and have some momentum, but Howe will definitely have the Cherries busting a gut. I'd take a draw as that would be another tricky away game ticked off.

Dare I say it, Forest are the biggest bottlers around now Cardiff have disposed of that tag. Yeovil in the League One play offs, quite potentially the funniest thing I've ever seen, Blackpool in the play offs (good old DJ Campbell), last year against us. Missing out on the League One play offs in 05/06 after drawing their last 2 games and then only getting promoted from League One on the 3rd time of asking thanks to Leeds being deducted 15 points. 

They probably are to be fair. It does make me laugh when they call us bottlers. Another example of why they're the most hypocritical fanbase in the country.

never been to Milwall, think i will keep it that way

Only reason I'm not bothered about going again, is because every time I go we lose. That's right, I didn't go during our league one season and I didn't go this season.

Archived