Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

Money I guess. Am I the only one who thinks Rhodes is massively overrated?

It all depends on how you think he'd do in a better team? Scoring lots of goals for Blackburn is impressive cos they aint a good team. Put Rhodes in a very good, attacking side and he'd probably score even more.

I agree.. although this doesn't detract from the fact that there are many other good strikers too. Vardy, Nuge, Rhodes, McCormack.. all good at this level.

Yes but in the Premier League to be a capable striker you must have other aspects of your game other than finishing, such as pace, ball control, set pieces for example, as the defenders are of a much higher standard. Which is why I don't think Rhodes would be worth buying in the future.

Rhodes is a great finisher but he's got a very average all-round game in my opinion.

I was reading the Blackburn forums earlier in the season and was surprised to see the amount of stick he got on there. Many suggesting as you say, that his all round game is average but also that he is lazy.

Yes but in the Premier League to be a capable striker you must have other aspects of your game other than finishing, such as pace, ball control, set pieces for example, as the defenders are of a much higher standard. Which is why I don't think Rhodes would be worth buying in the future.

You could be right, but again, its difficult to judge the true ability of a player in a relatively poor team.

One of the reasons why Vardy has shone this year is because he's been playing in a very able and confident side. You wouldn't have said that in the latter half of last season.

Blackburn must highly rate Rhodes, hence the long contract offer. Personally, I think he would waste the best years of his career should he stay with them. Same with McCormack.. he's too good a player to stay with Leeds for long IMO.

Not sure if it's already been posted somewhere else but 'king' billy has been given a 5-match touchline ban and a £9,000 fine for 'comments directed at the officials at half-time' against us last month!! lol lol lol

It has. ;)

'Saved us'?

No actually he took us down to our lowest ebb.

The people who saved the club were the Foxes Trust and that was several years earlier.

Mandaric is an opportunist. He is not a saviour, a good chairman or even remotely a decent guy.

Agreed all his fault.

You can't appoint managers like he did and expect to stay up.

Think he had more managers than clean underpants that season.

I've never been completely convinced by Mandaric. He wasn't all bad but he didn't half like to over-play the good things he did and I think that's often quite telling, personally.

I am completely convinced that he is a d!ckhead, who did immense damage to City with his chopping and changing of managers. We were lucky to get Pearson first time round, but I suspect he came reasonably cheap because he was unemployed and we were now in Division Three - thanks, in very large part, to Mandaric's lousy stewardship in the previous 18 months. And after a good couple of years, with Pearson building a competitive City squad for the first time in ten years, Mandaric eased him out. Pr!ck.

Apart from appointing Pearson the first time, the only other good thing that he did for City was to sell out to the Thais. Good riddance.

I was reading the Blackburn forums earlier in the season and was surprised to see the amount of stick he got on there. Many suggesting as you say, that his all round game is average but also that he is lazy.

I've never seen him stand out against Leicester and this is in a very, very average Blackburn side.

Some of his goals are terrific, such a cool finisher and makes harder goals look very easy, but other than that I think he's pretty limited. I'd have Vardy over him.

I am completely convinced that he is a d!ckhead, who did immense damage to City with his chopping and changing of managers. We were lucky to get Pearson first time round, but I suspect he came reasonably cheap because he was unemployed and we were now in Division Three - thanks, in very large part, to Mandaric's lousy stewardship in the previous 18 months. And after a good couple of years, with Pearson building a competitive City squad for the first time in ten years, Mandaric eased him out. Pr!ck.

Apart from appointing Pearson the first time, the only other good thing that he did for City was to sell out to the Thais. Good riddance.

Finding it hard to disagree with any of that.

No place for Nigel in the latest manager of the month contenders, they are Steve McLaren, Sean dyche, Uwe Rosler and Giuseppe Sannino.

Good stuff, let them get on with it. The FL can keep all their little pots and pans that they dish out every month - we're taking home the top prize at the end of the season.

3025607250-07052011233110.jpg

Good stuff, let them get on with it. The FL can keep all their little pots and pans that they dish out every month - we're taking home the top prize at the end of the season.

3025607250-07052011233110.jpg

lol

'You can keep all your bloody pots and your bloody pans and throw them into the biggest dustbin you can find'.. 'cos you've only won them by bloody cheating'..

Magical Clough..

Archived