Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

Guest ttfn

Think Martin is very hard done by. He doesn't even appeal for the penalty and it's a blatant slip.

Boy who cried wolf.

On the FLS, it looks like Martin slips on Trippier's standing foot cause he had no purchase on the turf. Red was harsh.

Yeah never a red. Although an elbow he threw earlier in the game could've seen him sent off imo so no sympathy. Burnley's first was a beauty

So next up is Barnsley, a team that lost 5-0 to Huddersfield. The strangest thing? The Barnsley side that is now slap bang at the bottom involves players who were in promotion winning sides last year.

Craziest league in the world.

"These favoured clubs like Burnley have the refs doing most of the work for them."

"Notice how burnley have been 'lucky' recently as well. They had a free kick given against them instead of what should have been a pen at Bournemouth."

These comments are laughable lads. How many penalties have Leicester had this season? I'm not saying that you haven't deserved some of them but you must have been fortunate with a few. We had some awful decisions go against us earlier this season and recently we've had one or two go our way. That's football really isn't it.

"These favoured clubs like Burnley have the refs doing most of the work for them."

"Notice how burnley have been 'lucky' recently as well. They had a free kick given against them instead of what should have been a pen at Bournemouth."

These comments are laughable lads. How many penalties have Leicester had this season? I'm not saying that you haven't deserved some of them but you must have been fortunate with a few. We had some awful decisions go against us earlier this season and recently we've had one or two go our way. That's football really isn't it.

The first comment is a joke based on what some of your more stupid fans said about us a month or so ago.

Teams at the top will get an occasional bit of luck but there's no doubt both Leicester and Burnley are where they are on merit.

"Teams at the top will get an occasional bit of luck but there's no doubt both Leicester and Burnley are where they are on merit."

Absolutely! I feel both teams deserve to be where they are. Both sides are similar in the sense that they seem to have excellent team spirit. Just can't understand such comments regarding luck. You win some and you lose some and in reality (over the course of a season) it tends to even itself out.

I've not actually seen the Christ Martin incident yet (I live in Spain thus am reduced to seeing only the occasional game nowadays!) but from what I hear he tripped (even Dyche said so) but then immediately tried to claim a penalty. He should have been sent off well before that anyway from numerous fouls committed. He's a thug but his bullying tactics backfired. Derby realised to their detriment that they couldn't out-muscle us and when they tried to play football second half they looked a good side.

"Teams at the top will get an occasional bit of luck but there's no doubt both Leicester and Burnley are where they are on merit."

Absolutely! I feel both teams deserve to be where they are. Both sides are similar in the sense that they seem to have excellent team spirit. Just can't understand such comments regarding luck. You win some and you lose some and in reality (over the course of a season) it tends to even itself out.

I've not actually seen the Christ Martin incident yet (I live in Spain thus am reduced to seeing only the occasional game nowadays!) but from what I hear he tripped (even Dyche said so) but then immediately tried to claim a penalty. He should have been sent off well before that anyway from numerous fouls committed. He's a thug but his bullying tactics backfired. Derby realised to their detriment that they couldn't out-muscle us and when they tried to play football second half they looked a good side.

I know you're willing to believe your manager, but he really didn't appeal for the penalty. He slipped, another Derby player slotted the ball in from 18 yards although the whistle had already gone, and Martin wonders why the whistle went from the looks of it. Obviously because he's felt he's slipped and not dived.

Tripper was straight in the ref's face waving imaginary cards (which I thought was a bookable offence?).

FLS showed the 'numerous fouls'. Not much in them so I can only imagine the first booking was for persistent fouling. The one he actually got pulled up for (the booking incident) there was absolutely nothing in it.

Maybe his reputation has back-fired but maybe referees need to look at incidents in isolation as opposed to thinking back about what a player is like.

"Burnley passed the acid test, by beating the Redshite and Sheepshaggers you have secured that 2nd spot"

I wish I had your confidence! We won't get too carried away but we've certainly had some important results the last couple of weeks. Hopefully that can continue next week against Rovers.

"Not yet buddy.. still lots of games to go. They have done brilliantly so far though and the away game should be a corker."

Really looking forward to the game versus Leicester - should be a cracker and will most likely be a tough contest. 

"I know you're willing to believe your manager, but he really didn't appeal for the penalty."

I haven't seen it yet, it's just from what I heard on the radio. I'm waiting for Clarets Player to upload the highlights. Like I say, you have some that go for you, and some against you. We were winning and dominating the play before the sending off. Derby then threw caution to the wind and that actually made it a more difficult game. Very pleased we came through it though. Really think that Will Hughes is a hell of a player. Can't believe he's only 18!

"Burnley passed the acid test, by beating the Redshite and Sheepshaggers you have secured that 2nd spot"

I wish I had your confidence! We won't get too carried away but we've certainly had some important results the last couple of weeks. Hopefully that can continue next week against Rovers.

"Not yet buddy.. still lots of games to go. They have done brilliantly so far though and the away game should be a corker."[/size]

Really looking forward to the game versus Leicester - should be a cracker and will most likely be a tough contest. [/size]

"[/size]I know you're willing to believe your manager, but he really didn't appeal for the penalty."[/size]

I haven't seen it yet, it's just from what I heard on the radio. I'm waiting for Clarets Player to upload the highlights. Like I say, you have some that go for you, and some against you. We were winning and dominating the play before the sending off. Derby then threw caution to the wind and that actually made it a more difficult game. Very pleased we came through it though. Really think that Will Hughes is a hell of a player. Can't believe he's only 18!

Every time he has played against us he been very average. Don't understand all the fuss tbh. Think he will play in prem one day but not a top team IMO - Hughes

On the FLS they showed a mini montage of martin's fouls that all led up to his first yellow. Claridge seemed to think that none of them were fouls and that he was just being a centre forward. Am I the only one that thought that they were all deliberate elbows, and therefore probably all yellows?

On the FLS they showed a mini montage of martin's fouls that all led up to his first yellow. Claridge seemed to think that none of them were fouls and that he was just being a centre forward. Am I the only one that thought that they were all deliberate elbows, and therefore probably all yellows?

I thought they mostly looked pretty intentional too.  Thuggish play so no complaints that fortune transpired against him.

Sky Sports understands Sheffield Wednesday are in talks with a Qatari consortium over a possible takeover at Hillsborough.

Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric has been open to the idea of selling the club for some time and has been in talks with interested investors for the past year.

Mandaric saved Wednesday from administration in 2010, but has admitted he would step down if he could find someone suitable to take over and it was in the best interests of the club.

A number of groups have been linked with a takeover, but now a Qatari consortium are understood to be front-runners to gain control at the Championship club.

Football agent Jonathan Hope, who has been fronting the Qatari consortium, has revealed talks are at an advanced stage and hopes a takeover deal will be secured soon.

"The club wanted an investor in terms of a buy-out and I have found a solution," Hope told Sky Sports. "My team have been working endlessly to occupy the requirements set out by Milan Mandaric and find an investor.

"We believe we have now met this and we have agreed a suitable deal which will see the Qatari investors take control of the club and investing substantial amounts in every department to get Sheffield Wednesday back up to the Premier League where they belong and should be.

"I haven't been part of the negotiations, but hopefully the deal will be announced over the next few days and the fans should get excited as this is a very lucrative deal for the club.

"This is a great opportunity for Sheffield Wednesday and we were more than happy to facilitate such a huge deal. I wish them all the best in the future and know there long term plans are in the hands of the right people."

Sky Sports understands Sheffield Wednesday are in talks with a Qatari consortium over a possible takeover at Hillsborough.

Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric has been open to the idea of selling the club for some time and has been in talks with interested investors for the past year.

Mandaric saved Wednesday from administration in 2010, but has admitted he would step down if he could find someone suitable to take over and it was in the best interests of the club.

A number of groups have been linked with a takeover, but now a Qatari consortium are understood to be front-runners to gain control at the Championship club.

Football agent Jonathan Hope, who has been fronting the Qatari consortium, has revealed talks are at an advanced stage and hopes a takeover deal will be secured soon.

"The club wanted an investor in terms of a buy-out and I have found a solution," Hope told Sky Sports. "My team have been working endlessly to occupy the requirements set out by Milan Mandaric and find an investor.

"We believe we have now met this and we have agreed a suitable deal which will see the Qatari investors take control of the club and investing substantial amounts in every department to get Sheffield Wednesday back up to the Premier League where they belong and should be.

"I haven't been part of the negotiations, but hopefully the deal will be announced over the next few days and the fans should get excited as this is a very lucrative deal for the club.

"This is a great opportunity for Sheffield Wednesday and we were more than happy to facilitate such a huge deal. I wish them all the best in the future and know there long term plans are in the hands of the right people."

Almost a carbon copy of what happened with MM at Leicester - bet he'll make a fair few quid out of this deal...

Archived