Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ADK

Championship 2013/2014 Stuff it in here.

Bloke on the football league show just said Boyce of Wigan must save his goals for Lancashire opposition because his other goal came v Blackburn this season..........they played Forest today!!! lol

I heard that.

Where do they find these morons?

Bloke on the football league show just said Boyce of Wigan must save his goals for Lancashire opposition because his other goal came v Blackburn this season..........they played Forest today!!! lol

I noticed this too lol 

I'm sure he commentated on the Bundesliga ITV4 highlights last season ... he was dreadful! 

Probably mentioned. Any hear Billy no-brains Davies on the FLS blaming his loss on his injuries again? lol

EDIT - Yeovil's own goal was possibly funnier.

Yeovil's own goal was absolutely hilarious.

Good old Waggy, turns into Wigan's best player, helps them take points off rivals and can't play against us :cool:

Looked like Ol'Waggy played a blinder against Forest. Reminded me of the old Waggy we used to know. Really enjoyed watching them hammer Forest convincingly. I think Wigan will come up through the play offs. They're coming good at the right time.

If this is deemed the wrong section Mods, Feel free to move, However It's Ex Leicester Owner Milan Manderic.

As most have probably seen, Milan Has put Wednesday up for sale (They were up for sale since day 1!)

He saved them from Administration, And has successfully given them the funds to promotion, and keep them in the championship.

However he seems to have done the same with Wednesday as he did with us,

Saved us, Funded us, Got us to a certain level, Then closed the wallet.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11703/9192939/sky-bet-championship-qatari-consortium-target-sheffield-wednesday-takeover

I am fond of Wednesday as one of my best mates is an avid fan, so hope they can get themselves back to the promised land!

Another very good deal for a club that was once struggling, Thanks to MM.

Wouldn't expect many to be interested, but we may have another big spending player in the footballing world.

175457733_2987014.jpg?20140111145103

Milan Mandaric: Qatari group in talks over possible Sheffield Wednesday takeover

Sky Sports understands Sheffield Wednesday are in talks with a Qatari consortium over a possible takeover at Hillsborough.

Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric has been open to the idea of selling the club for some time and has been in talks with interested investors for the past year.

Mandaric saved Wednesday from administration in 2010, but has admitted he would step down if he could find someone suitable to take over and it was in the best interests of the club.

A number of groups have been linked with a takeover, but now a Qatari consortium are understood to be front-runners to gain control at the Championship club.

Football agent Jonathan Hope, who has been fronting the Qatari consortium, has revealed talks are at an advanced stage and hopes a takeover deal will be secured soon.

"The club wanted an investor in terms of a buy-out and I have found a solution," Hope told Sky Sports. "My team have been working endlessly to occupy the requirements set out by Milan Mandaric and find an investor.

"We believe we have now met this and we have agreed a suitable deal which will see the Qatari investors take control of the club and investing substantial amounts in every department to get Sheffield Wednesday back up to the Premier League where they belong and should be.

"I haven't been part of the negotiations, but hopefully the deal will be announced over the next few days and the fans should get excited as this is a very lucrative deal for the club.

"This is a great opportunity for Sheffield Wednesday and we were more than happy to facilitate such a huge deal. I wish them all the best in the future and know there long term plans are in the hands of the right people."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11703/9192939/sky-bet-championship-qatari-consortium-target-sheffield-wednesday-takeover

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/210171-sky-sports-on-sheffield-wednesday-qatari-takeover/

Just a shame he went through several managers and a relegation to a never before seen division after 124 years of proud history before finally appointing a decent manager.

His reign will always be tarnished by that season.

Burnley passed the acid test, by beating the Redshite and Sheepshaggers you have secured that 2nd spot  :thumbup:

Long way to go yet - Wigan could still get 2nd if they keep on winning. We still have to play them at home in the 43rd match.

In fact, if we miss automatic I hope Wigan can get it (no-one will fancy meeting them in play-offs).

I just hope Man City are thirsting for revenge and give them a good thrashing in the FA Cup - might dent their confidence a bit.

Really hope burnley get up in second behind us

I went to the same school as Dyche, he was a year or two above me, and lived on the same estate. He was a quality player, head and shoulders above everyone and even as a youngster, looking back on it, appeared to have the makings of a great leader.

'Saved us'?

No actually he took us down to our lowest ebb.

The people who saved the club were the Foxes Trust and that was several years earlier.

Mandaric is an opportunist. He is not a saviour, a good chairman or even remotely a decent guy.

I'd say he saved us more with the eventual hiring of Pearson and selling to our Thai owners, compared to his Portsmouth stint with his sale to Gaydamak and the rest that followed suit.

In the long run I'd say he saved us. We all know he invests in football clubs not for any history or relationship but to stabilise and cut costs, as well as eventually selling on for profit. Just somehow we lucked out again financially with these owners, compared to other clubs.

I've never been completely convinced by Mandaric. He wasn't all bad but he didn't half like to over-play the good things he did and I think that's often quite telling, personally.

I know quite a few people like that at work. Look like the good guy / girl but in reality are back stabbers to get up the ladder etc

Archived