Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Pearson to stay.

I think everyone has amnesia.

Yes, by all means state that Pearson should stay, stability, etc, etc.

But please at least acknowledge - we CANNOT EVER have a reoccurrence of the abysmal results from Feb - because it did happen - those last 3 games can't erase that.

I think everyone has amnesia.

Yes, by all means state that Pearson should stay, stability, etc, etc.

But please at least acknowledge - we CANNOT EVER have a reoccurrence of the abysmal results from Feb - because it did happen - those last 3 games can't erase that.

That's fairly obvious.

If we aren't there or thereabouts in September I'd have thought there'd be decisions made fairly rapidly. Until then, Pearson deserves a little longer.

If anyone is happy with the prospect of yet another doomed season, then Pearson is your man.

For those of us who want success, then he is not our man.

I don;t want to stand still with a failure, but to move on with someone has foresight, ability, and a burning desire to succeed, and not a broken down. tin pot nobody.

If anyone is happy with the prospect of yet another doomed season, then Pearson is your man.

I don;t want to stand still with a failure, but to move on with someone has foresight, ability, and a burning desire to succeed, and not a broken down. tin pot nobody.

Clearly you do, if you're stating that it will be a bad season with Pearson. 

Please tell us how well we will do next season, if they'll be a new manager and if they're any particularly memorable events to look out for. Thanks buddy.

Yes let's get a SOMEBODY in.

Because Sven worked out so well for us.

Personally I'm optimistic with regards to Pearson staying, but equally amazed to see that people are convinced that NP is the man to get us up. Optimism I understand; conviction that he is the best man for the job, however, seems groundless.

Personally I'm happy because I feel he assembled some promising players, reduced our wage bill, turned around our late season decline and began to address a few obvious problem areas.

Yet there's no hiding that he inherited the second tier's most expensive side, retained much of it, had over the average Championship manager's tenure in the job, spent the third greatest amount of any manager in that time, and still managed to achieve a lower league placing than four managers who had had less time and less money. On top of that the side got worse as the season went on and there was next to no progress evident from the young signings.

What I'm saying is, yes it makes sense to keep NP over Poyet simply because their records are virtually identical and NP will have a far greater knowledge of the squad. He has pedigree as a budget squad builder. But for anyone to say that they are convinced that Pearson is THE MAN is, frankly, a case of boundless optimism.

And, what niggles me most, is this feeling that the board are sticking with Pearson not because they think he's the right man, but because they don't want to convert debt into equity, don't want to invest further, and are beginning to look for a way out. Now that is not a thing worth celebrating.

you don't get it do you ...................you silly boy?

well let me explain in word that even you might understand!!!!!!!!!!!!

By standing up for? supporting the statement that "the only way is up"

you are saying we are rock FCUKIN' BOTTOM with s*ite for brains Pearson in Charge

NOW THINK ABOUT IT..........................................STUPID

Go on then, who else would you like as our manager?

You're saying there's a problem but I bet you haven't got a solution.

Come on, this 'there aren't any alternatives' argument doesn't work. Three years ago we attracted an ex-England manager who had won leagues in three top European leagues. It's not that unthinkable that O'Neill (whose greatest achievements are a Scottish Championship, a promotion and a League Cup) and Di Matteo (who was reportedly interviewed for the Leeds job) are interested. And, let's face it, while Pearson is a competent manager, he isn't in the same league as either of them.

If we can't attract either of those, it certainly isn't because we are a smaller club than we were three years ago. It's because either (a) the club think that Pearson is better equipped to do the job - in which case they are very, very brave or (b) they don't want to convert loans into equity and make further financial commitments - in which case we should be very, very worried.

I'm still upbeat about the future, but let's not get carried away. The replacements are only beyond us if we've significantly adjusted our goals. And that isn't necessarily a good thing.

And by the way, I didn't want Sven to be appointed manager and thought he did a fairly awful job, before you get started!

Guest ttfn

I am a Pearson fan, and I don't think he should be sacked.

But I don't understand how anybody could complain if he were sacked. We won 3 of the final 17 games of the season, playing turgid, unimaginative football despite NP being heavily backed in the transfer market.

I'd have thought that the Taylor example would be enough to demonstrate that a disastrous end to one season takes a lot of fixing by the incumbent manager, regardless of what has preceded it.

Come on, this 'there aren't any alternatives' argument doesn't work. Three years ago we attracted an ex-England manager who had won leagues in three top European leagues. It's not that unthinkable that O'Neill (whose greatest achievements are a Scottish Championship, a promotion and a League Cup) and Di Matteo (who was reportedly interviewed for the Leeds job) are interested. And, let's face it, while Pearson is a competent manager, he isn't in the same league as either of them.

If we can't attract either of those, it certainly isn't because we are a smaller club than we were three years ago. It's because either (a) the club think that Pearson is better equipped to do the job - in which case they are very, very brave or (b) they don't want to convert loans into equity and make further financial commitments - in which case we should be very, very worried.

I'm still upbeat about the future, but let's not get carried away. The replacements are only beyond us if we've significantly adjusted our goals. And that isn't necessarily a good thing.

And by the way, I didn't want Sven to be appointed manager and thought he did a fairly awful job, before you get started!

Look at the options out there. RDM will not go from Champions League to Championship, he's proved himself enough not to have to do that. Lennon wont leave Celtic, guarenteed Champions League for the next few seasons. Poyet plays attractive football, but where did it get them this season? No further than us, and we had our awful run.

Any new manager wanting to come in will change up the squad (again), we'll spend money paying compo, and be in the rebuilding phase (again). FFP is coming, our squad is NEARLY there, our squad is another year older and experienced.

Despite that run, things were and are definitely looking up for next season.

Look at the options out there. RDM will not go from Champions League to Championship, he's proved himself enough not to have to do that. Lennon wont leave Celtic, guarenteed Champions League for the next few seasons. Poyet plays attractive football, but where did it get them this season? No further than us, and we had our awful run.

Any new manager wanting to come in will change up the squad (again), we'll spend money paying compo, and be in the rebuilding phase (again). FFP is coming, our squad is NEARLY there, our squad is another year older and experienced.

Despite that run, things were and are definitely looking up for next season.

Actually I'm with you, for the most part. 'Definitely' looking up? I'm positive, but too accustomed to disappointment to be certain. And Di Matteo, well I'm inclined to agree with you that his sights will be set higher than us, but - as much as I was unconvinced by Sven - he was surely a greater pedigree of manager than Di Matteo. If we had the financial clout then he wouldn't necessarily be out of our reach. Perhaps he never did discuss the Leeds job, but then again... And O'Neill may well have to look to the Championship for his next post, so I wouldn't be so sure that he's out of our league.

So yes, we're better off without wholesale change, like you say. But sticking with Pearson shouldn't be a reason for unabated celebration if it means that our financial might has receded.

Truly depressing if this is the case.

Anyone old enough to remember the 2000/2001 season?

We were 4th in the Premier League, then lost at home to Wycombe in the cup. After that we lost 8 out of 9 in the league and instead of sacking Peter Taylor at the end of the season, we kept him. Opening day 2001/2002 humiliated 5-0 at home to newly promoted Bolton, and we never recovered.

Point is our run from February was relegation form as it was then, but too many didn't want to rock the boat. Pearson is fine if you are. Barnsley where Championship survival and occasional flirtation with the play offs is considered success. A club of this stature with the investment made it is unacceptable. Pearson will make a great career as a mediocre manager, but I dont want my team to be victim of his mediocrity.

If you were not around watching football 12 years ago I can appreciate why you may perceive Pearson as a success, he truly is not. League One... Norwich and Saints passed straight through this league and consolidated in the Premier League. Pearson has had 4 attempts at this division and failed each time. He remains the only Leicester manager to lose a play off semi final leg and tie, twice as a matter of fact, simply not good enough.

You don't recover from 3 wins in 19 matches, your fallibility has been exposed and respect lost.

Truly depressing if this is the case.

Anyone old enough to remember the 2000/2001 season?

We were 4th in the Premier League, then lost at home to Wycombe in the cup. After that we lost 8 out of 9 in the league and instead of sacking Peter Taylor at the end of the season, we kept him. Opening day 2001/2002 humiliated 5-0 at home to newly promoted Bolton, and we never recovered.

Point is our run from February was relegation form as it was then, but too many didn't want to rock the boat. Pearson is fine if you are. Barnsley where Championship survival and occasional flirtation with the play offs is considered success. A club of this stature with the investment made it is unacceptable. Pearson will make a great career as a mediocre manager, but I dont want my team to be victim of his mediocrity.

If you were not around watching football 12 years ago I can appreciate why you may perceive Pearson as a success, he truly is not. League One... Norwich and Saints passed straight through this league and consolidated in the Premier League. Pearson has had 4 attempts at this division and failed each time. He remains the only Leicester manager to lose a play off semi final leg and tie, twice as a matter of fact, simply not good enough.

You don't recover from 3 wins in 19 matches, your fallibility has been exposed and respect lost.

And numerous more did not... what's your point? 

Don't even compare Pearson to Taylor.

I have no time for people that hate Pearson.

He is a winner and will get us up.

Remember how emotional he was when we went up from league one ? He gives a shit and he will take us up.

Don't even compare Pearson to Taylor.

I have no time for people that hate Pearson.

He is a winner and will get us up.

Remember how emotional he was when we went up from league one ? He gives a shit and he will take us up.

You have illustrated my point perfectly. In my eyes League 1 was not a success it was an embarrassment to be there and getting out is no real achievement, to be claimed as such devalues the club. I dont care that Forest and Leeds struggled they are not my club.

If he is a winner how did we lose a third of the games this season?

Brian Little was a winner, so stubborn he went back to the same place 3 times to achieve his goals. Martin O'Neill was a winner, took his telling off from the crowd and proved us all wrong. Micky Adams was a winner, took on a whole league structure that tied his hands behind his back and still got us promoted.

Peatson has had resources beyond anything those 3 did and has come up short. He would be great for a club like Barnsley and he will make a lot of money for him and his family and good luck to him for it.

Of course I may be totally wrong.

I know people get suspicious every time people say they know this or that, and people clearly didn't read much into it when i said Lennon was 100% approached three weeks ago by Leicester, but i do get quite a bit of info.

Anyway though the Lennon ship appears to have sailed. But as for Martin O'Neill, he turned down the Leeds job definitely but wants to get back in as quickly as possible. He still has his flat in Leicester, and i know he would rather come back here than go to Stoke for instance.

All i'm saying is that if we wanted MON back he would more than think about doing it. 

I know people get suspicious every time people say they know this or that, and people clearly didn't read much into it when i said Lennon was 100% approached three weeks ago by Leicester, but i do get quite a bit of info.

Anyway though the Lennon ship appears to have sailed. But as for Martin O'Neill, he turned down the Leeds job definitely but wants to get back in as quickly as possible. He still has his flat in Leicester, and i know he would rather come back here than go to Stoke for instance.

All i'm saying is that if we wanted MON back he would more than think about doing it. 

Come on you bloody Thais get a move on!  :thumbup:  :D

MON or NP no bloody question about it, I cannot for one minute think that the Thais would entertain the thinking that NP is better than MON.

Archived