Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Is the City of Leicester a dump?

13 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Only been to The Curve once, thought the auditorium was a massive step down from the Haymarket. How far is the back row from the stage at the Curve? Maybe they do opera glasses...

Losing The Charlotte was a crying shame, and so many live music venues are struggling with noise restrictions. I know the revamped Shed has been trying to get late events on, but not much luck.

I know quiet a lot of american bands used to ask for the charlotte to be put on their tours because they liked the venue and people spoke about it over there like it was some mecca bands should play at at least once

• Like 1

Coming from Syston, I go through Melton Road (which is not a bad area, certainly now one of the flyovers is knocked down) and then some of the St. Matthew's area to go into the city centre.

St. Matthew's (apologies if anyone lives there) has to be one of the worse areas of the city.

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

errrr

blob.png.b01201e245c1d2e072bd408494e451df.png

The Marquis isn't too bad either.

Saw a new Turkish restaurant up the road from there (up towards Domino's, and it looked decent looking from the outside.

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Coming from Syston, I go through Melton Road (which is not a bad area, certainly now one of the flyovers is knocked down) and then some of the St. Matthew's area to go into the city centre.

St. Matthew's (apologies if anyone lives there) has to be one of the worse areas of the city.

It is a lot more peaceful since the Somalian's moved in, apparently.

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Istanbul is top notch, probably making meth in the basement but food wise I can’t complain.

Tis crazy busy at peak times though. :D The efes mangal (up the road) is the same people and food, only a couple of quid more and has some elbow room.

Have to be careful on the bread n dips though, can easily do a Mr Creosote if you don't pace yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2018 at 13:19, Wymeswold fox said:

A long-serving Leicester skyline building is likely to be set for demolition.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/demolition-goscote-house-leicester-council-1328898

Although it is an eyesore, it is a ridiculous decision to demolish it. Where are the existing inhabitants going to live? It would be better to give it a complete renovation, and make it pleasing to the eye once more.

8 hours ago, Mr Mister said:

Although it is an eyesore, it is a ridiculous decision to demolish it. Where are the existing inhabitants going to live? It would be better to give it a complete renovation, and make it pleasing to the eye once more.

I think it’s been a student halls for years, and the one thing Leicester doesn’t lack is student accomodation.