Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC FOX

James Perch - gone to Wigan

Naw.

You are the one of the chosen ones Dan. 

The spirit is strong with you. I can feel it.  :thumbup:

Nah. I'm still in favour of keeping him. Definitely don't think as highly of him as I did 12 months ago.

Hmmm

Perch is nothing more than a utility player, a 'Jack Of All Trades And Master Of None', and although he has the heart of a lion, sadly he doesn't have the Premier League class to make him a first team regular.

Too slow to be a full-back; not strong enough to be a central defender; not the range of passes to be inventive in midfield; and all-in-all his only strength is his aggression in the centre-circle (and we have better players doing that).

A player along the lines of Darren Bradshaw, Peter Ramage, Andy Griffin ... all heart but not quite good enough.

But - to his credit - he is better than Vurnon Anita, who Pardew reckons will be given his chance to shine this coming season (God forbid!).

Anita found the Premier League tough last term, and nothing in his game promises an improvement, but Pardew paid big bucks for the Ajax midfielder and will have to justify the spending.

I think if he's cheap and used as a holding midfielder, maybe we could do worse. Seems to tick a few boxes in my opinion, I'd have him over Karl Henry without a doubt.

But like I've said before, if we're parting with a rumoured £1.5mil then we need our heads testing. Silly money IMO for what we'd be getting.

Archived