Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gallagher back to Blackburn?

Hope this is true. Hes one of my all time worse city players. His corners are pathetic, never beat the 1st defender and even i could defend them. Cant dribble cant pass cant head and worst of all pussies out of 50/50s and plays like hes 2 stone wet through. Gally you will not be missed son!

I defended Gallagher a lot but it makes sense to get rid of him if he's on ridiculous money, he doesn't play anymore.

His tweet the other week made me lose all respect I had for him. Some will say I'm over-reacting no doubt but that tweet paints a real picture to me, one of greed and arrogance (even if it was 'banter - bollocks). If Robinson/Richards have had anything to do with getting rid of Gallagher & Beckford then they're earning my respect already.

Just listening to the forum now. Radio Lancashire reporter talking.

Apparently he could go for free. Says a lot for me because the wages thing must be an issue if players are allowed to leave for free.

Scored some cracking goals for us and always hoped he would take the next step up but seems to think he's better than he is and bottling 50/50s on a regular basis is not acceptable. Added to the fact he's on far to much money it's time to move on a couple of magic moments from him though

Get rid and never look back. I hate all this "good servant" shit.

Steve Walsh was a good servant, Muzzy Izzet was a good servant, Gally's just been on contract here for a couple of seasons. Just because we've had a ludicrously high turn around of staff over the last decade and we've paid this chump a king's ransom to stick around it doesn't make him some hard working club legend.

I'm actually going to go and celebrate the day he's off the books.

Steve Walsh was a good servant, Muzzy Izzet was a good servant, Gally's just been on contract here for a couple of seasons. Just because we've had a ludicrously high turn around of staff over the last decade and we've paid this chump a king's ransom to stick around it doesn't make him some hard working club legend.

He's coming into his fifth season with us which in this day and age, is good. Only two outfield players have been here longer. (Not counting Jeff or Moore for the pedants)

He's coming into his fifth season with us which in this day and age, is good. Only two outfield players have been here longer. (Not counting Jeff or Moore for the pedants)

Like I said, that says more about our turn around of players than anything else.

Besides, he didn't feature last year and won't this year.

Exactly, it's a sad state of affairs when someone like Gallagher is described as a good servant to the club.

When I think of that term I think of players like Ryan Giggs, Jamie Carragher, Paul Scholes, Steve Gerrard or Phil Neville, not someone who's been around for five years. This isn't a dig at him at all, he's been a fairly good player for us in his time.

Exactly, it's a sad state of affairs when someone like Gallagher is described as a good servant to the club.

When I think of that term I think of players like Ryan Giggs, Jamie Carragher, Paul Scholes, Steve Gerrard or Phil Neville, not someone who's been around for five years. This isn't a dig at him at all, he's been a fairly good player for us in his time.

Agree.

Kingy will have been a good servant to us, hopefully as a one club man, coming into his 7th season with us.

It's all been said, but good luck to him. A decent, if limited, footballer with some decent ability who made the most of his talents in the interest of his family - which of us wouldn't have done the same? Suffered tragedy and heart-ache during his spell here and had the misfortune to become a target for the morons. Made the mistake of rising to some of them on social media forums, but hope it all goes through and all works out for him.

You raise a very fair point there.

Definitely, hope he's here for a few more years yet at the very least. Very rare to be a one club man in this day and age.

Hopefully he'll get a testimonial out of us.

What, If King stays for 3 more years you'd begrudge him a testimonial? Wow.

Think he thought you were talking about Gallagher.

One of the overly negative posters not reading other people's posts properly? Now that is a surprise...

Guest MattP

What, If King stays for 3 more years you'd begrudge him a testimonial? Wow.

I dunno, part of me thinks yes but part of me thinks testimonials have had their day now given the amount of money they earn. Used to be a retirement package, they don't need them anymore.

If he had one would prefer to see it go to charity in this day and age.

No sure if many fans would turn out for one either. People are even apathetic to midweek league games now.

I defended Gallagher a lot but it makes sense to get rid of him if he's on ridiculous money, he doesn't play anymore.

His tweet the other week made me lose all respect I had for him. Some will say I'm over-reacting no doubt but that tweet paints a real picture to me, one of greed and arrogance (even if it was 'banter - bollocks). If Robinson/Richards have had anything to do with getting rid of Gallagher & Beckford then they're earning my respect already.

I saw him take a lot of stick for that tweet, but never saw it. What did he actually write?

I saw him take a lot of stick for that tweet, but never saw it. What did he actually write?

Someone (very unnecessarily may I add) replied to something he put to Logan, saying he was "out of his depth" or something like that and Gally replied along the lines of "sorry not listening £££". Before someone says it - I have literally nothing against him replying. Unprofessional? Yes, but it's his choice. It's just the manner of what he put, simply implying he's fine as long as he still gets paid. It's a massive problem the majority of us have suspected with our dressing room for a while and whilst he'll claim it was 'banter', there was clearly some truth behind it.

I may be reading too much into it but I don't think I am, personally.

Would probably get moved for sky anyway lol

I can see it now

Sky Sports Super Sunday

12 Noon - Man United v Liverpool

14:10 - Chelsea v Arsenal

16:30 - Conrad Logan Testimonial: Leicester City v Pegguy Arphexad XI

Archived