Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gallagher back to Blackburn?

Interesting they talk of needing to get players like murphy off the wage bill, similar to us unlikely the will want to offer big wages to match what Gallagher is on here.

However of Gallly and Becks do go I think we can start looking to strengthen for next uear

He's had some decent moments with us, but we evidently need him off the wage bill. I think he is an unfulfilled talent. With the amount of money he has earned he no doubt isn't overly worried about that. He's also faced one of the most terrible things in life, losing a baby. Perhaps since then football just hasn't felt quite so important to him, and who could blame him.

I did quite like his cheeky penalty style of a couple of years ago....

I always liked a bit of Gallagher, he added some extravaganza to the game and his penalty kicks surely make for great entertainment.

Sadly, I've hardly ever seen a player so shy of physical contact during a game. He's skilled and he's got more than a decent touch - his tackling and heading ability is more than atrocious, though.

Then again, he doesn't seem to have the necessary physique for that.

All the best wherever you're going next, Gally. You've been a good asset to this club over the years.

Lets hope this and the Beckford deal are complete in the next coming days. Then its just Danns and SSL to do the decent thing and take a wage drop unless Pearson had told them he wants them and prepared to give them a chance. Seeing as I've seen no rumours anywhere for Danns yet 

Gallagher is a bit of a luxury player, he frustrates the hell out of me. He has scored some very important goals for us over the years but then he's also put in some of the most inept and cowardly performances when we've needed him that it's led to this. Pearson signed him, but he's realised we can't afford to carry a player who doesn't turn up in games, mainly away from home. I wish him all the best but his days are done here.

Lets hope this and the Beckford deal are complete in the next coming days. Then its just Danns and SSL to do the decent thing and take a wage drop unless Pearson had told them he wants them and prepared to give them a chance. Seeing as I've seen no rumours anywhere for Danns yet

Do the decent thing?

Lets not forget the club gave them the contracts.

Would you take a massive pay cut to go to another job just because your boss wanted to bring in someone else to do your job?

I doubt it! Stop making out that the players are the problem here.

Both players went out on loan to get games when they could of stayed at Leic and picked up their wages.

Do the decent thing?

Would you take a massive pay cut to go to another job just because your boss wanted to bring in someone else to do your job?

I doubt it! Stop making out that the players are the problem here.

Both players went out on loan to get games when they could of stayed at Leic and picked up their wages.

They went out on loan picked up the same wages and got bonuses for playing which they wouldn't have got staying at us, don't make out that it's not all about money cos for most it is and I don't blame them

Do the decent thing?

Would you take a massive pay cut to go to another job just because your boss wanted to bring in someone else to do your job?.

The thing is a lot of everyday foke have had to take wage cuts over the last 3 years, many had no choice in the matter so to imply that these players are a special case is a little misguided. So for one I do understand how some fans feel a little aggrieved when highly paid players decided that they are above it all and can not even make the bench.

Always had a lot of love for Gally. Could sort of understand how he'd frustrate a few but the sheer hatred, and we're talking actual hatred both on here and at the ground quite a few times last season was completely unwarranted. 

Scored some good, some important and some quite simply ridiculously sensational goals over his few seasons with us. Thanks for that free kick vs Forest, one of the best moments and most celebrated goals I can remember as a City fan. I won't even mention the goal(s) against Palace because they make me all moist just thinking about them. 

He'll probably get treated a bit better at Blackburn too. He likes it there and they seem to like him. Like has been previously said, I assume the past 16 or so months have not seen football at the forefront of his mind. Being abused, losing a kid, having a very unwell kid, his wife being abused etc. I wouldn't be too football focused after that either. Have a nice life Gally :thumbup: 

Hope this is true.

Got nothing against him (or any footballer) personally, just don't rate him and don't think he is the type of player we need to go forward (need better quality).

his technique on the ball is fantastic, but he can't dribble, he isn't fast and he can't tackle particularly well, i personally think he would do better in the middle of the park picking out passes next to a ball winner

Always had a lot of love for Gally. Could sort of understand how he'd frustrate a few but the sheer hatred, and we're talking actual hatred both on here and at the ground quite a few times last season was completely unwarranted.

Scored some good, some important and some quite simply ridiculously sensational goals over his few seasons with us. Thanks for that free kick vs Forest, one of the best moments and most celebrated goals I can remember as a City fan. I won't even mention the goal(s) against Palace because they make me all moist just thinking about them.

He'll probably get treated a bit better at Blackburn too. He likes it there and they seem to like him. Like has been previously said, I assume the past 16 or so months have not seen football at the forefront of his mind. Being abused, losing a kid, having a very unwell kid, his wife being abused etc. I wouldn't be too football focused after that either. Have a nice life Gally :thumbup:

Agree with all of this, amazed how some so called "fans" treated him. All the best Gally mate.

Archived