Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
milnerfc

Friendly Vs York City

Is Lee Jobber 6ft 2", 13 Stone, tall dark and handsome? If so, guilty as charged.

i think we may be separated at birth  twins  :)

in the same way Arnie and deVito were :)

Still not conceded during pre-season.

A positively spun way of looking at it.

Personally, I'd have liked and expected to at least score a couple against York (waits for come-back posts suggesting I'm anti-Pearson and expecting too much etc).

What's the phrase 'goals breed goals'?

Monaco is going to be an interesting test and I hope Pearson plays the side who are going to be starting at Borough.

I liked Nugent's interview. He's down but he clearly does care. I just hope he and the rest of the strong be strong enough mentally if we don't have a great start to the season. Especially when you think of how down everyone has been since the game against Watford.

That would be a worry. Their mentality was clearly a weakness last season, we started playing crap as soon as we got into the top 2 a couple of times and then couldn't get out of our rut for ages.

Losing the first game wouldn't mean much but if we lose a few we might struggle.

Maybe it's a bit of a concern that we can't score against York, maybe it's just typical pre-season. I'm still hoping for 3 additions.

Shit game.

Logan, Drinkwater and Schlupp our best players.

everybody else poor or not up for it. Dyer and knockaert hardly touched it second half.

York had a very weak defence out second half. 2 youth teamers who aren't very good and a left back I'm better than and we still couldn't get past them. Still, got home from an lcfc game in 20mins for the first time ever.

One goal against two league 2 sides is poor whatever way you look at it, they don't need to gel it's the same team as last season and clean sheets against old timers Richard Cresswell and Lee Hughes mean nothing to me. Dross and boring have been mentioned, well at least the team reflects the manager.

One goal against two league 2 sides is poor whatever way you look at it, they don't need to gel it's the same team as last season and clean sheets against old timers Richard Cresswell and Lee Hughes mean nothing to me. Dross and boring have been mentioned, well at least the team reflects the manager.

Same shitty posting, different season - why hallo thar lcfcsnow. Can already tell you're going to be monumentally tedious (again) this season...

A positively spun way of looking at it.

Personally, I'd have liked and expected to at least score a couple against York (waits for come-back posts suggesting I'm anti-Pearson and expecting too much etc).

What's the phrase 'goals breed goals'?

Monaco is going to be an interesting test and I hope Pearson plays the side who are going to be starting at Borough.

We've chopped and changed the starting line-up quite a bit in the first three games, don't expect everything to flow like crazy from the start.

The 0 at the end is a positive sign, albeit against lower-league opposition so far.

Looking forward to Monaco.

Still not conceded during pre-season.

But what happens, when they come up against the likes of Rhodes, Beckford, Kermorgant, Le Fondre, Holt etc...

Pre season is all about fitness and seeing how the players play, keeping clean sheets is good but pretty irrelevant when we go up against the above.

I honestly can see us having it tough this season, nowhere near as confident as last season. 

We've chopped and changed the starting line-up quite a bit in the first three games, don't expect everything to flow like crazy from the start.

The 0 at the end is a positive sign, albeit against lower-league opposition so far.

Looking forward to Monaco.

A fair post, but a typical one...

There's a world of difference between 'everything flowing like crazy' (which, of course, I don't expect) and thinking that we should score against York City. And stating that it would be beneficial to be scoring goals now (goals breed goals....)

Get my point?

But what happens, when they come up against the likes of Rhodes, Beckford, Kermorgant, Le Fondre, Holt etc...

Pre season is all about fitness and seeing how the players play, keeping clean sheets is good but pretty irrelevant when we go up against the above.

I honestly can see us having it tough this season, nowhere near as confident as last season. 

You could say the same about our scoring record in pre-season. A meagre three goals in three games is not indicative of where the season will go.

I can honestly see others having it much tougher than us this season, I'm pretty confident (with an eye out for realistic, not overly enthusiastic results).

Sounded like an absolutely fookin dross game.

'At least they've got 90 mins under their belt' and other cliches can be posted here....

You might as well stick 'shit game' down as a cliche for pre season too. Cos that's what they genuinely are in most examples.

We have the same every summer about pre season, its why I don't bother going to pre season games. They are dull, tedious and far too stop start. That's regardless of manager.

Players don't push themselves in friendlies regardless of opposition. The way it's done is lazy. I say that as someone who plays regularly, it's a mental thing as well as a protection of your body. It's why trialists are a waste of time playing in them too, cos they will be working their arse off whilst everyone else strolls around.....see Lamey.

Archived