Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
21st Century Fox

UEFA Champions League 2013/14

My point is though, if they had more youth in there team then it would take the pressure of them and put it onto there opponents like Bayern. I'm not saying they field an whole youth side but i'd suggest playing at least four.

This must be a joke.

Absolute morgue at the Etihad.

A side like that, playing at a level they could only dream of 5/6 years ago and nobody is bothered.

Thought the same, it's an embarrassment and they're generally one of the better in England.

As for the game lol how much was Man City's side again?

I'd be interested to see Forster but not in the next few games they're too important for someone with no international experience. By all means give him a chance in a friendly - but even then Hart's confidence will plummet and if he has a mare then in the long run it might be counterproductive. Plus, whilst Forster my have the odd good game in the Champions League he's playing League 1 opposition most weeks and might be wank when regularly exposed to top teams week in week out.

The last time we put in someone inexperienced in a crucial qualifying game Carson made a howler, we didn't qualify, and the wally with the brolly got the sack.

I agree, I wouldn't play Forster yet but to be honest, it's not like we'd be dropping someone reliable and in form.

Hart's actually regressed. I remember last year when Man City played Dortmund, about this kind of time actually, and he turned in one of the best goalkeeping displays I've seen.

1-3 was extremely flattering to Man City.

Bayern were very good indeed, but to what extent did City make them look good?

City were absolutely over-run in midfield and made to look silly, yet Pellegrini didn't seem to change the structure/tactics at all....

Why?

I agree, I wouldn't play Forster yet but to be honest, it's not like we'd be dropping someone reliable and in form.

Hart's actually regressed. I remember last year when Man City played Dortmund, about this kind of time actually, and he turned in one of the best goalkeeping displays I've seen.

I notice there seems to be a pattern with england goalkeepers in recent years, they look good when they first come on the scene then two or three years down the line they become poor, i think of the liles of Paul Robinson, Robert Green & Scott Carson.

Another bad thing is Jack Butland, we thought the whole point of him joining Stoke he would get first team football and would be another good option for england, but what do Stoke do? send him on loan to Barnsley!

Forsters got potential but i'm not sure he's ready yet, i'd go for Ruddy over the pair of them.

I notice there seems to be a pattern with england goalkeepers in recent years, they look good when they first come on the scene then two or three years down the line they become poor, i think of the liles of Paul Robinson, Robert Green & Scott Carson.

Another bad thing is Jack Butland, we thought the whole point of him joining Stoke he would get first team football and would be another good option for england, but what do Stoke do? send him on loan to Barnsley!

Forsters got potential but i'm not sure he's ready yet, i'd go for Ruddy over the pair of them.

Maybe because those keepers hit a run of good form, but were in fact very average. And Butland really isn't the saviour either...

• 3 weeks later...

Some tasty-looking games today:

Arsenal vs Dortmund

AC Milan vs Barcelona

Celtic vs Ajax

Reckon they will all be home wins. In some cases, unfortunately.

Ajax will win, Celtic will be told they were brave, probably a ref's decision influences, after the game MattP and the Rangers lot will be on mentioning Big Jock and other stuff.

It's what normally happens ;)

Can't wait for the Arsenal game tonight, it will be interesting to see if they can carry on their impressive form against a top side. Considering how effective Dortmund were last season if Arsenal get a win it will show an amazing improvement from last season, and people might take them seriously.

Can't wait for the Arsenal game tonight, it will be interesting to see if they can carry on their impressive form against a top side. Considering how effective Dortmund were last season if Arsenal get a win it will show an amazing improvement from last season, and people might take them seriously.

Yeah but BVB have had a minor wobble lately and Cman seems to think they're a bit depleted so I'll be interested to see the eleven they field.

Archived