Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
21st Century Fox

UEFA Champions League 2013/14

I suppose for all the negatives in modern football, it truly is brilliant when a club like Chelsea falls at home to Basel.

Imagine the amount of shit Benitez would've got from the Chelsea (sign willy puller) fans if he'd produced their last two results?

I still think Arsenal will struggle to get out of that group but hold fire - I'd love to know what odds you could get on them and Napoli going through. Everyone had Dortmund down as the banker but I'm really not convinced, that's a very big win for Napoli tonight.

How bad are AC Milan?! Them over the past season and a bit have been completely unregonisable compared to previous Milan sides, same with Inter as well actually.

I usually love fairytale stories like Basel beating Chelsea, but if Chelsea had won, I would've won 15000 Danish Kroner (roughly £1500) from a £1 bet. I can't believe that was the game that let me down!

Sorry for spoiling the party. :ph34r:

On a sidenote, Basel's equalizer was a joy to the eye of the beholder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrh2u7Cn_Us

That's the fella with the strong anti-Isreal views isn't it?

I think there was some media hype over alleged comments by Basel's two Egyptians Mohamed Salah and Mohamed Elneny prior to the game away at Maccabi Tel-Aviv (coached by none other than Paulo Sousa).

According to Salah himself, he was sort of pushed by Egyptian media and social networks not to travel to Israel in order to make a political statement.

It was also widely (and falsely) reported that Salah and Elneny were to "boycott" the game against Maccabi Tel-Aviv ("I surely wouldn't want to play against Zionists in Israel").

Lots of hot air, in my opinion.

I think there was some media hype over alleged comments by Basel's two Egyptians Mohamed Salah and Mohamed Elneny prior to the game away at Maccabi Tel-Aviv (coached by none other than Paulo Sousa).

According to Salah himself, he was sort of pushed by Egyptian media and social networks not to travel to Israel in order to make a political statement.

It was also widely (and falsely) reported that Salah and Elneny were to "boycott" the game against Maccabi Tel-Aviv ("I surely wouldn't want to play against Zionists in Israel").

Lots of hot air, in my opinion.

He avoided the handshakes in both games, I heard. Tough balance act trying to please the Egyptian and Swiss media at the same time.

Having listened to Chelsea fans relentlessly bang on about Mourinho coming back, slagging off Benitez with their shit little banners and flags, it would be quite amusing if this return fails.

I agree.

The way they treated Benitez was not fair. He didn't sack Di Matteo, he didn't appoint himself.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived