Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramadaone

De Laet

Think he's fine, personally. Doesn't look 100% fit but he's pacey, solid enough at this level and scares full backs. Also has a pretty good link up with Knocky.

Think he looks shit when we play either 3 5 2 or whatever the **** we tried to play today, though. Clearly likes to have someone wide in front of him to overlap with.

Seems I'm the only one who thought he was good today.

He's deserved to be slagged off in the past, due to his defensive play. But defensively today he was very decent, and timed some tackles very well. 

He got forward a lot today, maybe as people have said his final ball lacked, but having a constant direct threat from right-back is something we have missed for a while. I can only recall Kyle Naughton being better in recent times, but he was only on loan.

I don't particularly rate De Laet highly, but he's done alright since joining last season. 

We have got to have something to moan about so I'll start with De Leat....

Is he hopeless or just totally unfit ?

He was very poor today ( again ) but it is an area where we haven't got much cover so suppose we are stuck for options

What game did you watch? Got forward much more than I've seen so far this season today. Usual pacey skilful self too. What''s the problem?

De Laet is good enough at this level for a side like us looking to be top 6.

I think a lot of fans had their expectations altered for what standard we should expect at full back when we borrowed a Premier League class one from 'Spurs who barely ever (if at all) put a foot wrong in a City shirt a few seasons ago...

When he's literally the only player on the right-hand side of the pitch I'm not sure what you expect from him. He's bound to be out of position occasionally because he's being a winger and full-back all at the same time. He's constantly running up and down the full length of the pitch because Knockeart's inside.

Half the time he has no protection in front of him yet rarely gets exposed.

Considering what he has to do he does it really well and if he got injured we'd really notice. There is no-one in our squad that is mobile enough and defensive enough to do the job the way he does it.

He's quick and gets forward really well. His final ball today though was pants.

I believe overall he's a real asset to this team and was a good signing.

I maintain what I've always said though... I think he's better going forward than going back to defend. More of a wing back than an orthodox full back.

He wasn't his best today, but on a whole I like him, he doesn't have a bad game often, I think today was just an off day and even today he didn't do too much wrong, he still made good runs, got into good positions, I just felt his first touch was too heavy on several occasions today.

He wasn't his best today, but on a whole I like him, he doesn't have a bad game often, I think today was just an off day and even today he didn't do too much wrong, he still made good runs, got into good positions, I just felt his first touch was too heavy on several occasions today.

I like De Laet too, but apart from the things you highlight, he also misplaced many passes today.  

Not his best game.

Archived