Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Newcastle prepare move for Liam Moore

Newcastle would probably claim he's theirs and has always loved newcastle.

Love it.

Thing is for me - if Newcastle was around and aiming for a top 6 finish, playing in Europe and had abit of cash to spend, you could see them being linked with Moore as a potential first - team player to develop. None of this is the case so it makes no sense to me what so ever. Shit journalism from a shit paper.

Moore still has a lot to prove yet though before people on here jump on the bandwagon! 

:pearson: !!!

Why is everyone saying "I WOULDNT SELL HIM FOR ANY LESS THAN £7m" ??? 

I think we may be overrating the lad a bit by those standards... 

He's good, but hes no way near worth 7m. 

He's had a decent few months in the first team as well as a half decent performance last season when he played.. he was hot/cold last year.. 

Tevez sold for 7m....

Victor Moses for 1.5m

Gervinho 7m

Better than steven caulker at 8m?

better than arouna kone at 6m?

shelvey 5m?

sessegnon 6m 

anichebe 5m

Gary hooper 5.5m 

Mignolet 9m

I understand he is young, english and looks a good player, But he wont break the england squad ANY TIME SOON, and to be honest after 1 good season in the championship, is not likely too.

I really really rate the lads potential, but some of the figures you lot are putting on him is fvcking rediculous! 

He has potential. But if you stuck him in the prem now he would be eaten alive.

£3-4m at most. more likely 2.5.

Try and be realistic guys?

Hahahahaaa he's worth no more than £2 million right now, stop being daft. Hopefully we won't sell him and his stock rises as his development is coming along nicely, but lets not go overboard. I reckon Wasyl will be in ahead of him soon anyway so these stories will disappear again. His agent knows how to get his player in the limelight doesn't he....

Hahahahaaa he's worth no more than £2 million right now, stop being daft. Hopefully we won't sell him and his stock rises as his development is coming along nicely, but lets not go overboard. I reckon Wasyl will be in ahead of him soon anyway so these stories will disappear again. His agent knows how to get his player in the limelight doesn't he....

This. 

I would be expecting england call ups if he is worth 10m and if he's better than steven caulker i'll eat my hat.

ATM he is not worth £5m let alone the £12m ive seen on this thread.

Rediculous how our players are either massively overrated, or massively underrated....

Which could be about 10x what he's currently earning, he'd be mad not to leave.

This.

I know i have dropped some controversial opinions and social clangers, but some of the posts on here are absolutely ridiculous eh hackney....

the prospects of playing with Newcastle.. a more stable, grounded, better team, with high chances of sustained top 6-8 football once the penny drops and they sort their team out, on wages probably 5x - 10x more than he is on now, Yeah... he'd be absolutely mad to leave!!

We would then slate him for leaving us haha!!

Some people eh 

I would imagine this is Moore's agent looking for a pay rise given his recent excellent displays. That contract he signed last year when he was inexplicably linked with Man United would hardly put him up there with the highest of our earners. Shame that there could be some disruption if that is the case, I remember Pearson pretty much saying his agent was responsible for the Man United stuff in an interview last season.

Can't see any reason why Moore would even want to go - even if they offer him £40k a week.

He's one of our own, he loves it here and looking ahead, we'll be playing a division above The Toon next season.

I will remember this post come the end of the season. Want to make a bet of £50, that we will be in the Premiership, and Newcastle in the Championship next season?

Why is everyone saying "I WOULDNT SELL HIM FOR ANY LESS THAN £7m" ??? 

I think we may be overrating the lad a bit by those standards... 

He's good, but hes no way near worth 7m. 

He's had a decent few months in the first team as well as a half decent performance last season when he played.. he was hot/cold last year.. 

Tevez sold for 7m....

Victor Moses for 1.5m

Gervinho 7m

Better than steven caulker at 8m?

better than arouna kone at 6m?

shelvey 5m?

sessegnon 6m 

anichebe 5m

Gary hooper 5.5m 

Mignolet 9m

I understand he is young, english and looks a good player, But he wont break the england squad ANY TIME SOON, and to be honest after 1 good season in the championship, is not likely too.

I really really rate the lads potential, but some of the figures you lot are putting on him is fvcking rediculous! 

He has potential. But if you stuck him in the prem now he would be eaten alive.

£3-4m at most. more likely 2.5.

Try and be realistic guys?

I think those posters are basing their valuations on the more relevant figures being bandied about from various papers for the likes of Tom Ince / Wilfried Zaha / Sam Byram - young English Championship talent is seemingly at a premium price. I don't think Liam Moore is worth anything approaching £3-5 million (yet) - but we've seen other youngsters leave this division for more - ergo I don't think it's too ridiculous to demand a decent wedge for the boy.

I don't see how listing Arouna Kone's transfer fee is remotely relevant to this particular situation.

I think those posters are basing their valuations on the more relevant figures being bandied about from various papers for the likes of Tom Ince / Wilfried Zaha / Sam Byram - young English Championship talent is seemingly at a premium price. I don't think Liam Moore is worth anything approaching £3-5 million (yet) - but we've seen other youngsters leave this division for more - ergo I don't think it's too ridiculous to demand a decent wedge for the boy.

I don't see how listing Arouna Kone's transfer fee is remotely relevant to this particular situation.

relevant in the fact that People think moore would sum a  fee more than proven players at higher levels...

Looking at players like Byram, Zaha etc...

Wilfried zaha is a future england star, a wonderkid if you like, Byram looks to be the same, however moore is not at the moment...

so why people use figures of zaha to enhance moores price because he is "English" is quite silly, nationality has no meaning in the club game unfortunately. 

We would get no more than 2.5-4m for the lad. 4m being a push.

He's had 1 good season. and there is a long way to go yet,

He's good, but time will tell if he will be that good!!

The amount he's worth to another club and our value as fans will differ greatly. He's a local lad who's having a great season and starting to build a great reputation. To a club in a league above that might mean raw potential and a gamble at £2/3m tops, but for us to replace him as both a regular starting player, and emotionally as "one of our own" playing in the 1st team is hard to take and impossible to put a figure on it.

Liam Moore has come out of a top academy with flying colours, proven himself in League 1 and 2 with loan spells at Bradford and Brentford and has established himself in a top championship team alongside - in many people's opinion - the best CB in the league and matches his performances regularly. He has England youth caps and has had big teams looking at him since he was 18. Also home grown and a potential full international given the right development. Compare him to Michael Keane who is going to be blooded into the England and Man utd sides if he keeps it up who we couldn't get for £4mil and I reckon Liam is no worse the Keano. We are wholly justified to slap a minimum £4mil price tag on him and add ons. As for £1.5mil - Newcastle can do 1!

Don't bitch and moan to me but from what I've heard I think Liam would be keen on a move to Newcastle.

Even if he isn't if that sort of bid came in with the wage and signing on fee on offer came through you can be sure his agent would do enough to able to turn his head.

They are the real professionals when it comes to football transfers.

The problem here is one that he is young and unproven. Premiership clubs have a habit of picking up decent young prospects for next to nothing then it always goes to a transfer tribunal and the tribunal always comes down on the side of the club that paid next to fa for the player in the first place?

This has happened before and will continue to happen especially with the ffp regulations coming into place.

Will be interesting to see what happens may explain why Pearson is looking at that Man City young kid centre back? Let's face it we don't need another bloody centre back atm?

Archived