Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Newcastle prepare move for Liam Moore

Firstly, it's Newcastle and not Man Utd that are interested. Secondly, Zaha is an attacking player, and attacking players have a tendency to cost more than defensive ones. Thirdly, Zaha, like it or not, is a far greater talent than Moore.

Yes but Zahas is about 5x the player Moore is

He's better, but he isn't that much better. The lad is so over-rated it's untrue. I still wouldn't have him over Knockaert and I said that at the time of Man Utd buying him.

He's better, but he isn't that much better. The lad is so over-rated it's untrue. I still wouldn't have him over Knockaert and I said that at the time of Man Utd buying him.

Hmm. Zaha looked incredible this time last year when they beat us 2-0 at our place.

It looked like he lost his head January onwards after signing for man utd.

Certainly not overrated at our level, very possibly so when thrown into a squad of world class players though.

I think with Moore being a local lad with his head screwed on he'll place his development before money. He is living every young city fan's dream so can't see him going after half a season of first team football. His reaction after the goal said everything. Besides I doubt Newcastle would pay £4mill that he's worth and they'll want a more immeadiate solution to their defensive problems like a 26-8 yr old with prem experience.

Hmm. Zaha looked incredible this time last year when they beat us 2-0 at our place.

It looked like he lost his head January onwards after signing for man utd.

Certainly not overrated at our level, very possibly so when thrown into a squad of world class players though.

He looked no better than Bolasie that day.

He's a talented player, no doubt about it, but £15mil is laughable and Man Utd isn't his level, at all.

My point exactly. They'll want someone with more experience. Richards has England caps and EPL/FA cup winners medals. I can't see why they'd gamble on an unproven - albeit very good youth player - when they could get someone of Richards quality and some of Pardew's transfers have already looked wobbly in the PL. Would hate for Liam Moore to leave us with our fans having seen him develop into the player he is today.

Newcastle need to improve their backline, ideally with a new centre back, but they need to improve it now, not in a couple of years. Moore looks a great prospect and on current development he will reach the very top level, but he's no better right now than what Newcastle already have. They'll sign an established Premier League reserve defender.

If this happens I will post a picture of my arse on here lol so many reasons why it won't thankfully.

1. He's a city lad through and through

2. If there really is a bid Newcastle would have to at least triple it to even speak to him

3. I can definitely see Newcastle in a similar position to 3 years ago very soon and Moore must see this

4. He's playing regular football in his own town why move 200 miles and risk it ( I see a big contract coming his way from us)

5. Pardew and kinnear probably wouldn't agree anyway.....

That a skint journalist if you ask me

If they want a young lad with no prem experience to " solve their defensive problems" then its an indication that they are in serious trouble.

However I think it's more of an indication that the story is a bunch of doodoo...

Archived