Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Newcastle prepare move for Liam Moore

NEWCASTLE are preparing a move for Leicester youngster Liam Moore.

Alan Pardew sees the England Under-21 right-back, 20, as a possible solution to his defensive problems.

Moore has two years left on his contract but Foxes could let him go for £1.5million in January.

Source The Sun but also featured in Daily Mail

It depends how desperate we are with regards to FFP and Newcastle might know something we don't about that. It won't be the first or last time a club has been 'forced' to sell a promising player for a 'reduced' fee. 

Current market value for young English talent means he should go for anything between £5-12 million. Let's be honest, he's only gonna get better. He's not even 21 yet and he's proved how capable he is at playing centre back in statistically one of the best defences in the Championship. I think the lad is immense but I would sell for upwards of £7.5 million.

He's the only player I see in our squad that has the potential and ability to play at that level, I do rate him a lot. The figure quoted is a joke though, I wouldn't accept anything less than £4,000,000.

Undisturbed by this news. Why would he want to leave us right now?

Sure if he had a few seasons with us and was becoming 'too good' for us (not that a fan playing for the club would ever believe he was too good) then I could see a move happening.

I'd probably be happy (metaphorically speaking Uncle Albert) putting a decent sum on Moore staying here a few seasons yet.

Plus Newcastle aren't really all that are they? Big fanbase, then what?

In the Guardian gossip section too:

Gareth Southgate's plan is to set a cap on the use of foreign players in the Championship, an environment scientifically proven* to foster home talent if given the chance. Newcastle United fans will hope there's no direct link between this and Alan Pardew's announcement that his side has "too many foreigners", and that he "needs to look at British players quickly". Leicester's Liam Moore is apparently top of the list.

This section usually has about a 1/1500 accurate rumour ratio. 

If this has any substance they would hardly open up saying they would pay 4 or 5mill as we will hold out for more anyway.

If it was us we would start as low as possible.

Well now we would not so sure a few years ago though lol lol

Did someone actually just say Liam Moore and 12 million in a sentence being serious?

Zaha went for £15 million, Ince was quoted around the £10 million mark. Moore is younger than both of those and so far this season he has been spoken about as one of the best centre backs in the Championship and is part of arguably the best centre back partnership with Wes. These days young English players cost big money and it's not like we are desperate to sell as we are pushing for promotion and he's not gonna be on the biggest of wages compared to others (SSL, Gallagher etc).

Archived