Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC FOX

Standers in N block ejected, Banned and cancelled season tickets

You are everything that is wrong with the modern game. Everything!

Tigers!!

This may be one of the issues. The modern game IS the here and now whether you like it or not. Living in the past doesnt change anything. Although I must admit, i've been to a lot of modern stadiums and most tolerate a standing section but not multiple ones. Even when Filbo went all seater, you knew if you wanted to stand where to go. I dont remember groups of fans attempting to stand in the Upper tier of the Carling Stand.

Maybe everyone should stop looking at it like the club want to crush the fans and maybe recognise that the club already have a little give and take with L block?

Or will people just look at that as being on the clubs side rather than an amicable comprimise?

I dont know. I try and get a standing ticket when I come back for a game but if I cant, I just sit down. Either way I enjoy it just in a different way.

Something to do with the amount of standing. As soon as the club realised that singing inevitably meant standing, they wanted the section closed. Its proximity to the away fans didn't help either.

However, on the plus side, most of the fans left at least £4.34 richer after the Coventry game.

I sit in the family with my 2 boys most games and very rarely do we hear swearing etc from individuals, N block or otherwise. We purposely sit as close to N block as possible as my 2 enjoy joining in with the chants now they're old enough to know the words to some of them.

Part of the whole match day experience is the atmosphere in the ground as well as the footy being played. I've often spoke to my eldest about what it used to be like in the pens at Filbo, and I feel like he's missing out on a little part of growing up not being able to experience that.

Have all the self righteous posters read this very sensible post, from a parent who actually sits in the family stand, like myself.

I sit in the family with my 2 boys most games and very rarely do we hear swearing etc from individuals, N block or otherwise. We purposely sit as close to N block as possible as my 2 enjoy joining in with the chants now they're old enough to know the words to some of them.

Part of the whole match day experience is the atmosphere in the ground as well as the footy being played. I've often spoke to my eldest about what it used to be like in the pens at Filbo, and I feel like he's missing out on a little part of growing up not being able to experience that.

Ginger. Take note of this my friend. It comes across to me as if you're a member of the prawn sandwich brigade with your flask and quilt across your legs throughout the game. The OP is correct in so many ways. It's what football is about.

I sit in the kop now and again and I don't want to stand.  I've been sitting there before and two knuckleheads in front of me decided to stand the entire game, no thought for anyone behind them who wanted to sit and watch the game.  Nobody wanted to say anything to them though as they'd clearly had a couple too many, and would have probably relished being confronted about it.

Oh, and on a secondary note, families with children have every right to sit in the designated family area and expect those around them to behave appropriately.  This is the entire point of the family stand.  Not sure what's up for debate?  To say that bad language and aggressive behaviour is acceptable in these areas just because it's a football game is quite frankly embarrassing.

Exactly the point I have put over, but some people on here are either too thick to understand it, or just too pig ignorant to care.

Exactly the point I have put over, but some people on here are either too thick to understand it, or just too pig ignorant to care.

No they're really not pig ignorant to care. Swearing happens at football, kids will eventually hear it wether it be in the family stand, kop, main stand etc part and parcel of football I'm afraid.

This idea that standing and signing = incessant swearing is nonsense to be honest.

When You're Smiling

We Love You

Our Boys in Blue

EIEIEIO, Up the Football League we go

Leicester, Leicester

Those five must be the most common songs in the Family Stand and there is not a single expletive in any of them. I can't help thinking that a lot of what is being said is stereotyping of fans who stand and sing by those who don't, which seems rather hypocritical when you consider the latter are the first to get their knickers in a twist when stereotyped themselves as the 'flask army' etc.

Ginger. Take note of this my friend. It comes across to me as if you're a member of the prawn sandwich brigade with your flask and quilt across your legs throughout the game. The OP is correct in so many ways. It's what football is about.

People are complaining in the family stand, hence the clubs actions. As for me being part of the prawn sandwich brigade, you can go bollocks pal.

I am in the same situation with my lad. Usually the only swearing is from the kids sat next to us and that's usually at each other.

The back of N block provides a good atmosphere for the family stand. We have tried seats all over the ground including K block and the Kop but are happiest in P1 near the singing and away fans.

I do think the issue is with the club putting the family stand next to the away fans and making L1 ST only.

I think there's a bit of a grey area too regarding teenagers:maybe too young to be in L1 ,too old to be in the Family Stand, but like to have the banter with the away opposition,i sit among quite a few who are good lads and never cause any trouble but like to stand.

I think there's a bit of a grey area too regarding teenagers:maybe too young to be in L1 ,too old to be in the Family Stand, but like to have the banter with the away opposition,i sit among quite a few who are good lads and never cause any trouble but like to stand.

This is a good point, a fair few 15 - 18 year olds. None of them to be fair constantly act big to the away fans. Just the "who are ya" chant which isn't bad.  

Archived