Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Lloyd's best season

Think everyone will agree that Lloyd has been terrific recently. His ability to beat defenders and put in telling balls is a joy to behold. Got me thinking if this is the best he has looked for us ever?

He was great in the league 1 season and the playoff season after but to me he looks far more dangerous now

I was thinking the same thing.

I've always said that if Lloyd had a football brain he would be playing in the prem. If you could put GTF's head on his body he'd be playing at Barca.

To give Lloyd credit though his decision making seems to have improved loads recently. Gone are the days he used to look clueless when in dangerous positions, he now takes his time to pick a pass. Maybe he has become aware of his own limitations and if the coaching staff have helped him do this then hats off.

For me the first name on the teamsheet, and has been for a while.

He causes more problems for the opposition and creates more chances than the rest of our team combined.  This was shown in the first few games of this season when he wasn't a starter.

Yes he doesn't always capitalise, but far better to create a chance and mess it up now and again than not create it in the first place.

I only hope that we're not becoming overly reliant on him.

For me the first name on the teamsheet, and has been for a while.

He causes more problems for the opposition and creates more chances than the rest of our team combined. This was shown in the first few games of this season when he wasn't a starter.

Yes he doesn't always capitalise, but far better to create a chance and mess it up now and again than not create it in the first place.

I only hope that we're not becoming overly reliant on him.

Good post. We do need cover though so he doesn't burn out

Still not consistent but if he was he'd be in the Prem. Top decision making for the winner yesterday.

Good post, but this stuff about Dyer being 'inconsistent' really is a myth.

He's our top 'assister' this season and one of the top scorers. Play him correctly and he will come up with the goods far more often than not.

There are players in this team far more 'inconsistent' than Lloyd Dyer. Andy King being a prime example and, dare I say it, Kasper.

Good post, but this stuff about Dyer being 'inconsistent' really is a myth.

He's our top 'assister' this season and one of the top scorers. Play him correctly and he will come up with the goods far more often than not.

There are players in this team far more 'inconsistent' than Lloyd Dyer. Andy King being a prime example and, dare I say it, Kasper.

By inconsistent, I meant more in a match then from game-to-game. At times yesterday, he looked poor on the ball, and weak off it. But then there were moments, like for both goals, where he ran riot and made good chances. That's perfectly fine from me, if he did the right thing with top quality every time he got it he wouldn't be playing for Leicester.

I've always said that if Lloyd had a football brain he would be playing in the prem. If you could put GTF's head on his body he'd be playing at Barca.

To give Lloyd credit though his decision making seems to have improved loads recently. Gone are the days he used to look clueless when in dangerous positions, he now takes his time to pick a pass. Maybe he has become aware of his own limitations and if the coaching staff have helped him do this then hats off.

And if Gallagher had pace he'd be playing in the Prem.....

If Leicester were a better side we'd be top half in the Prem....

I'll assume you were being colourful with the Barca thing.

Dyer is a million miles away from being a Premiership player.

Fortunately we're in the Championship.

In any case I don't think Dyer has been any less frustrating than usual this season. I've had my head in my hands several times because of his ridiculousness - getting the ball stuck under his feet, missing sitters etc.

He's just one of those players who can be very effective or very wasteful. Against Fulham he had an absolute mare missing two great chances when he came on, then ended up getting the winner through a fantastic burst right at the end.

That's just Lloyd.

By inconsistent, I meant more in a match then from game-to-game. At times yesterday, he looked poor on the ball, and weak off it. But then there were moments, like for both goals, where he ran riot and made good chances. That's perfectly fine from me, if he did the right thing with top quality every time he got it he wouldn't be playing for Leicester.

I just think that nearly all wingers are like this. Unless you're talking Giggsy, most wingers sometimes give the ball away, run into blind alleys and deliver crosses that are far from perfect. Look at Lennon, for example. He's an established Prem player, yet he can blow incredibly hot and cold. During the same match, he can skin defences and score a great goal, then go missing for the next 20 mins.

When you are running with such pace, it's very difficult to keep the ball under control and to deliver it on a sixpence.

Personally, I rate Dyer as one of our most consistent players of recent times, given the role he plays. Again, it shows how far off the mark Sven was when he never gave Dyer a chance. Ridiculous management, given the lads talent and commitment.

Is it so hard to recognise Dyer's a good player? Don't know why people persist with their opinions at times. Be willing to change your mind, it's clear he's contributed a lot this season.

Dyer can be effective, that doesn't make him a good footballer. He's a terrible footballer in fact.

I consider good players to have some technical skill.

Every time he has a good game these kind of comments get passed around. Just accept him for what he is. He's not one of the best players in the Championship, and he's not nearly Premiership quality. He's a very quick player in a league where pace is a huge asset.

If putting GTF's head on Dyer's body is a possibility then we really should do it.

The moral dilemma, however, is what to do with the left over head and body?

I like the guy, He can be a game changer, he doesnt do enough with the amount of chances he gets for goal scoring opportunities, scoring an average of 1 in 10, when he gets clear cut chances atleasts 1 in 2, 

Good for us now but if we go up he needs to go, he's nowhere near the calibre for that league, physically yes. mentally no.

Would love to see him round off his career with a high, and get in a young winger to slowly take the reigns and replace when we reach the premiership

Dyer can be effective, that doesn't make him a good footballer. He's a terrible footballer in fact.

I consider good players to have some technical skill.

Every time he has a good game these kind of comments get passed around. Just accept him for what he is. He's not one of the best players in the Championship, and he's not nearly Premiership quality. He's a very quick player in a league where pace is a huge asset.

If that's the definition of a good footballer then it actually doesn't matter if he's good or not then. It's all about what he adds to the team, whether that comes from footballing ability or not doesn't concern me.

"Dyer's got the most assists this season and has often looked threatening" "But he's not a very good footballer"

Well so fvcking what?!

You can have your definition of what makes a good footballer but it's meaningless to me and anyone who cares about what matters in football.

I think he reversed his 1 good game and 4 average games this season,I love to watch him play,his pace and contribution to the team is great,also feel he's a great player to have in the changing room,comes across as a bit shy but a great role model to any youngsters on how to go about there business on and off the field?

Archived