Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Lloyd's best season

Dyer would be my first name on the team sheet.

He is very consistent this season and I really cannot see why people think dyer who has the most assists this season 'shit'

Unbelievable . He'd walk into any club at this level, and I would love to see him in the premier league

Always liked Lloyd, even when not playing well, he always tries to give 100%, and when playing well you know he is going to be a constant threat. 

He's been inconsistent ever since he joined the club, but how can you not love the guy.

Dyer is frequently awesome when he has space behind the back line so he can use his pace effectively... But when teams are defending deep against him giving themselves a few yards advantage dyer won't run at then at look pedestrian most times in these sorts of games... I agree though, I think this season is his best thus far for us

Every player in our squad is inconsistent over 90 mins and the season and therefore not 100% effective.

You only have to look at the numerous player threads and match ratings to see.

I'm not sure why certain players attract this particular reputation but it's a well known fact that people will see the best/worst in people depending on all sorts of prejudices, influences and experience many of which are picked up from other forum members.

Definitely his best season to date. I don't buy all this 'Lloyd is a bad footballer, but has bags of pace' argument. Lloyd is a good footballer- he always gives 100%, he has a lot of assists! he regularly beats his man! and he's scored a few goals too. Sometimes, his finishing is awful, but I can forgive him that because of everything else that is in his game.

Seems to love leicester too.

There are times when he looks hopeless, like a couple of finishes in home games where he seemed to lack composure and confidence to put them away. Then he'll make a great cross or finish. His stats this season must be very impressive in terms of goals and assists.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/251113-lloyd-dyer-citys-silent-assassin-1194628.aspx

LCFC.com takes a closer look at the all-round attacking contribution of one of the quieter members of Nigel Pearson's squad...
Sadly for Mick McCarthy and Ipswich, the sharp end of City’s attacking endeavours had an ominously familiar feel to it. As proceedings at Portman Road began to swing in the Foxes’ favour on Saturday, it was inevitable that one man in particular would be at the heart of an impressive Leicester turnaround.

But while David Nugent, the Tractor Boys’ well-documented tormentor-in-chief for some nine seasons, weighed in with both goals in City’s 2-1 victory, the Foxes’ leading marksman had ammunition supplied by a familiar outlet.

In his five previous seasons with Leicester City, Lloyd Dyer can rarely have had a more productive start to a campaign than this. In 19 appearances so far this term, the Birmingham-born winger has had a significant hand in 14 City goals – scoring five, assisting six and making telling contributions in the build-up to at least another three. Statistically, no other Leicester player has made a bigger all-round attacking contribution this season.

Few that have been regulars at King Power Stadium this season, witnessing Dyer’s rapier-like bursts from the left flank, will be surprised by those figures. For those that have occasionally accused the 31-year-old flyer of lacking end-product, it might raise a few eyebrows.

Even Dyer himself, a man of famously few words, was surprised with the figure when LCFC.com presented him with it after the win in Suffolk.

“Wow! Is it as many as that?†he said sincerely. “I knew it was a few, but I didn’t realise it was that high. I suppose numbers like that can creep up on you when you’re playing regularly in a team that’s winning games at the top of the table.
dyer-480-lc6066-088280-1194617.jpg
“We’ve been flying as a group; all the boys have been doing really well. Everyone wants to play and people have had to be patient, but you saw on Saturday what can happen when those players get their chance.

“We’ve got a good spread of players that can score and create goals. Anthony [Knockaert] was suspended on Saturday, but Vards [Jamie Vardy] came back in and was brilliant. The gaffer thought we needed fresh legs in the second half and Jamo [Matty James] comes on and makes a difference. Kingy [Andy King] has been scoring and creating, Drinky [Danny Drinkwater] has done both too so it’s healthy.â€

At 31, Dyer has developed the experience and the guile that comes with nearly 400 career appearances (selection pending, he could pass that milestone just before Christmas). Unfortunately for the full-backs he faces, he has lost none of the blistering pace that has made him a menace to defences throughout the Football League. From his Premier League debut with West Bromwich Albion, to tearing up League 2 with MK Dons and lifting Leicester from League 1 back to the Championship, he has experience in all of England’s top four tiers.

But is he now hitting the best, or at least the most productive, form of his career to date?

“I’d like to think so,†he said. “You never stop learning and maybe I’m a bit wiser now. I think I make better decisions on the pitch than I did four or five years ago. But I think I still have more to offer.

“I’m happy too, which makes a big difference. I love playing for this Club and I enjoy playing in this team, under this manager. We’re a positive, attacking team that plays with a lot of pace and I think that suits me. It’s a really good group of lads too and everyone enjoys coming into work every day.
dyer-480-lc6059-032280-1194613.jpg
“It’s been a good start to the season, both for the team and for me personally, but there’s a long way to go and none of us will be happy if we don’t do what we set out to achieve, which is win promotion. We’ve got to keep this pace up.â€

Dyer is clearly happy playing for Nigel Pearson, the manager that signed him from MK Dons in the summer of 2008, and the feeling appears mutual.

During Pearson’s two spells with the Foxes, Dyer has been a go-to man. This season alone, the City boss has regularly praised the balance he provides - the classic out-and-out winger complementing the impulsive qualities of a young maverick like Knockaert on the opposite flank.

Pearson even handed Dyer the honour of wearing the captain’s armband for the 5-2 win at Carlisle United in the Capital One Cup. Typically enough, he scored one and made another.
dyer-480-lc6047-060280-1194611.jpg
“The gaffer knows me well,†Dyer says simply. “I worked with him and Shakey (assistant manager Craig Shakespeare) at West Brom when I was young so I know what they want from me and they know what I can offer.

“The way they want to play has always suited me and they’re all top, top people – the gaffer, Shakey, Walshy (assistant manager Steve Walsh) and all the staff. Fans won’t often see the work that goes on behind the scenes, but they’re great people to work with.â€

Whatever goes on behind closed doors at Belvoir Drive, Pearson and his staff and getting something right. And not just with Lloyd Dyer.

"In his five previous seasons with Leicester City, Lloyd Dyer can rarely have had a more productive start to a campaign than this. In 19 appearances so far this term, the Birmingham-born winger has had a significant hand in 14 City goals – scoring five, assisting six and making telling contributions in the build-up to at least another three..."

I think anybody who questions Dyer's worth really needs to read that sentence. Works so hard, loves the club - what more could we ask for?

Remember in the Fox fanzine they'd have a cult favourite player article, Lloyd has become one for definite and was even mentioned in a positive light on the football league show along with Nugent, not bad for a current Leicester player lol

How many seasons is it now since he became a fox?

Remember in the Fox fanzine they'd have a cult favourite player article, Lloyd has become one for definite and was even mentioned in a positive light on the football league show along with Nugent, not bad for a current Leicester player lol

How many seasons is it now since he became a fox?

Wasn't Dyer signed by Pearson during his first tenure? For the start of the League 1 campaign I think?

"In his five previous seasons with Leicester City, Lloyd Dyer can rarely have had a more productive start to a campaign than this. In 19 appearances so far this term, the Birmingham-born winger has had a significant hand in 14 City goals – scoring five, assisting six and making telling contributions in the build-up to at least another three..."

I think anybody who questions Dyer's worth really needs to read that sentence. Works so hard, loves the club - what more could we ask for?

This also proves what I've been saying for ages. This 'final product' of Dyer is not as bad as people think. He's just so quick that his crosses are not always met by an oncoming striker. They simply have not caught up. For this reason, Vardy's presence in the team is invaluable. He is as quick as Lloyd and can link up so well with him. Same with Schlupp.

Yes, sometimes it will go to Dyer's head and he'll put across a stinker of a cross. The problem is that these are the ones that people remember (fair play, they can be funny lol) but by and large, you watch his final ball.. It can be sensational actually. Quick and whipped in and very hard to defend.

Archived