Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

IF we were to sign a new striker...

New striker  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Which striker do you want (Don't forget FFP!)?

• Sylvan Ebanks-Blake
    • Matty Fryatt
    • Nakhi Wells
    • Dimitar Berbatov (yeah right)
    • Lucciano Becchio
    • Matej Vydra
    • Connor Wickham

1. Sylvan Ebanks-Blake - decent at this level, wouldnt mind him but only worry is how long he's been out for
  2. Matty Fryatt - Voted for him, best of an 'ok' bunch of options, purely based on he was good last time he was here until the jaw break so would continue
  3. Nakhi Wells - Tidy in league one, but is that the answer to the goalscorer we need, untried in championship, sort of player you'd buy in the summer and slowly bring into the team not mid season to pin your hopes on resolving the goal conversion problem.
  4. Dimitar Berbatov (yeah right) - arrogant nob, but extremely gifted, too good for this level and he knows it.... no way we'd afford his wages
  5. Lucciano Becchio - decent player but not an out and out striker, don't think he'd be anything we haven't already got
  6. Matej Vydra - decent at this level, but unavailable as only on loan at WBA... if he came back down to this level, Watford would be where he'd go

It's a hard one as there  limited options around, IF SEB is fit and ready to go and wages arent high, Id take him, but based on the fact the fact he's been out for a while I'd take fryatt, although we do already have him in vardy and nuge, they just need to perform

Wickham's available apparently. I never used to rate him but he's grown on me as a player.

He first took my eye a couple of years ago playing for Ipswich he scored against us and was a real handful,i remember turning around to my mates saying you can see why he is going to Sunderland.

Looks like he was not quite ready for the step up to the prem at that stage but he has certainly benefited going out on loan to Sheff Wed,6 goals in 13 games and still only 20,could be just the type of player that would do well for us, 6ft 3, good in the air,good feet and would get lots of service,out of all the strikers available i think he is a must.

I think we need a big target man Striker. It is not every week we will be able to out play teams (i.e Brighton, Man City, probably QPR this Saturday) so there are times where we need to be more direct. He doesn't have to be an efficient goalscorer just someone to hold the ball up, win cheap free kicks and get us up the pitch when we have our backs against the wall.

Wood, although being sizable wins very little in the air and isn't that good with his back to goal. Someone in the similar model of Vokes who although didn't look like scoring against us held the ball up fantastically and really caused our 2 centre halves trouble. I think a player like that would be a perfect foil for Vardy as he can continue to hustle and bustle and make runs behind.  So from that list I would say Beccio is the best example of that type of player.

Becchio would be a fantastic singing but if he was signing for us it would make him a bad signing, the same with all the strikers mentioned.

Could Guidetti be an option on loan? (I'm very doubtful though)

Becchio would be a fantastic singing but if he was signing for us it would make him a bad signing, the same with all the strikers mentioned.

Could Guidetti be an option on loan? (I'm very doubtful though)

Yeah I suggested him a couple of days ago. Didn't get one reply lol

Out of them Becchio for me.

But I'd like Kevin Phillips or Patrick Bamford on loan.

Phillips is a great shout. I am a massive fan of his. We have the players to do all the 'running around', this guy knows where the back of the net is and has proven it throughout his career. He also strikes me as a good professional and generally nice guy. Be good to have around the place. I think he'd be well up for it too.

Archived