Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Daily Star - Alex Pritchard.

Looks quality but we've got 4 players competing for two spots currently.

Bit confused by comments to this end.

We currently don't have a dedicated attacking midfielder in the squad, unless you count Knockaert. To me, signing a player like Pritchard would signal an intent to be more versatile in our tactics.

Who plays 442 in the Prem? It's not common. I can well see us learning to play 4231. Drinkwater, James and King would all be excellent sitting deep in that system but I wouldn't put any of them up at "AMC."

We currently don't have a dedicated attacking midfielder in the squad, unless you count Knockaert. To me, signing a player like Pritchard would signal an intent to be more versatile in our tactics.

Who plays 442 in the Prem? It's not common. I can well see us learning to play 4231. Drinkwater, James and King would all be excellent sitting deep in that system but I wouldn't put any of them up at "AMC."

You're right, but we still have a squad to satisfy. This week it was GTF and Schlupp, if this lad comes in it turns into Hammond, Schlupp and GTF.

All to which we're still paying wages.

Spending 500k on this lad, albeit him bringing versatility doesn't really make sense in terms of squad harmony and the financials to me.

I agree with this.

Which is why we should be on the hunt for he next Adam Lallana (2nd best English player in this role IMO, more realistic than Rooney though).

Agree with this. A very different option and could be a real game changer being introduced. With injuries and suspensions to take into account a fifth and more importantly different midfielder would be most welcome. Also with 3 wingers for 2 spots it remains possible, as with the Ipswich game, we change to 4-3-3 due to a suspension/injury (albeit less likely) but this guy gives us another option of playing 1 behind the strikers.

People concerned about Hammond loosing his place is a bit general. I think Hammond will command a place on the bench for known physical opponents. But a player like Pritchard would be useful at home and in tight away game. I think the quoted poster alluded To a multitude of options being on the bench and those options would still include Hammond in the correct occasions. Alternatively we could buy and then loan him out again to continue development but I'd like him in our squad.

Think spurs make the wrong choices with their youth players - why is Kane still there and this guy out on loan?

He is a playmaker a player that can glide past the opposition in the centre of the park and can provide assists, we don't have one of them on our books so would be the the type of player we would need.

More like a Derby, Will Hughes type!!

Spurs are and it works for them when you have players like Eriksen, Adabayor and Soldado in your side.

Archived