Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

15 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Bethesda just Tweeted a tease for what looks like a Fallout announcement, and the internet has gone ape-sh*t. 

I imagine it's a Nintendo Switch port of Fallout 4 or a remaster.

How is it?

16 hours ago, WeDonWantProhibition said:

Path of Exile
I am looking forward to the new Incursion league. One of the most interesting free MMO RPGs.
Some call PoE the successor to Diablo 2 and I agree with that. Everyone played probably in Diablo 2, Path of Exile is much more elaborate. A very extensive alchemi department and PvP exchange using currency (in PoE currency to orbs).
A very large selection of items and builds.
A very relaxing game, free to play.

I was/am a huge Diablo fan. I wanted D2 to be very dark and gritty like the first and I remember there being talk during development that there would be fog of war, which excited me no end.

Diablo 2 ended up far more open world than D1 and although it was a great game, it didn't catch my imagination as much.

Diablo 3 restored it a little bit, but by this time I had felt burnout for the franchise.

I joined PoE during the development stages and thought it had a great deal of promise: The realism graphics, the dark colour schemes, the gameplay mechanics.

It's probably superior to the Diablo games now, but it just never caught my imagination, sadly, and I feel I missed out.

If I ever go back, I'll likely either boot up old Diablo 1 for nostalgic reasons or venture into PoE and give it yet another try.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just finished a playthrough of Detroit: Become Human and I have to say that the storytelling is incredible. I managed to keep all of the required characters alive (although it took a few attempts) and be less confrontational towards those who questioned my decisions. I'll be doing another playthrough with a more violent approach.

Edited by iamafox

9 hours ago, iamafox said:

Just finished a playthrough of Detroit: Become Human and I have to say that the storytelling is incredible. I managed to keep all of the required characters alive (although it took a few attempts) and be less confrontational towards those who questioned my decisions. I'll be doing another playthrough with a more violent approach.

Just finished it last night too. 

I got Kara and Alice killed right at the end at the border 

lol Went Deviant with Connor at the end and won the war with Markus

Have reached the hardest boss on God of War. It's the last thing I have to do for the platinum. It's super hard, I'm just getting mullered continuously, even with difficulty knocked down (it's gotten desperate). 

1 hour ago, toddybad said:

Have reached the hardest boss on God of War. It's the last thing I have to do for the platinum. It's super hard, I'm just getting mullered continuously, even with difficulty knocked down (it's gotten desperate). 

Which boss?

4 hours ago, Libertine said:

Just finished it last night too. 

Reveal hidden contents

I got Kara and Alice killed right at the end at the border 

lol Went Deviant with Connor at the end and won the war with Markus

Who did you choose to sacrifice at the border?

10 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Which boss?

Valkerie Queen.

I've got 2/3 of her attacks sorted but keep messing up when she's down to half energy.

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, toddybad said:

Valkerie Queen.

I've got 2/3 of her attacks sorted but keep messing up when she's down to half energy.

Thought so, I was the same. I then spent 5 lives not attacking her and just focusing on each individual attack she does and countered it. Ended up killing her whilst only losing 1/4 of my health. The one that got me was when she jumps in tha air and sends a wave of energy. Didn’t think u cud counter it until I realised Atreus and his arrows is the attack to stop it. After that it was easy.

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy.

Not played Crash since the PS1 days, so thought it would be a breeze and a bit of nostalgia on the way to completing them..

I was wrong, so wrong. If that creepy little head pops up and says game over with his crestinious laugh once more, I'm gonna throw something at it.

Good game though.

21 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy.

Not played Crash since the PS1 days, so thought it would be a breeze and a bit of nostalgia on the way to completing them..

I was wrong, so wrong. If that creepy little head pops up and says game over with his crestinious laugh once more, I'm gonna throw something at it.

Good game though.

Good luck. I gave up on the first one at Slippery Climb.

2 and 3 are easier.

On 22/07/2018 at 10:17, kingcarr21 said:

Thought so, I was the same. I then spent 5 lives not attacking her and just focusing on each individual attack she does and countered it. Ended up killing her whilst only losing 1/4 of my health. The one that got me was when she jumps in tha air and sends a wave of energy. Didn’t think u cud counter it until I realised Atreus and his arrows is the attack to stop it. After that it was easy.

Did it :riyad:

6 hours ago, Choppalcfc said:

nothing to play for me at the moment can anyone recommend anything? i like open world kind of games, but theres nothing out there atm :/

Open world games off the top of my head

Just Cause 3

The Witcher 3

Fallout 4

Skyrim

Horizon Zero Dawn

What console do you play on? I'm sure there are loads of games for you to try.

I am currently playing Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney on the DS. It's not an open world game but it is brilliant.

Recently downloaded the Octopath Traveller Demo on Switch and I'm really enjoying it, so much so that as soon as 3 hours were up I forked out the money for the full game. Not normally a fan of turn based RPG games but they've freshened up what was honestly a pretty dated combat style that makes it much more engaging. Also the fact you can actually play through the story with all 8 characters keeps it interesting as if you're bored with 1 storyline you can just go and do something completely different. I was a bit sceptical of the amount of grinding which would be required, but the combat is so enjoyable it's not a chore at all if you stick the tv on in the background. I'd say it’s the best game I've played on Switch aside from Zelda.

9 minutes ago, The Murkle Man said:

Recently downloaded the Octopath Traveller Demo on Switch and I'm really enjoying it, so much so that as soon as 3 hours were up I forked out the money for the full game. Not normally a fan of turn based RPG games but they've freshened up what was honestly a pretty dated combat style that makes it much more engaging. Also the fact you can actually play through the story with all 8 characters keeps it interesting as if you're bored with 1 storyline you can just go and do something completely different. I was a bit sceptical of the amount of grinding which would be required, but the combat is so enjoyable it's not a chore at all if you stick the tv on in the background. I'd say it’s the best game I've played on Switch aside from Zelda.

I really need a new Switch game, barely played the switch since I brought it. I did start the demo of this but didn't get very far. May give it another go

41 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I really need a new Switch game, barely played the switch since I brought it. I did start the demo of this but didn't get very far. May give it another go

Well worth it IMO. One of the appeals of this game, due to the fact you can recruit and use all 8 classes, you're not suddenly forced into a huge decision before you've even started the game. I started with the thief (still a pretty run of the mill class) and therefore had to fit a particular style of play. However I soon recruited the sand dancer which adds a completely different tactical approach to combat and story situations.Rather than then being stuck with these choices though you can just go and find the warrior and swap him in to the party for someone else.