Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Downloaded The Witcher 3 through Xbox game pass. I'm 54 hours in and at the end of the main story at Kaer Mohren. What a game this has been! The scenery has been class, the gameplay addictive. Can't believe its took me this long to play it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

Downloaded The Witcher 3 through Xbox game pass. I'm 54 hours in and at the end of the main story at Kaer Mohren. What a game this has been! The scenery has been class, the gameplay addictive. Can't believe its took me this long to play it.

I bought it recently too second hand having never played it. I’m near the end now but still have two expansions after. I can see why this and Zelda BOTW are touted as games of the decade. Both are similar but concentrate on different core mechanics really well.

2 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

8 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I bought it recently too second hand having never played it. I’m near the end now but still have two expansions after. I can see why this and Zelda BOTW are touted as games of the decade. Both are similar but concentrate on different core mechanics really well.

My favourite game ever. Platinumed it on the second playthrough with the 2 expansions. If you do want to try and platinum the game you may want to look at a guide regarding the gwent cards.

46 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

My favourite game ever. Platinumed it on the second playthrough with the 2 expansions. If you do want to try and platinum the game you may want to look at a guide regarding the gwent cards.

Got every one already and won the high stakes tourney :D anyway Thefox81 how about a game of Gwent?

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Brenfox said:

Me too. So far I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed. A story with characters I dont care about & overly fiddly combat mechanics. Im happy to be carry on though & see if its worth all the hype.

I'm liking the game so far, don't think it will be GOTY though.

The combat mechanics will take time for me to get used to. Button mashing is just asking for trouble. Constantly switching stances is a right pain when you're surrounded by multiple enemies with different weapons. And parrying is difficult to pull off consistently.

Staggering enemies before finishing them off seems to be the best strategy for me.

Edited by iamafox

On 27/07/2020 at 19:59, Sharpe's Fox said:

One of the best games ever.

Still trying to finish Blood and Wine which is said to a damn fine expansion. Since 2016.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Libertine said:

Signed up to PS Now last week so have been trying a few on there. Playing God of War 3 remastered currently as lots had recommended.

Just to add a controversial thought on this - imo it's better than the new iteration on PS4.  Not that God of War isn't good, it is, but it isn't as good as God of War 3.  

48 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Just to add a controversial thought on this - imo it's better than the new iteration on PS4.  Not that God of War isn't good, it is, but it isn't as good as God of War 3.  

Fair. I'm enjoying it so far for sure. Probably prefer PS4 GOW so far but might feel different if I'd played them in order. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Libertine said:

Fair. I'm enjoying it so far for sure. Probably prefer PS4 GOW so far but might feel different if I'd played them in order. 

In terms of epic encounters, there's no doubt that GOW3 is the superior game.  Hopefully the new iteration of the game will expand on this in the sequel.  We had glimpses of it, the encounter with the dragon for example, but on the whole the boss fights were the biggest disappointment in the game.  I accept the previous games had run their course, in terms of gameplay mechanics, but the new gameplay mechanics need ramping up imo as it was too tactically based.  Once I'd finished it, that was it, but GOW1-3 I could pick up and play again without hesitation.