Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Picked up Ghost of Tshusima for PS4. Really impressed so far. Feels like a Samurai Red Dead in terms of the vast open world you roam on horseback. Storyline is also very good, and enjoy the combat. Would recommend if anyone likes RPG's or Samurai films.

On 04/12/2020 at 10:35, Uncle Monty said:

Picked up Ghost of Tshusima for PS4. Really impressed so far. Feels like a Samurai Red Dead in terms of the vast open world you roam on horseback. Storyline is also very good, and enjoy the combat. Would recommend if anyone likes RPG's or Samurai films.

Played half of it. Got a bit bored to be honest. 

I think Yahtzee summed it up the best for me. 

It is pretty, the music and the atmosphere are good and I did quite like the combat for a while. 

But you're just doing the same thing over and over. It's just an ubisoft game set in Japan. 

If you absolutely love open world games and can never get bored of them then great. But there's nothing ground breaking there. 

The hype it got was ridiculously over the top basically just because if catered exactly to gaming nerds. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Played half of it. Got a bit bored to be honest. 

I think Yahtzee summed it up the best for me. 

It is pretty, the music and the atmosphere are good and I did quite like the combat for a while. 

But you're just doing the same thing over and over. It's just an ubisoft game set in Japan. 

If you absolutely love open world games and can never get bored of them then great. But there's nothing ground breaking there. 

The hype it got was ridiculously over the top basically just because if catered exactly to gaming nerds. 

I didn't know there was much hype, so didn't really have much expectation.

I feel like all RPG's are the same: get the thing, kill the thing, sneaky the thing. So I get were you coming from, there's nothing ground breaking or new here.

I'm on act three, not sure how much is left, but it has held my attention more than Red Dead did for example. 

I like Samurai/kung fu films so maybe I'm biased. 

Interested to see what Cyberpunk will be like. I can't help thinking it will be more of the same.. get the thing/kill the thing. 

Completed the tower knight boss in Demon's Souls on my first attempt.  Three bosses down, all on first attempt.  No problems.

Currently in the Tower of Latria, thought I would smash most stuff that moves but am finding it tough to say the least.  The lack of space doesn't help.  So atmospheric though, really draws you in.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a game called 'House Flipper' from Steam earlier in the week and it's been a right laugh. You basically start as a budding property developer with no experience and do smaller jobs for other people to learn tasks and trades (such as tiling, painting and plastering), before you make enough money to buy your own property and sell it for a profit. It's basically like The Sims combined with Homes Under The Hammer, I'm loving itlol All of the houses you buy have either been damaged by flooding, fire or abandoned, with them being full of dirt, rubbish and cockroaches.

Here's a video if anyone was wondering what it's like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Bought a game called 'House Flipper' from Steam earlier in the week and it's been a right laugh. You basically start as a budding property developer with no experience and do smaller jobs for other people to learn tasks and trades (such as tiling, painting and plastering), before you make enough money to buy your own property and sell it for a profit. It's basically like The Sims combined with Homes Under The Hammer, I'm loving itlol All of the houses you buy have either been damaged by flooding, fire or abandoned, with them being full of dirt, rubbish and cockroaches.

Yeah, it’s quite addictive for some unfathomable reason!!

Its also on PS4 for those intereted

Edited by Dahnsouff

Finally finished The Wither 3 over the weekend. What a fantastic, superb, brilliant game! Loved every part of it. Does make me wonder how CDPR have made such a hash of Cyberpunk.

Getting my monies worth out of gamepass now, been on Forza Horizon 4 A LOT since i upgraded to the Series X, it juts looks stunning. Also downloaded NHL 20 as it appears to be free on EA play now

Still on Rocket League but play almost entirely ranked Snow Day lately. I was so close to Platinum I then had a ridiculous streak of getting matched up with AFKers, and the type of "teammates" who quit at 1-0 down or start playing for the opposite team if they miss a shot/save to pretend that they were never trying. Infuriating

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/12/2020 at 19:36, Finnegan said:

Wtf the KFConsole is real lol lol lol

I don't even know how to react to this 

What even is life 

I mean, it's ridiculous, but it's not really a console is it? It'll just be a oddly shaped PC tower with a mildly warm glove-box. They'll probably make a limited run of 100 or so that sell for £1,000 and that'll be the end of it. However if it turns out it has its own infrastructure, controller and exclusive games then fair play lol

On 14/12/2020 at 00:51, Leicester_Loyal said:

this game seems quite appealing actually. Might give it a whirl!

Just had an urge to play a COD game. My bro-in-law gave me some and I think I've bought some previously at some point, so have a few discs.

Is Infinity Warfare a bad shout?

I am horrifically bad at these so it will be short lived; but fancied something different (PS4)

I actually have gamepass also and a swanky new PC, so I could do HALO 5. Is that a better idea?

Actually; tangent here. I've never played any of Halo (I know, I know). Honestly in 2020, where should I start with it now?

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Tell me more about it? I also have £10 voucher so £12 is the price.

The blend seems bizarre? I assumed Factorio, but then it says... with exploration??

its like factorio without the tower defence, there are creatures that attack but they are in the wilderness, you automate production of various things to send aways to space for "project assembly" whatever that is. i never got on with factorio, was way to complex and hardcore for me, this is a lot more chill. still early days for me but im having fun making things more efficient  and streamlined, researching the various items i find to unlock more recipes and machines etc. its sounds boring but everyone i turned on to it loves it. very addictive. still early access too so loads more to come, but dont let that put you off, its very solid and stable in its current format with lots implemented

On 14/12/2020 at 00:51, Leicester_Loyal said:

Thanks for the recommendation! Bought it earlier as I've been absolute stink at Rocket League the last couple of days and needed something completely undemanding, House Flipper is just the ticket! Been on it all evening, really satisfying in such an odd way. Can't wait to get back on it tomorrow

• Like 1