Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

restarted death stranding today, after leaving it a while, still havent completed it , playing on very hard now and its definitely better i feel, much more of a sense of risk , still undecided if im going ot leave the online stuff on. i never liked seeing signes, ladders and behiles appear when you connect a city, as well as the ground deteriotation from others, rocky areas becoming clear suddenly because you pressed a button. i left it on for now because thats what kojima intended but im still not entirely sold on it as a mechanic. brilliant game though, restarting it allowed me to enjoy those opening ccutscenes again, and this time im taking a slower approach to tidy up each area before moving on to the next. plus i ignored loads of side stuff last time

Picked up a PS4 pro cheap now everyone is starting to sell as been itching to play the mafia 1 remaster !

Never played the original version but to those wondering, the notorious race mission is certainly still painstakingly difficult to win on simulation driving setting, took me about 40 attempts 🤣. Just be sure to use 'x' as a bit of a aid to straighten out round corners (it's the ram button but it serves to course correct a bit). 

So far well worth the buy. I got the collection with 2 and 3 included. I love driving around in a 1930s world, like that aesthetic and it's possibly the closest you can get to exploring a world like that. Graphics are nice too. A nice story game in a market mostly dominated by multiplayer. 

21 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Back on the ol' Rocket League, forgot how much fun it is in short bursts and long sessions

I've only recently started playing it. It's great fun, especially with a couple of mates.

Lack of crossplay voice chat support is horseshit though. Wish the console devs would sort themselves out, they allow it on shit like CoD but not this?

8 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I've only recently started playing it. It's great fun, especially with a couple of mates.

Lack of crossplay voice chat support is horseshit though. Wish the console devs would sort themselves out, they allow it on shit like CoD but not this?

Edit: I just wrote some bullshit

Didn't realise PS4 and Xbox players could cross-play Rocket League. If they're not allowing chat, it may be that it's harder for Sony or Microsoft to police potential complaints against players on another platform - and maybe that's seen as less of an issue on COD as it has a higher certification, whereas Rocket League is suitable for all ages

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/09/2020 at 22:45, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Finally got the Got There achievement for THPS1+2, my god that was a great sense of accomplishment

Going for this is kicking my arse at the moment. I can't really seem to get close to Bullring or Roswell (mainly because I can't reliably land the High Deck gap), and I find the Venice one infuriating as the Ramp 2 Roof gap doesn't seem to trigger half the time when it should. I think they are the only ones I have left though. Must've spent about 5 hours on School II lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Going for this is kicking my arse at the moment. I can't really seem to get close to Bullring or Roswell (mainly because I can't reliably land the High Deck gap), and I find the Venice one infuriating as the Ramp 2 Roof gap doesn't seem to trigger half the time when it should. I think they are the only ones I have left though. Must've spent about 5 hours on School II lol

School II buggered me at the lost Roll Call rail about 3 times before I did it, and yeah it took me about 5 hours! Roswell (for the High Deck) and Bullring were the hardest. There's a bit of a knack to the Ramp 2 Roof gap on Venice, but once you've done it a few times you'll learn where to launch from and what angle. It's that last manual though, because you have to land the first table without missing any of it, the manual isn't quite straight (and you've got to watch the balance meter), and if you're going to slow you won't make the end, and if you're going too fast you overshoot the first table! Nightmare

• Like 1

On 17/11/2020 at 19:56, Jaspa said:

Wouldn't bother with the new CoD. Maybe they'll flesh it out into a decent game over the next two months but right now it's so bad.

Treyarch just get worse and worse imo. 

Ive not bothered with Cold War as all im playing with Modern Warfare is Warzone anyway.

Ive got a few friends who all agree that its ok but the lack of maps is poor

54 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Ive not bothered with Cold War as all im playing with Modern Warfare is Warzone anyway.

Ive got a few friends who all agree that its ok but the lack of maps is poor

To be fair the update on Friday evening has improved it alot just by boosting the speed by what feels 300%.

Maps are crap though and the guns feel awful, shotguns especially. MW is a high bar for me, the first CoD I gave a proper go since MW3.

Not bad for a fiver :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Demons Souls on PS5.  Audio is outstanding, the best immersion for sound in game I can think of.  Brutal.  Graphically it's also outstanding.  

It's not "too" hard either, perseverance is key.

Do you have a surround sound setup? Just asking, cos I know the PS5 doesn't have the optical out that I use on my PS4 to plug into my surround sound receiver.

I think I can get a hdmi-optical splitter, has one ever used one? Do they work just as well? 

It will put me off getting a PS5 if it will require upgrading my TV or audio too. As it stands, I'm waiting on that must have game that will force me to get a new console. Still plenty of PS4 games I want to get round to.

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Do you have a surround sound setup? Just asking, cos I know the PS5 doesn't have the optical out that I use on my PS4 to plug into my surround sound receiver.

I think I can get a hdmi-optical splitter, has one ever used one? Do they work just as well? 

It will put me off getting a PS5 if it will require upgrading my TV or audio too. As it stands, I'm waiting on that must have game that will force me to get a new console. Still plenty of PS4 games I want to get round to.

Not a surround sound setup as in speakers around the room.  But I invested in a really decent pair of headphones that will do 7.1 surround sound on a laptop/PC and 5.1 over the headphone jack.  Plug into the PS5 controller and away you go.

Is Demons Souls a must have game?  Mmmmm, depends on taste I guess, but it's reviewing strongest out of any of the release titles for a reason.  Up close and personal is how I'd describe some of the encounters.  It's hard to describe, you have to try it to believe it, the controller itself also adds to the immersion.  It's superb.  And the 4k graphics are amazing on this game.  The initial tunnel where you start and the water effects with the vegetation in the water, incredible.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

True, I don't know how they got the rights to work on the COD franchise in the first place. I know the general sentiment is that COD is just a stale franchise for angry 10 year olds at this point, but IW put a lot of effort into building the series up and moving console FPS mechanics forward. Treyarch are always about 4 years behind IW, way worse quality control/sound/mechanics, "but zombies!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...