Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

On 20/02/2021 at 04:09, leicsmac said:

Late to the game but going through Dragon Age Inquisition.

Blackwall is the Ndidi of melee characters - a dependable, unstoppable, indestructible engine. Just killed a dragon about three levels higher than I am now and it didn't even get past his armour.

My favourite Dragon Age game, It's superb. Does go on for a long long time though 

4 hours ago, Trumpet said:

I’d been reading nothing but good things about Valheim, so jumped in this morning. Enjoyed it, spent 2 hours chopping logs and building a house.

How you finding it? I’m on annual leave all week (thank fcuk COVID is killing me) and this looks my type of game. What’s the combat like? Also is it more like an RPG or more of a strategy game? 

30 minutes ago, casablancas said:

How you finding it? I’m on annual leave all week (thank fcuk COVID is killing me) and this looks my type of game. What’s the combat like? Also is it more like an RPG or more of a strategy game? 

The combat is quite simple on the surface (left click attack, right click block, that's basically all you need to know as far as the controls go) but there's a bit of depth to it. Weapons have different damage types to which certain enemies are weak, e.g. if you're fighting skeletons you'll want a blunt weapon like a club, if you're fighting a troll you want piercing weapons like arrows or a spear. You can also parry and riposte Dark Souls style which is pretty satisfying.

There's some RPG aspects to it as you develop your skills through repetition and your character persists with you through different worlds/servers. It's a survival game first and foremost I would say and the emphasis is on exploration, gathering resources, building yourself a home, crafting things to help you gather resources more easily and so on.

I've been playing it with a couple of friends and it's great fun. You could definitely enjoy it as a solo experience and loads of people have been doing so but I think the real magic of it for me is going out exploring with your mates, working together to survive and then seeing what you can knock together with the loot you bring back.

7 minutes ago, Guest said:

The combat is quite simple on the surface (left click attack, right click block, that's basically all you need to know as far as the controls go) but there's a bit of depth to it. Weapons have different damage types to which certain enemies are weak, e.g. if you're fighting skeletons you'll want a blunt weapon like a club, if you're fighting a troll you want piercing weapons like arrows or a spear. You can also parry and riposte Dark Souls style which is pretty satisfying.

There's some RPG aspects to it as you develop your skills through repetition and your character persists with you through different worlds/servers. It's a survival game first and foremost I would say and the emphasis is on exploration, gathering resources, building yourself a home, crafting things to help you gather resources more easily and so on.

I've been playing it with a couple of friends and it's great fun. You could definitely enjoy it as a solo experience and loads of people have been doing so but I think the real magic of it for me is going out exploring with your mates, working together to survive and then seeing what you can knock together with the loot you bring back.

Awesome. Well think I know what my week of will entail and it won’t be decorating lol 

• Haha 1

On 22/02/2021 at 13:01, leicsmac said:

TBH I thought it was lacking something - too much open world, too little main quest.

They could have done so much more with the main baddie.

Agree with this. The fact that it built up to the Mages and Templar war at the end of 2 and that's just a footnote was a real shame. It's big open world nature and power ranking just really destroyed the pacing for me. Was legit 20 hours before it had that feel of Dragon Age to me (which is a brilliantly crafted world).

I do think that the release of games like The Witcher soon after have shown how to keep a decent pace and relevance to the plot despite how many side quests there are. I know some people will disagree with that as they'll have found that game way too long but there's lots of open world games that come out now they are way too big yet I think you can still stay invested in the story.

Think the companions were a really mixed bag too which didn't help. Maybe I'm a little harsh on it as i don't think I've ever been more hyped for a game and I still enjoyed it but it's definitely my least favourite of the 3 (yeah, I actually enjoyed DA2 :o)

On 22/02/2021 at 13:01, leicsmac said:

TBH I thought it was lacking something - too much open world, too little main quest.

They could have done so much more with the main baddie.

Inquisition is the Ubisoft Game of BioWare titles and I do not say that as a compliment. 

I hadn’t played many games in recent years, occasional session on HOI4 aside, as I haven’t had a console since my PS3 packed in about 8 years ago and my PC was built in 2013 and was far from the greatest build even then. However with a new job back in January and money saved from sitting at home for months I built a brand new one for around £850 (which was cheaper than it should be as my mate sold me some high-and second hand parts he upgraded). So I bought a few games bundles on Steam’s winter sale. 

Bought the Mafia Definitive Series for £30, thought the original Mafia remake was excellent fun (minus the pissing track race!), Mafia II was good fun but Mafia 3 was a bit too repetitive in the gameplay (take out street level operations, kill enforcers, kill lieutenants and win operations, kill boss of area and repeat x6) but the story was engaging enough. Would give the whole pack an 8/10.

Got the Resident Evil 2 & 3 remakes for £20. Thought Resident Evil 2 was absolutely fantastic and was the most I’ve enjoyed a game in years, perhaps ever. First playthrough as Leon made me shit myself, second playthrough as Claire was fresh enough to thoroughly enjoy until the end even if it was the same objectives for the most part. Puzzle elements weren’t madly difficult but challenging enough to be satisfying when completed and the scares almost did me in a couple times. Resident Evil 3 was good, not quite as good as RE2 but still a very good game if not a little short without the replayability of the previous game. Decided to get Resident Evil 7 after how much I enjoyed the remakes, and the first person perspective made the atmosphere even worse than the first two lol but it managed to include all the excellent gameplay elements that makes Resident Evil. All three games were a brilliant way to reboot the series, 9.5/10 and I’m looking forward to Village. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I hadn’t played many games in recent years, occasional session on HOI4 aside, as I haven’t had a console since my PS3 packed in about 8 years ago and my PC was built in 2013 and was far from the greatest build even then. However with a new job back in January and money saved from sitting at home for months I built a brand new one for around £850 (which was cheaper than it should be as my mate sold me some high-and second hand parts he upgraded). So I bought a few games bundles on Steam’s winter sale. 

Bought the Mafia Definitive Series for £30, thought the original Mafia remake was excellent fun (minus the pissing track race!), Mafia II was good fun but Mafia 3 was a bit too repetitive in the gameplay (take out street level operations, kill enforcers, kill lieutenants and win operations, kill boss of area and repeat x6) but the story was engaging enough. Would give the whole pack an 8/10.

Got the Resident Evil 2 & 3 remakes for £20. Thought Resident Evil 2 was absolutely fantastic and was the most I’ve enjoyed a game in years, perhaps ever. First playthrough as Leon made me shit myself, second playthrough as Claire was fresh enough to thoroughly enjoy until the end even if it was the same objectives for the most part. Puzzle elements weren’t madly difficult but challenging enough to be satisfying when completed and the scares almost did me in a couple times. Resident Evil 3 was good, not quite as good as RE2 but still a very good game if not a little short without the replayability of the previous game. Decided to get Resident Evil 7 after how much I enjoyed the remakes, and the first person perspective made the atmosphere even worse than the first two lol but it managed to include all the excellent gameplay elements that makes Resident Evil. All three games were a brilliant way to reboot the series, 9.5/10 and I’m looking forward to Village. 

Resident evil 7 is one of my favourite games. absolutely brilliant

• Like 2

Yes, RE7 is a class game.  Village fingers crossed will be just as good if not better.  The demo, if you can call it that, was very atmospheric, superb through headphones.

We need another Silent Hill, Dead Space or Alien Isolation game imo.  Survival horror at its finest.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes, RE7 is a class game.  Village fingers crossed will be just as good if not better.  The demo, if you can call it that, was very atmospheric, superb through headphones.

We need another Silent Hill, Dead Space or Alien Isolation game imo.  Survival horror at its finest.

Silent Hill looks dead in the water at the moment sadly, given the Kajima Silent Hill project (that became Death Stranding) got plugged and now Konami seemed concerned about pachinko gambling machines, although you’d hope given now Resident Evil’s reboots have proved successful there may be hope on the horizon yet: 

10 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

9 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Silent Hill looks dead in the water at the moment sadly, given the Kajima Silent Hill project (that became Death Stranding) got plugged and now Konami seemed concerned about pachinko gambling machines, although you’d hope given now Resident Evil’s reboots have proved successful there may be hope on the horizon yet: 

Konami have released t he rights to the game, its gonna get made and the rumour mill is churning out that kojima might have picked it up

* more accurately, konami have licenced it to another dev to make a game

thread 

Article
https://www.inverse.com/gaming/silent-hill-ps5-hideo-kojima-reboot-release-hills

all rumour mill right now, but we can hope. 

Edited by Beliall
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I did 0 and both revelations recently.  Revelations 1 is top class.

I have only ever really played 3 (original - one of the first video games I ever actually played), 4, 5 and some of 7, but I have really enjoyed watching videos on some of the other games, the animated films and stuff about the RE universe etc. so want to play as many of the games as possible before Village comes out

I played the demo and even with how short it is I loved the atmosphere it gives off, looking forward to the next demo as well which is meant to have some gun play in it

Edited by moore_94

I've been playing control on my base ps4. I find getting from one area to another often quite tricky, simply not knowing where a certain area is, can get quite discombobulating with the building changing a lot. It runs like garbage which is my main problem, more than one enemy on the screen and its ripping and running at what seems like single digit frames, really takes you out the experience because otherwise I'm really enjoying it, reminds me a bit of alan wake, which I consider a compliment.