Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

lol I find myself constantly looking for material to survive, I managed to get the spacecraft fixed and in the air landed on some other planet and that was about as far as I got...way to much grinding it has potential as well but not with the current style of play, i've gave up with gaming all together.

You're luckier than I was.

I wouldn't mind the grind, heck there's even cheat engine to spare yo the trouble. But the way you're you're introduced to the game and the amount of info dumped on you in the most counter-intuitive manner, combined with one of the worst UI I've ever seen, simply made me snap and ditch the game (once again). I don't care how much better this game became since its infamous launch, its intro is one of the worst I've ever experienced. Big fan of space 'sims/arcade' since X-Wings and I've played quite a bunch of them, but I'll simply wait for Everspace 2 instead of giving this one a fourth chance.

22 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

You're luckier than I was.

I wouldn't mind the grind, heck there's even cheat engine to spare yo the trouble. But the way you're you're introduced to the game and the amount of info dumped on you in the most counter-intuitive manner, combined with one of the worst UI I've ever seen, simply made me snap and ditch the game (once again). I don't care how much better this game became since its infamous launch, its intro is one of the worst I've ever experienced. Big fan of space 'sims/arcade' since X-Wings and I've played quite a bunch of them, but I'll simply wait for Everspace 2 instead of giving this one a fourth chance.

look for glowing yellow flowers - recharge protection wit hit 
mine any rocks to repair your shit, 
run to the space ship and hide inside it when theres a storm. its a ball ache but the game is good 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beliall said:

look for glowing yellow flowers - recharge protection wit hit 
mine any rocks to repair your shit, 
run to the space ship and hide inside it when theres a storm. its a ball ache but the game is good 

Thanks a bunch for the heads-up. I'll try it... in one year or so. 

I'm on Project Wingman now. Great game for Ace Combat fans.

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Ended up back on Old School Runescape, been playing this game on and off for 16 years now, God knows howlol

I got perma-banned from that in 2001 on my first go (I was 15 and on work experience) for complimenting another players' breasts. Still bitter about it

• Haha 3

Still ploughing through the Witcher 3. Cant put it down. I don't think i really appreciated just how well made it was when it first came out. All these years later and it just runs so well. I've found next to no bugs or glitches, which i remember on my first play through i found none then. Really enjoying the game. I just find myself wandering to each question mark location and trying to clear the map. Oh and playing Gwent is a great time killer. Doing quite well in it. Just need to build up my other decks.

Still only level 18 so plenty still to do. Also got the expansions to do which i never played first time round. Its been so long since playing that it feels like im playing a new game doing Velen, Novigrad and Skellige so cant wait to be high enough level to tackle the DLC.

• Like 3

Not playing yet (still got a lot of Yakuzaing to do) but I just picked up Resident Evil 0, 1 , 2 remake, 3 remake, 4, 5 and 6 all for less than the cost of a new game.  I'm particularly chuffed about the remakes but since my last dip into the Resi universe was my Wii copy of 4 there's a lot of new-to-me content to get through here.  Going to pick up where I left off so to speak with 5 then take it from there.

Btw if anyone wants in on this deal you have until 6pm GMT before the steam sale expires so you'd better get a shift on.

Edited by Carl the Llama

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Not playing yet (still got a lot of Yakuzaing to do) but I just picked up Resident Evil 0, 1 , 2 remake, 3 remake, 4, 5 and 6 all for less than the cost of a new game.  I'm particularly chuffed about the remakes but since my last dip into the Resi universe was my Wii copy of 4 there's a lot of new-to-me content to get through here.  Going to pick up where I left off so to speak with 5 then take it from there.

Btw if anyone wants in on this deal you have until 6pm GMT before the steam sale expires so you'd better get a shift on.

Ahh dammit if only I had seen this about 20 minutes ago! How much were you able to get them all for?

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ahh dammit if only I had seen this about 20 minutes ago! How much were you able to get them all for?

Just under £44, a hell of a deal.  At full steam price they all come to a few pence shy of £166... it's basically 75% off the whole lot.

51 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Just under £44, a hell of a deal.  At full steam price they all come to a few pence shy of £166... it's basically 75% off the whole lot.

Ahh damn! Really annoyed I missed out on that

Gonna stick them all on my wishlist and hope they all go on sale again

Got until May 7 to finish as many as possible before RE8 comes out haha

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ahh damn! Really annoyed I missed out on that

Gonna stick them all on my wishlist and hope they all go on sale again

Got until May 7 to finish as many as possible before RE8 comes out haha

keep an eye on cd keys and green man gaming. 

• Like 1

RE zero surprised me at how good it was.  Some of the enemies are a little uninspiring but the story and the atmosphere are decent.  Especially on the train at the start.

I need to get RE2 and 3 myself before 8.  The demo on 8 which gives a small glimpse of what is to come reminds me a lot of 4, which can only be a good thing.  The atmosphere on the demo is superb.

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

RE zero surprised me at how good it was.  Some of the enemies are a little uninspiring but the story and the atmosphere are decent.  Especially on the train at the start.

I need to get RE2 and 3 myself before 8.  The demo on 8 which gives a small glimpse of what is to come reminds me a lot of 4, which can only be a good thing.  The atmosphere on the demo is superb.

I've deliberately not delved much but it's called Village and the only character name I've seen was distinctly Romanian so I'm assuming the link to 4 is a given.

• Like 2

On 16/01/2021 at 20:19, Carl the Llama said:

Picked up Yakuza 0 for pennies in the winter sale so I'm getting into that now, from what I've gathered so far it's a game about fighting the mob until you've earned enough money to build the best remote-controlled race car. 

I had tons of gun with that one. In fact so much that I bought of all of the other Yakuza games. A blessing that the series came to PC.

The city is alive, plenty to do when you need a break from the main story and the OST is phenomenal.

I must have sunk 130 hours in Y0 and pretty sure that at least 50 of them were spent in the cabaret minigame, lol.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back on Skyrim after spotting Legendary Edish on the Xbox Game pass.

The mod capability is a gamechanger IMO. Although character models and animations have aged, the game can still look incredible for a decade-old release. 

Adding survival elements has completely changed the gameplay for the good (why the devs didn't include the option in the original was a bit of an oversight IMO).

Constantly needing to be stocked up on supplies, provisions and camping equipment for trips to the snowy areas or risk freezing to death - or making a beeline to a nearby cave to seek shelter adds another layer of gameplay. 

I'll never tire of this game, man. 

On 05/02/2021 at 12:46, RoboFox said:

Back on Skyrim after spotting Legendary Edish on the Xbox Game pass.

The mod capability is a gamechanger IMO. Although character models and animations have aged, the game can still look incredible for a decade-old release. 

Adding survival elements has completely changed the gameplay for the good (why the devs didn't include the option in the original was a bit of an oversight IMO).

Constantly needing to be stocked up on supplies, provisions and camping equipment for trips to the snowy areas or risk freezing to death - or making a beeline to a nearby cave to seek shelter adds another layer of gameplay. 

I'll never tire of this game, man. 

I’ve just started this again on pc after roughly 9 years of not touching it. What mods would you recommend?

• 2 weeks later...

Binged a bunch of the Resi titles over the past couple of weeks.  Now I guess I'm craving something a bit softer to balance out the gore because I've been on a solid pokemon binge the last few days.  The expansion content makes it really easy to catch legends and min-max your mons now (well more like max-max, if you need one with lowest possible IVs in a stat for whatever reason you still have to do a ton of catching and breeding as far as I can tell) so I'm seeing how far I can get in the ranked battles. It's interesting how the meta seems to change with each tier, you figure out a hard counter for the prevailing sweeper in one then at the next level someone has the hard counter to your hard counter so you go back to spending a few hours gathering resources to build a hard counter to that one, rinse and repeat lol 

• Like 1