Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Picked up Watchdogs 2 since it's free on the Epic store, played it the last couple nights to tide me over until I can get my Mafia Definitive Edition on.  Took me a while to get the hang of the gadgets and sneak/combat mechanics - and I'm still not all that fond of the driving - but once things click this is a really fun game to kill time with.  Graphically gorgeous too.

On 21/09/2020 at 16:46, Carl the Llama said:

Picked up the 2018 Call of Cthulhu on bundle last month, just getting started on it today.  Any fans on here?

Take that as a no lol Didn't take long to get through and the storyline was a bit disjointed but it had it's moments (like being chased around an art gallery by a shambling monstrosity), all in all I wouldn't recommend it unless you're really into Lovecraftian stuff but even then I'd say to only get it on sale because a lot of the gameplay elements are very lacklustre (ie. shallow 'choices' and it has a strange shooting mechanic which doesn't use a crosshair and is based on a secret dice roll and you only get it for 2 scenes at the very end anyway).

9 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I just finished The Witcher 3 for the first time, including both expansion packs. I did every quest I could find, played every game of gwent and cleared every point of interest. Man, what a great game with great stories and characters. I think I’ll go back to platformers now :D

I'm back at Kaer Morhen on the main story doing the three quests there now.  How much further to complete?

I then have the expansions to do.  

Can see myself continuing this on PS5.

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'm back at Kaer Morhen on the main story doing the three quests there now.  How much further to complete?

I then have the expansions to do.  

Can see myself continuing this on PS5.

In the main game you have about 5 hours left if you just do the story. If you do the expansions and, again, concentrate on the main quests you have about 25.

• Like 1

On 25/09/2020 at 22:45, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Finally got the Got There achievement for THPS1+2, my god that was a great sense of accomplishment

Seems like this game comes with your highest recommendations then? I am always loathe to pay anything near to a full price for any game, particularly a remaster, but as a massive fan of the originals, is this one worthwhile?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Seems like this game comes with your highest recommendations then? I am always loathe to pay anything near to a full price for any game, particularly a remaster, but as a massive fan of the originals, is this one worthwhile?

Can't recommend it enough, especially if you enjoyed the originals. These are remakes btw not remasters - and the amount of effort put into the package is insane.

Once you're done with the levels traditional goals, the amount of challenges to unlock the videos, boards, secrets, clothes etc is astounding and gives the game so much more replayability. It's also great that they've respected that some will be new players, and some will be 20+ year experienced die hards - there are over 700 challenges and a fair few of them have taken me 5+ hours of game time to beat... And they're not even the hardest ones! I played the hell out of the originals but didn't play any after American Wasteland, so I'm good but not one of the absolute experts

Then of course there's online and splitscreen multiplayer, and the create a parks, which is far more in-depth than the series has offered previously. Outrageous value under £40. It's the first game in years that I genuinely look forward to playing to next when I've switched it off

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Libertine said:

Played it for a little bit before it left PS Now. Some really cool aspects to it but couldn't fully get into it to be bothered to complete it.

This is what I mean by weird. 

Not the content but how it's all put together. I can't quite explain why but it just feels so empty and shallow, everything is trying to be so mysterious that it ends up meaning nothing and coming across really pointless. 

It's got that pretentiousness as if it was written by some student, stoner Rick and Morty fan that thinks that copy and pasting chunks of physics and philosophy Wikipedia pages makes you complex. 

I just can't bond with it, something about it feels very off. 

• Haha 1

On 03/10/2020 at 13:00, Carl the Llama said:

Fall guys has improved hugely with the variance in levels and actual cheat protection.

Yeah loving Fall Guys atm. 

Also started playing Genshin Impact, free on the PS4. Has shades of BOTW about it but different in it's own way.

Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn this weekend, I played it for abit when it first got released but I most likely started playing something else and then never touched it again

Hoping I can manage to stick to it and complete the Main Story and the DLC before the PS5 comes out

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn this weekend, I played it for abit when it first got released but I most likely started playing something else and then never touched it again

Hoping I can manage to stick to it and complete the Main Story and the DLC before the PS5 comes out

You'll need around 75 hours of game time to platinum it.

I'm nearing the end of the main story on Witcher 3.  As you say, need to have this done by Nov 19th!  Great game.  The demise of Imlerith was superb.

Contemplating getting the ultimate edition of spiderman on release to go with Demon Souls.  Never did get it on PS4.

58 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

You'll need around 75 hours of game time to platinum it.

I'm nearing the end of the main story on Witcher 3.  As you say, need to have this done by Nov 19th!  Great game.  The demise of Imlerith was superb.

Contemplating getting the ultimate edition of spiderman on release to go with Demon Souls.  Never did get it on PS4.

Ah okay, not too bothered about platinuming it, just want to finish the main story so I can go straight into the 2nd one when it eventually comes out

Witcher 3 is just unreal, such a good game, luckily I think Witcher 3 is actually getting an upgrade for PS5 so looking forward to playing through that again

I have Spiderman Ultimate Edition and Cyberpunk pre-ordered, problem is I never completed the first Spiderman game so not too sure whether to play that again and finish it or to just go straight into Miles Morales, although no doubt I will be spending most of my time on Cyberpunk anyway