Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

'A Hard-working Taarabt'.

After watching him against Barnsley, the best way i could describe Mahrez is the title of this thread.

The technical ability of the man is immense, and everytime he picks up a position between their midfield and defence he makes a defence splitting pass.

The man oozes quality, he just has something about him when you watch him.

His touch, positioning, ball retention, goal scoring threat and defensive work are top notch.

The thing about our midfield is, we actually notice the work of james and drinky, and the quality knocky possesses, but we are failing to notice, at least at the minute, the fact that Mahrez is assisting a goal at least every single game, i think we are belittling his performances so far, and are failing to realise that his ball retention and positioning have actually resulted in the team going up an extra level.

After watching him against Barnsley, the best way i could describe Mahrez is the title of this thread.

The technical ability of the man is immense, and everytime he picks up a position between their midfield and defence he makes a defence splitting pass.

The man oozes quality, he just has something about him when you watch him.

His touch, positioning, ball retention, goal scoring threat and defensive work are top notch.

The thing about our midfield is, we actually notice the work of james and drinky, and the quality knocky possesses, but we are failing to notice, at least at the minute, the fact that Mahrez is assisting a goal at least every single game, i think we are belittling his performances so far, and are failing to realise that his ball retention and positioning have actually resulted in the team going up an extra level.

This

but we are failing to notice, at least at the minute, the fact that Mahrez is assisting a goal at least every single game, i think we are belittling his performances so far, and are failing to realise that his ball retention and positioning have actually resulted in the team going up an extra level.

Good job Nigel hasn't failed to notice.

LD's return to fitness gives him a nice problem.

Though I have to say, having not seen Dyer play so well as he has this season, it seems a tad harsh that he'll end up being dropped for Mahrez in the future.

Good job Nigel hasn't failed to notice.

LD's return to fitness gives him a nice problem.

Though I have to say, having not seen Dyer play so well as he has this season, it seems a tad harsh that he'll end up being dropped for Mahrez in the future.

A problem that has seen Moore, Konchesky, King & others looking on from the sidelines as the James, Wasyl & Schlupp have stepped up.

King was performing better, Moore was excellent, Konchesky much improved & obviously Dyer was one of our best players until his last few games when injury may have prevented 100%.

Every player was at least good enough, some excellent but when injury or suspension let the door open for someone else they not only ably filled in but took us to the next level!

A problem that has seen Moore, Konchesky, King & others looking on from the sidelines as the James, Wasyl & Schlupp have stepped up.

King was performing better, Moore was excellent, Konchesky much improved & obviously Dyer was one of our best players until his last few games when injury may have prevented 100%.

Every player was at least good enough, some excellent but when injury or suspension let the door open for someone else they not only ably filled in but took us to the next level!

Exactly this.

Absolutely fantastic performances from the guys who've come in. As an aside I think apes are magnificent creatures this could be our bench today if we go with an unchanged XI:

Logan

Moore

Konchesky

King

Dyer

Wood

Phillips

GTF, Hammond and Miquel certainly haven't let anybody down when they've come in either.

Taarabt is playing pretty well for AC Milan, although they're struggling this season comparing him to Taarabt is a bit soon.

Knocky reminds me more of him than Riyad but I wasn't at Barnsley so I hope I'm wrong.

I'm afraid that Mahrez is in a different league to Lloyd when it comes to technique and ball retention. I think that LD will be back to his former role as an impact sub.

Of course. Mahrez will have better technique and a better footballing brain than Dyer.

Dyers pace scares opposition defences to death, however, Mahrez's technical skills are superior. I think most people agree on this!

The most important thing is that across the entire team there is real competition for places.

Onwards and upwards

Dyers pace scares opposition defences to death, however, Mahrez's technical skills are superior. I think most people agree on this!

The most important thing is that across the entire team there is real competition for places.

Onwards and upwards

....and options to offer different tactics to the opposition.

I like Mahrez but he's not lightning fast and he's very lightweight. Early days yet, but agree his creativity and ball retention is fantastic.

behave, he's been in England about 2 months and played about 5 games! More he plays, the more he adapts the stronger he'll become, physically and mentally

I like Mahrez but he's not lightning fast and he's very lightweight. Early days yet, but agree his creativity and ball retention is fantastic.

behave, he's been in England about 2 months and played about 5 games! More he plays, the more he adapts the stronger he'll become, physically and mentally

It's actually my concern for knocky and Mahrez. They'll get their ankles kicked in the prem and be pretty ineffectual in some games. Knocky has been here some Time now and still seems fairly lightweight....

Behave? If anything he's saying something positive.

Archived