Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

• 21:34

Stoke City are expected to ship out several members of their first-team squad ahead of the transfer deadline, with the likes of Dionatan Teixeira, Andy Wilkinson, Ryan Shotton, Wilson Palacios and Brek Shea all reportedly set for the exit door. However, when quizzed on reported interest in Palacios and Shotton - from Aston Villa and Derby respectively - Mark Hughes insisted at his press conference earlier that he was not aware of any enquiries.

On sky transfer centre</p>

Wouldn't take a single one, our current players are better.

How about a cheeky bid for Will Hughes from Derby. Maybe one for the future, but is a recogonised talent and gives us cover in midfield.

Sub for Derby yesterday.

We can do better IMO. As you rightly say, Hughes is one for the future, now I think he'd get muscled out.

However, I do like the look of Christie (right back) at Derby. I know nothing about him, but he looks very composed, strong and quick.

How about a cheeky bid for Will Hughes from Derby.  Maybe one for the future, but is a recogonised talent and gives us cover in midfield.

Signed a long contract over the summer. Derby have done well, as if he does go now, he'll go for some fee indeed. He won't come here to sit on the bench.

For the money he'd command we could get somebody who could do more than run around a little bit (which I'm not even sure Parker has the legs to do anymore).

he still has the legs he's the only half decent player Fulham have left

he still has the legs he's the only half decent player Fulham have left

That's like picking your favourite member of Al-Qaeda, though.

We shouldn't be going for "the only half decent player Fulham have left," we should be aiming higher. I don't think it's delusional on my part to want better than an over the hill Scott Parker.

SCOTT PARKER?! WILL HUGHES?! JAY SPEARING?!

We're looking to improve the squad, people.

Are you kidding?! You might not like him because he plays for the Sheep but the kid is a class act and would be an excellent signing.

Are you kidding?! You might not like him because he plays for the Sheep but the kid is a class act and would be an excellent signing.

I'm not kidding and I don't let rivarlries cloud whether or not I think a player is any good. There are better midfielders at Derby let alone alone anywhere else.

Can't see us breaking our wage structure so the only way to get someone in is to pay an inflated fee.

Do we need better midfield players? From what I've seen, we need cover in this dept.

Exactly. The four we have are good enough. I think we just need one more as cover. Someone who can do a job, and won't mind waiting for their chance.

One CM, one RB as backup and possibly one more (striker/winger/CAM) should be enough.

Archived