Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

No 'overhaul at Leicester city'

Nigel Pearson to keep 'virtually' the same starting 11 as this season. here i will give a mini breakdown of the squad for all you non-believers and maybe the 1 or 2 'tweaks' he's talking about.

Lets start at the rear.

GK: Kasper Schmeichel: Named in the championship team of the year. nothing more needs to be said about this young chap he will cut it in the premier league.

Defence: De-laet,Wasilewski (moore), Morgan, Schlupp. With the rear Pace is slow in the Centre, with two giant lumps in the CB position. The LB/RB usually pushing up forward and getting shots on goal. Schlupp is quick and good cover and a excellent utility man. We have young Liam Moore attracting alot of attention during January with a host of clubs mainly premier after him lots of potential. Wes Morgan also was in the championship Team of the season. seek to improve the LB if Liam Moore is able to develop and handle the premier league.

Midfield: Knockaert, James, Drinkwater, Mahrez. Probably Leicester strongest area is its midfield,Drinkwater getting the championships best midfielder, the pace skill and technical ability of the two frenchmen is outstanding cant wait to see these two next season. The midfield will be the area where he less 'tweaks'.

Strikers: Nugent,Vardy. These two have scored overwhelming goals this season, mainly down to Vardys pace and Nugents link up play. Vardys in play goals have been outstanding and caused Defence troubles all season. Nugent has been in this league before and didn't fair to well weather he is yet to be of area of interest to develop is yet to be seen.

Conclusion: i think the 'tweaks' the Nigel Pearson talks about will be a defender maybe two and a striker who will score goals next season.

This is all my opinion so bring on the onslaught!

Don't think anything he's said there that suggests we aren't going to make signings and are going to play the same XI as the Championship every week. We currently use a squad of 21 senior players and we can name 25 for the Premier League. Can't remember off the top of my head if Schlupp and Moore will need to be registered. Phillips will retire and it's debatable whether we will retain Hammond and GTF. I think we will, so let's say we have 20 players. Pearson says there he's looking for players with Premier League experience or outstanding talents, so it suggests to me he's looking at 4-6 new additions who can go straight in if needed. Which is exactly what I thought before I read that article.

I bet we sign at least 6 new players, AT LEAST.

He's said he's looking to bring in genuine quality who have played in the PL or the top leagues in the world. He's alluded to the fact he knows he needs to strengthen a fair amount. Don't be fooled.

I bet we sign at least 6 new players, AT LEAST.

He's said he's looking to bring in genuine quality who have played in the PL or the top leagues in the world. He's alluded to the fact he knows he needs to strengthen a fair amount. Don't be fooled.

The best thing is much as the two ends of the argument (those who just want to rock up with the same team and expect to do ok, and those who think we're shit and need overhauling) bug me, it's SO comforting having 100% faith that Pearson knows exactly what the **** he's doing.

The best thing is much as the two ends of the argument (those who just want to rock up with the same team and expect to do ok, and those who think we're shit and need overhauling) bug me, it's SO comforting having 100% faith that Pearson knows exactly what the **** he's doing.

Agreed

Good. These players got us up, they deserve a chance at least. Yeah some of them might not be good enough, and there is no doubt we will need a few new signings but keeping the same squad, the same unity and togetherness is key for Nige. That's showed this year.

He is basically saying we aren't going to overhaul our starting 11 and that makes perfect sense because as you have seen from sides promoted who do make major overhauls from their team that won the league/ promotion it can have a detrimental effect .I expect us to sign 4 players that will challenge the first team ST, LW, CB and CM.

And we may sign 1-2 squad players so in total 6 players.

He is basically saying we aren't going to overhaul our starting 11 and that makes perfect sense because as you have seen from sides promoted who do make major overhauls from their team that won the league/ promotion it can have a detrimental effect .I expect us to sign 4 players that will challenge the first team ST, LW, CB and CM.

This, I'd imagine there'll be a few decent back-ups to replace the likes of GTF and Hammond if they're released and a couple of out of contract players or from relegated clubs coming in, most likely some more experienced heads in the Prem.

Don't think anything he's said there that suggests we aren't going to make signings and are going to play the same XI as the Championship every week. We currently use a squad of 21 senior players and we can name 25 for the Premier League. Can't remember off the top of my head if Schlupp and Moore will need to be registered. Phillips will retire and it's debatable whether we will retain Hammond and GTF. I think we will, so let's say we have 20 players. Pearson says there he's looking for players with Premier League experience or outstanding talents, so it suggests to me he's looking at 4-6 new additions who can go straight in if needed. Which is exactly what I thought before I read that article.

Yes, I have  also thought this.  :thumbup:

I don't think that is what he is saying actually. He is retaining the nucleus of the squad, but some of the new arrivals will be in the starting line ups.

We must have a couple of canny and experienced players, who will be seen as regular choices. Certainly this season, where we have to survive, and try and build on establishing ourselves in the Premiership.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9287990/transfer-news-nigel-pearson-says-there-will-be-no-overhaul-at-leicester?

Nigel Pearson to keep 'virtually' the same starting 11 as this season. here i will give a mini breakdown of the squad for all you non-believers and maybe the 1 or 2 'tweaks' he's talking about.

Lets start at the rear.

GK: Kasper Schmeichel: Named in the championship team of the year. nothing more needs to be said about this young chap he will cut it in the premier league.

Defence: De-laet,Wasilewski (moore), Morgan, Schlupp. With the rear Pace is slow in the Centre, with two giant lumps in the CB position. The LB/RB usually pushing up forward and getting shots on goal. Schlupp is quick and good cover and a excellent utility man. We have young Liam Moore attracting alot of attention during January with a host of clubs mainly premier after him lots of potential. Wes Morgan also was in the championship Team of the season. seek to improve the LB if Liam Moore is able to develop and handle the premier league.

Midfield: Knockaert, James, Drinkwater, Mahrez. Probably Leicester strongest area is its midfield,Drinkwater getting the championships best midfielder, the pace skill and technical ability of the two frenchmen is outstanding cant wait to see these two next season. The midfield will be the area where he less 'tweaks'.

Strikers: Nugent,Vardy. These two have scored overwhelming goals this season, mainly down to Vardys pace and Nugents link up play. Vardys in play goals have been outstanding and caused Defence troubles all season. Nugent has been in this league before and didn't fair to well weather he is yet to be of area of interest to develop is yet to be seen.

Conclusion: i think the 'tweaks' the Nigel Pearson talks about will be a defender maybe two and a striker who will score goals next season.

This is all my opinion so bring on the onslaught!

Think your right, the two Frenchmen as you put it will take the premiership by storm, and drinkwater and James pulling the strings, as they will have a little more time on the ball in the top flight.

Defence needs a premier league experienced defender bringing in, and a more clinical striker bringing in, as chances will be harder to come by next year.

Overall you give a fair assessment, and acknowledge certain areas need strengthening, so no onslaught to bring.

Think your right, the two Frenchmen as you put it will take the premiership by storm, and drinkwater and James pulling the strings, as they will have a little more time on the ball in the top flight.

Defence needs a premier league experienced defender bringing in, and a more clinical striker bringing in, as chances will be harder to come by next year.

Overall you give a fair assessment, and acknowledge certain areas need strengthening, so no onslaught to bring.

Jesus wept.

He will buy hes not daft and whatever anyone thinks our squad will not keep us up as it is.

Yes I am sure 15 or so players that have took us up will get a chance injuries and suspensions will make sure of that.

If his plan is just to use the players that took us up I don't think he will be here Top and co will not risk top flight football for loyalty.

But lets be honest he ain't gonna show players his hand at this point in time he needs to get new players in.

If he sticks to his players that took us up thing he may find it hard to bring players in.

He will buy hes not daft and whatever anyone thinks our squad will not keep us up as it is.

Yes I am sure 15 or so players that have took us up will get a chance injuries and suspensions will make sure of that.

If his plan is just to use the players that took us up I don't think he will be here Top and co will not risk top flight football for loyalty.

But lets be honest he ain't gonna show players his hand at this point in time he needs to get new players in.

If he sticks to his players that took us up thing he may find it hard to bring players in.

Hmm! There could be an element of truth in what you say.

Anyone who thinks we will see the same regular line ups we have had this season, will be in for a bit of a shock, methinks.

If you look at what Cardiff did, they overhauled their central defense (Caulker), central midfield (Medel), and strikers (Gunnarson, Odemwingie) .  Medel and Caulker worked out, others did not.  In many places where they kept players they weren't PL quality, like Cowie, Campbell, even arguably Bellamy.    They made too many changes and kept too many Championship caliber players starting, then they pretty much lost the plot and flip flopped through the year, with no consistency, as they tried to make it work.  Its no wonder their year turned into a shambles.

I would rather see Leicester do this:

• Identify a core squad who are clearly very good bets to step up
  • Cultivate the promising ones who should be able to step up, but might still be a little untested or risky 
  • Jettison the very few who aren't really PL quality,
  • Add judiciously with a strategy of bringing players in when the ones they thought would step up don't prove to do as well as they thought (or someone get injured).  
  • Add experience, but not at the expense of blowing up the squad with big name high wage players

This would argue for signing mostly promising players who are not high cost big names, to give them the flexibility to tweak what isn't working without blowing up their squad.  I also think this would suit Pearson's management style.

Jesus wept.[/quote)

The pace is different in the premier league, more time and less physical, technique will show rather than the hussle and bussel of the championship.

The lower end sides may differ slightly, but as a whole, there is more time on the ball.

If you look at what Cardiff did, they overhauled their central defense (Caulker), central midfield (Medel), and strikers (Gunnarson, Odemwingie) .  Medel and Caulker worked out, others did not.  In many places where they kept players they weren't PL quality, like Cowie, Campbell, even arguably Bellamy.    They made too many changes and kept too many Championship caliber players starting, then they pretty much lost the plot and flip flopped through the year, with no consistency, as they tried to make it work.  Its no wonder their year turned into a shambles.

I would rather see Leicester do this:

• Identify a core squad who are clearly very good bets to step up
  • Cultivate the promising ones who should be able to step up, but might still be a little untested or risky 
  • Jettison the very few who aren't really PL quality,
  • Add judiciously with a strategy of bringing players in when the ones they thought would step up don't prove to do as well as they thought (or someone get injured).  
  • Add experience, but not at the expense of blowing up the squad with big name high wage players

This would argue for signing mostly promising players who are not high cost big names, to give them the flexibility to tweak what isn't working without blowing up their squad.  I also think this would suit Pearson's management style.

I'm not looking at an overhaul I'm talking 3/4 first teamers and praps 2 up n coming add ons to the squad.

That will still leave us with a small squad and manageable to keep everyone happy.

Some of it will depend on who resigns if kasper and nuge go we may need a little more.

But nige is trying to keep the squad so we won't see a sven job.

Archived