Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Foxestalk Player of the Season 2013/14

Player of the Season 2013/14  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Who's excelled above all others?

• 1. Kasper Schmeichel
    • 2. Ritchie De Laet
    • 3. Paul Konchesky
    • 4. Danny Drinkwater
    • 5. Wes Morgan
    • 7. Dean Hammond
    • 8. Matty James
    • 9. Jamie Vardy
    • 10. Andy King
    • 11. Lloyd Dyer
    • 15. Jeff Schlupp
    • 18. Liam Moore
    • 22. Gary Taylor-Fletcher
    • 23. Ignasi Miquel
    • 24. Anthony Knockaert
    • 26. Riyad Mahrez
    • 27. Marcin Wasilewski
    • 28. Kevin Phillips
    • 35. David Nugent
    • 36. Chris Wood

Poll closes Friday 23rd May  19:00

Check out the spreadsheet link to remind yourselves of who won what?      https://docs.google....drive_web#gid=0
 Player of the month results
August - Vardy
September - Vardy
October - Drinky
November - Drinky
​December - Drinky 

January - Vardy / Knocky

February - Wasyl

March - Schlupp

April - Mahrez

Drinkwater all day. Absolutely pivotal in the team, and by extent our promotion. When he was out of form or out the team, is was evident. Only against a hopeless Millwall was his presence not key. You could also include James as a contender, complimented Danny which helped us dominate midfield and press forward.

Special kudos to Vardy who after last season was one of the least likely to succeed he shocked almost all of us, he came back with so much determination and he's been rewarded with a double figure goal tally and an equally, if not more important, assist record.

By comparison you could also say the same about the team as a whole. The devastation of Watford was expected to hamper the team spirit, and going back to June/July where I said we'd finish in th play-offs at best it is unbelievable to think that virtually the same squad that was there on that fateful night down south today lifted the Football League Champions' trophy, and sitting in the exact same spot from which I watched that goal go in our net last year I feel nothing but pride and admiration from a group of players who have kept together and shown that Leicester City aren't 'the Championship bottlers' any longer.

Come on you Foxes!

Be nice to actually get a trophy made for the winner and present it to them.

I think palace fans did something similiar.

:ph34r:

We could mount something like this on a piece of wood (not Chris).

prodzoomimg3169.jpg

I go with Drinky. When he is good, we are in full control. He was the main key at midfield. We could handle without Konk or James, but not without Drinky

I voted for Vardy, because when he's fit and charging at the opposition he makes such a difference: it's years since we've had a player where you get that surge of excitement every time he gets the ball.

But at the same time, you could pick practically any other player in the squad: the calmness and vision of Drinkwater is classic, especially when he's playing alongside James. Nugent has been the perfect foil for Vardy - and he got 20 league goals. Mahrez and Knockaert can make chances out of nothing, Morgan, Was, De Laet and Schmeichel are like rocks in the defence...

I think if "The team as a whole" were included, they would win hands down.

Archived