Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Poor old Saints are getting ravaged, they were my favourite Prem team until we got promoted, hope they don't go down next year as they're an excellent club, fans seem a decent bunch too

I was the same this season, they're a likeable club so it's a shame to see all of their talent poached and sadly it could happen to us.

I hope this sort of thing doesn't happen to us if we can become a stable Premiership side. Southampton has been ransacked. I wouldn't go anywhere near Michael Laudrup if I was them, he made a mess of things at Swansea.

Sotton are a special case.

The owner died and the empire has been left to the daughter.

From what I have heard they think she may just walk away from the club.

They don't expect any investment from her and are trying to run it as best they can.

Also said to be why Poch went to spurs.

Just goes to show rich owners are not everything.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9334126/premier-league-swansea-agree-fee-with-fc-twente-for-striker-luc-castaignos

Swansea have agreed a fee of £6.5m with FC Twente for striker Luc Castaignos, Sky Sports News understands.

Just seen this myself.

A terrific prospect we miss out on, and look at the bloody fee £6.5 million, fair and decent amount for Castiagnos.

And we are out there wasting our time on fookin Ulloa.

I'm not crying though Wookie, but I am slightly pissed off at this.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9334126/premier-league-swansea-agree-fee-with-fc-twente-for-striker-luc-castaignos

Swansea have agreed a fee of £6.5m with FC Twente for striker Luc Castaignos, Sky Sports News understands.

Good prospect. They will have a lethal front 2 within a few years, once Bony and Castaignos form some chemistry.  £6.5mil isn't too bad a price, either, given how much of a highly rated prospect he is. 

According to The Sun, Ashley Williams is having a medical at QPR. lol

Very good signing for them if he signs. Would certainly prefer him over Matt Upson.

Just seen this myself.

A terrific prospect we miss out on, and look at the bloody fee £6.5 million, fair and decent amount for Castiagnos.

But but we might sign Matty Fryatt instead.....

I take it the Transfer window has re-opened today and clubs can now sign contracted players from other clubs?

1 July I think.

Deals can be agreed beforehand, though

I remember one deadline day, there was an article on BBC about how a deadline day transfer actually works and how difficult it is to get a deal done because of how much paperwork needs to be done and all the procedures/technicalities need to be followed. One thing that surprised me was reading that medicals aren't compulsory. A club just does them out of necessity to cover themselves and to make sure that they're not getting a crock (in Arsenal's case, doing the medical, finding out the player has a chronic injury and signing them anyway). 

A medical doesn't compulsorily affect the transfer itself. A club doesn't necessarily have to do one.

I remember one deadline day, there was an article on BBC about how a deadline day transfer actually works and how difficult it is to get a deal done because of how much paperwork needs to be done and all the procedures/technicalities need to be followed. One thing that surprised me was reading that medicals aren't compulsory. A club just does them out of necessity to cover themselves and to make sure that they're not getting a crock (in Arsenal's case, doing the medical, finding out the player has a chronic injury and signing them anyway). 

A medical doesn't compulsorily affect the transfer itself. A club doesn't necessarily have to do one.

A medical is the football equivalent of 'I've left the receipt in the bag' or 'don't rip the tags off before you try it on'.

Just seen this myself.

Outside of the top 8 clubs, the division he's playing in is utter wank. Wolfswinkel showed you can be good in that league and awful over here.

I find it baffling that people seem to write off players doing well in the Championship over other leagues where the standard isn't that much different half the time.

If Ulloa had been signed straight from Spain, rather than via Brighton I would wager people would be spanking their monkey over him, rather than trying to make out he's shit and not worth bothering with.

Especially people whose comments on transfer had been so utterly wrong on almost every occasion previously.

Word is Lallana is going to hand a transfer request in before England leave Miami, he tried contacting Southampton about his future and they didn't even answer his representives calls. Oh dear.. 

And Guillem tweeted saying Cesc is available for 36 million euros, so they can fund a deal for Koke. 

Word is Lallana is going to hand a transfer request in before England leave Miami, he tried contacting Southampton about his future and they didn't even answer his representives calls. Oh dear..

And Guillem tweeted saying Cesc is available for 36 million euros, so they can fund a deal for Koke.

Do you think you'll go for both Cesc and Lallana mate?

Outside of the top 8 clubs, the division he's playing in is utter wank. Wolfswinkel showed you can be good in that league and awful over here.

I find it baffling that people seem to write off players doing well in the Championship over other leagues where the standard isn't that much different half the time.

If Ulloa had been signed straight from Spain, rather than via Brighton I would wager people would be spanking their monkey over him, rather than trying to make out he's shit and not worth bothering with.

Especially people whose comments on transfer had been so utterly wrong on almost every occasion previously.

But the problem I find Babs, is that most striker in the Championship are overpriced. 

Oversees there's cracking talent in all league's, who will cost a fair amount, Castiagnos is highly rated & £6.5 million is a good fair price for him. 

With the Championship, I wouldn't go paying £10 million for Ulloa, £8 million for McCormack. 

Jordan Rhodes & Dwight Gayle as well, moving to Blackburn & Crystal Palace respectively went for ridiculous amounts, and yes you can say if they deliver the goods it doesn't really matter, but still those £6-8 million fees are silly.

Yes players coming from Europe, can fail miserably, but then again some can excel, and single handily keep their team up i.e Benteke a couple season's ago.

Do you think you'll go for both Cesc and Lallana mate?

I think Lallana will definitely be a Liverpool player, especially if he hands a transfer request in, we won't go above £25 million apparently. 

Cesc? No mate. Wages would be too high and I don't think he is the player Rodgers wants at Liverpool at the moment, I love Fabregas as well but I think he will be a City or Chelsea player. Guillem says Arsenal don't want him back.. Would not be surprised if he went to PSG or Juventus maybe. 

Archived