Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jack1993

Ridiculous reasons for our success

Today I read that "The last time Austria won the Eurovision Song Contest England won the World Cup" as I'm sure many of you did too. Although I know they mean absolutely nothing, facts like this always make me have a little daydream and for this reason I was wondering if anybody had any similar meaningless reasons for Leicester's success next season?

Literally any reason why in your imagination Leicester will be successful next year that has absolutely nothing to do with future signings or footballing ability.

I'm not old enough to remember any truly successful seasons that we've had (my first season ticket was our last premiership season) so I don't have any good examples but I'm sure you get what I mean and let's be honest, nobody is going to have a clue if you've made it up...

Enjoy

I stopped betting on us on individual matches. We've never won when I've bet on us. That's right, blame me for the demise last season  :ph34r:

I did a similar thing last season starting at the Peterborough away game, but betting on the opposition. 4/1 Peterborough was just too tempting. Then it kind of snowballed from there. Eventually our collapse paid for a weekend in Istanbul. It felt like blood money. I don't think you can get more plastic than that.

As for lucky omens.... we've only lost twice since my niece was born, and that was to Brighton, who won't be in our league.

On a side note. Does anyone have any match day rituals?. I always believe that if i turn up late or even use a different turnstile its a bad omen.

I used to buy the mirror before each game even though I didn't really read it, then we lost though so I only got it on the Sunday and then we didn't lose again (except Brighton).

On a side note. Does anyone have any match day rituals?. I always believe that if i turn up late or even use a different turnstile its a bad omen.

I used to walk the same way every game and buy the same chinese takeaway from Wing Wah chippy on Grasmere street.

Guest MattP

If they were going to do it (which is highly doubtful) they wouldn't be letting you know until all the season tickets are renewed anyway.

I used to love the predictor on the BBC website, without fail I used to do it every season ( from our first relegation to the first Pearson era ) then when we were in league 1 I just didn't bother and we got promoted so I decided I would stay away from it until Peterborough last season (what could possibly go wrong?). So its fair to say I have stayed well away from it this season!

I also had another one for this season, outside the kop is the burger van who served sausage n chips for £5.00 so Leeds at home thought I would have some of that and every game at half time I would have my sausage n chips I then realised we had not lost since I started doing it. Forest at home I forgot to go down and buy the trusted sausage n chips which resulted in us losing 2-0 so after that every game I made sure I bought some.

I was quite careful to use the same turnstile every game this season. Even if it meant waiting behind faffers who can't operate the ticket machine. And can't locate their ticket. And don't know what turnstile they're meant to be using.

The only season that Gary Taylor Fletcher has played for Leicester, we won the league meaning that Leicester are guaranteed to win the league when Gary Taylor Fletcher is with the club

premiership guaranteed then excellent

Archived