Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dance4Life

Cresswell

I think Pearson has faith in Schlupp to produce the goods.

I bloody well hope not. Jeff looked ropey whenever he came up against a half decent winger, imagine what he'd be like against most wingers in the premiership.

I'd rather see him play more on the left hand side of midfield, he's got the pace and strength to make a winger but the with added bit of comfort with someone behind him.

I've said for a while we should bring in a new left back and loan Schlupp to a championship side for next season and have Konch as back up. I think Schlupp has the potential to be a quality left back but is only young and needs another season in the championship before he can jump up to the prem.

Good full backs are very hard to come by so I would imagine we will be looking at some unknown foreigners.

People shouldn't get so worked up cos we haven't made any 'big signings' yet, its still early and I'm sure Nige has his eyes on a few players but transfers unfortunately take time to go through.

If he's going to a team like West Ham and will be starting for them - then perhaps we can exploit the inexperience in the teams we really need to be beating next season.

Not so sure he would have been a great fit in our back line coming in to the lads first premier league season.

Sure, you can say that about Schlupp, but he's been with our lot for years and is constantly developing - I would still rather have a player who's value is arguably higher than Cresswell's starting, or being the understudy for one of our most experienced premier league players in Konchesky.

Honestly, the LB position seems to be the weakest position all over the Premier league, i'm sure Pearson won't be too concerned about this position with two very capable players willing to battle and compete for a spot on our starting 11.

I really don't think Konchesky has the legs anymore, been a very good servant to us and his experience will help next season, but I really hope he doesn't start matches. I'm all for giving Schlupp a try but the lad needs to be stronger mentally, one mistake isn't the end of the world and he needs to learn that. However, I'd like to see us sign a left back more capable of defending.

Why do we need a new left back? Schlupp may well not be good enough but he had a great end to the season so why not give him a chance

We need a new left back because our current options are to play Konchesky or 'give Schlupp a chance'

We need a new left back because our current options are to play Konchesky or 'give Schlupp a chance'

Schlupp did pretty damn well when we gave him a chance last season. I'm not for a second saying that it's not going to be a huge challenge for him this season but he has the right attributes to succeed. Let's give him a chance and let him prove he's capable. Left back definitely wasn't a weak area for us at the end of last season when he was playing.

Feel Cresswell would have been a good left back for us. Disappointed to have not heard us been linked more regularly and competing for his signature. Hopefully. NP does have somebody lined up as we do need to strengthen in that position.

Archived