Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dance4Life

Cresswell

The bit at the bottom of your post is as crass as the comment by the owner.

All our targets have now had a mill plus added to there price.

When will our owners learn they made the same mistake with Sven.

Personally advertising that fact is just as bad.

We are not the big bollox our owners and some fans think.

Comments like that make us look even smaller and un professional.

!80m wont get us near the top five let alone in it.

Can you tell me where he has declared that we have £180 million to spend or was he just speculating about how much he thinks it might cost??

Some people talk shit on here. Cresswell is young and is clearly good enough for us and in my opinion will be a very good prem full back for years. I think some of you want us to go back to the Sven days and pay ridiculous prices and ridiculous wages for piss poor players.

I trust Pearson and his staff to buy sensibly and have a good, talented, balanced squad with a good team morale.

We ain't gonna be signing Messi and Ronaldo so wake up and realise the type of players we should be targeting!

• 1 month later...

Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy says Aaron Cresswell is available for the right price. West Brom are the latest club to be linked with the defender and McCarthy says they’ll be powerless to stop him leaving if a Premier League club comes in. 

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

Pearsons not likely to look at players pimped out by their manager, and i don't see him joining a bidding war with anyone.

He seems to be the kind of guy that would only want players who play for the shirt, which is why im suspicious of the Campbell deal going through now if he was waiting for Palace or another club to bid to up his wages.

Pearsons not likely to look at players pimped out by their manager, and i don't see him joining a bidding war with anyone.

He seems to be the kind of guy that would only want players who play for the shirt, which is why im suspicious of the Campbell deal going through now if he was waiting for Palace or another club to bid to up his wages.

It could also have been Pearson who was stringing Campbell along. 'We'll have you Fraizer if Nuge doesn't sign a new contract'.

Wouldn't have mind him signing for us.

Really hope we don't go into the season with just Konchesky & Schlupp as our left backs.

Yes, I'd have been expecting some media speculation linking us with left backs, but have heard none.

Konch has the know-how but no longer has the pace, and I can't believe he's going to be anything other than experienced back-up. Schlupp has many attributes that could make him a Premier League left back in the future (pace, energy, distribution, comfortable on ball, even tackling) but his positional sense and anticipation of attackers' intentions were still deficient last season, leaving him sorely exposed against the better wingers, even at Championship level.

It would be just like NP to have someone lined up without anything having leaked to the media. Alternatively, maybe he's confident that Jeff can make a major step up through pre-season training and exposure at the higher level? Few would have predicted Vardy making the step up last season, but he did. Same applies to Drinky to a lesser extent.

Hopefully NP knows what he's doing. He usually does....

I hope we sign him shlupp aint good enough he will get ripped apart he is not a left back and konch is no longer a premier league standard. and for you all the 180million was to be spent over the next 3 years not just this summer. wish some people would have some common sense.

I hope we sign him shlupp aint good enough he will get ripped apart he is not a left back and konch is no longer a premier league standard. and for you all the 180million was to be spent over the next 3 years not just this summer. wish some people would have some common sense.

The 180 million is not going to be just spent on transfers either.

Archived