Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

Graziano Pelle - gone to Southampton

Oh look someone moaning about the prem again! Yawn. Without the foreign players the prem wouldn't be what it is. We should be grateful that we have some world class players playing in England

True, but it's no good for our national team is it?

Oh look someone moaning about the prem again! Yawn. Without the foreign players the prem wouldn't be what it is. We should be grateful that we have some world class players playing in England

Without the English players the prem wouldn't be what it is...race shouldn't come into it.

True, but it's no good for our national team is it?

The national teams players are good enough, they're all very fit people who know what to do, certainly they do it for their club, but they don't all have that national spirit of identity to believe in being good enough for their country.

When you look at some of the players around the world, they're taught that its good to be nationalistic, in England is somewhat a crime to be English, brickwall before you kick a ball...

And it takes them how long to have their say?    

Until the transfers of Lallana and Shaw go through, and the cheques are cashed, thus giving Koeman his budget to spend on transfers and wages.

I suspect given the confirmations of these going through, Southampton will be busy with many incomings, including one Pelle.

Incidentally with Southampton spending big, and strengthening their squad we could see a team coming together. I'm not sure what Koeman's history is with transfers, but I think in this particular instance we aren't even in the same league to compete with them for any player at the moment.

everyone of our national team players plays for there club?

All of England's starting eleven play for the biggest clubs in England as well.

Hart - Man City

Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Sturridge, Sterling - Liverpool

Cahill - Chelsea

Baines and Jagielka - Everton

Rooney - Manchester United

Ox - Arsenal

All of England's starting eleven play for the biggest clubs in England as well.

Hart - Man City

Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Sturridge, Sterling - Liverpool

Cahill - Chelsea

Baines and Jagielka - Everton

Rooney - Manchester United

Ox - Arsenal

The only one that isn't a definite is the Ox and that's because he has been injured. Our problem is not that we don't have enough players playing in the Premier League. It's simply that when they come together as a collective they aren't good enough.

The only one that isn't a definite is the Ox and that's because he has been injured. Our problem is not that we don't have enough players playing in the Premier League. It's simply that when they come together as a collective they aren't good enough.

true but I also think certain players can't be arsed playing for England. They show no passion or pride when they play, but teams like Costa Rica, who on paper are nowhere near as good as England, fight and show real passion when playing for their country. Look at Ruiz, he has looked awesome for Costa Rica but was poor at Fulham

The problem is England's players aren't the pivotal players in their sides, they play for top clubs but you take them out of those clubs and it doesn't significantly weaken them. While Argentina, Germany and Holland draw on the likes of Messi, Kroos and van Persie, we take the likes of Cahill, Hart and Henderson. Good but not the world class players.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/21/premier-league-second-expat-europe-cyprus

If im reading this right, 60.4% of players in the premiership are foreign, hardly an English league...

A league in England yes, but definately not English. They ought to call it the multicultural premierleague.

I hate to be a boblet but he didn't say that he was suited to an English league but was suited to English football. The English style of play is different to the Italian style, for example. In italy, it's a much slower pace. More tacticle. More methodical in its build up no matter what the nationality of the person currently on the ball. In England , no matter what the nationality of the person on the ball, it's much much quicker. Faster breaks. People bombing down the wings, ect.

You, sir, were looking for an argument when there wasn't one to be had.

Guest ttfn

The problem is England's players aren't the pivotal players in their sides, they play for top clubs but you take them out of those clubs and it doesn't significantly weaken them. While Argentina, Germany and Holland draw on the likes of Messi, Kroos and van Persie, we take the likes of Cahill, Hart and Henderson. Good but not the world class players.

Try telling Liverpool fans that losing Henderson at the end of last season didn't significantly weaken them.

Try telling Liverpool fans that losing Henderson at the end of last season didn't significantly weaken them.

More to do with changing their system than losing his "quality".

His role last season was to free up space for Gerrard. Which he did well enough. International football is a different kettle of fish and that pairing couldn't hack it.

I think it's time Gerrard retired to be honest, and without him I don't see what Henderson would bring to the side.

Baines, Sterling, and Rooney not pivitol players for there clubs ?

Baines, Sterling, and Rooney not pivitol players for there clubs ?

As well as Gerrard and Sturridge for Liverpool and Lallana for Southampton. All been pivotal for there clubs last season.

I'd also say Hart is a pivotal player for Man City.

People will make any excuse to cover up for England. Gerrard, Sturridge, Sterling, Rooney, Baines are all players that are of major importance to their club sides. England have a problem that individually they are all good players but don't create the team spirit required to win. I mean come on not one of those Costa Rica players would be taken by any team in club football over our lads but they simply worked harder and more efficiently as a team. Joel Campbell can't get in Arsenals team FFS.

How's the conquest against BinHeads for the sake of Real Leicester Fans everywhere coming along Gingerrrrrrrfox?

Pretty good at the moment as everyone seems to be fairly positive. Just wait for when we go on a run of losses next season and I've gotta step in when some BinHead says it's time for Pearson to resign.

Pretty good at the moment as everyone seems to be fairly positive. Just wait for when we go on a run of losses next season and I've gotta step in when some BinHead says it's time for Pearson to resign.

That's great to hear

Annoys me when people criticise England for not being 'passionate'. How do you know how passionate they are, can you measure it somehow? Someone like our Andy King may not show much emotion but you can guarantee he's passionate about Leicester. Passion comes in all shapes and sizes

None of those players are the best players at top European clubs with the exception of Rooney. Gerrard has waned, Sterling is 19 with no Champions League experience, Sturridge isn't world class, Everton and Southampton aren't CL clubs.

Archived