Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Celso Borges

Not keen on signing players off the back of a World Cup. The wording in that article seems to suggest there was no interest prior to the tournament.

There are always a bunch of players who have cracking World Cups, get big moves, then flop! There's a certain factor of playing their hearts out for their country, which unfortunately our boys never seem to show. I can see the Mexican gk Ochoa, Colombia's James Rodriguez, Enner Valencia and a few others being future examples of this!

There are always a bunch of players who have cracking World Cups, get big moves, then flop! There's a certain factor of playing their hearts out for their country, which unfortunately our boys never seem to show. I can see the Mexican gk Ochoa, Colombia's James Rodriguez, Enner Valencia and a few others being future examples of this!

Monaco paid £40m (ish) for him last year...

Monaco paid £40m (ish) for him last year...

My mistake. Wow, didn't realise he'd cost that much, I knew Falcao had been big money but thought James was relatively unknown...

My point still stands about average players having good World Cups in the past but then go back to being average players afterwards though.

No one over at the AIK forum seems to have taken it seriously. Celso has 1 year left on his contract, but still £1.5 million seems cheap for a player of his class. Guess time will tell, transfer sums with Swedish clubs are usually undisclosed but I think Leicester should be able to put up with a bigger sum than that?.

How long has he been your client?

Archived