Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

Former England and Aston Villa striker Darius Vassell has announced his retirement at the age of 35.

The Sutton Coldfield-born player, who had been without a club since 2012, earned 22 England caps, scoring six goals, during the reign of manager Sven-Goran Eriksson.

He had spells with Manchester City, Turkish side Ankaragucu and Leicester after leaving Villa in 2005.

In a statement released by his management company, Oporto Sports, Vassell said: "I have enjoyed my career in football playing at the highest level, doing something I genuinely loved, and I felt that now was the right time to announce my retirement and look to the next phase of my life."

He will write a book about his career, Vassell said.

Vassell played at the 2002 World Cup and Euro 2004. England reached the quarter-finals of the latter tournament before losing in a penalty shoot-out to hosts Portugal, with Vassell seeing his spot-kick saved by future Leicester team-mate Ricardo.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/former-england-aston-villa-and-manchester-city-striker-darius-vassell-announces-retirement#o0PdSzJscL4dsZEe.99

Former England and Aston Villa striker Darius Vassell has announced his retirement at the age of 35.

The Sutton Coldfield-born player, who had been without a club since 2012, earned 22 England caps, scoring six goals, during the reign of manager Sven-Goran Eriksson.

He had spells with Manchester City, Turkish side Ankaragucu and Leicester after leaving Villa in 2005.

In a statement released by his management company, Oporto Sports, Vassell said: "I have enjoyed my career in football playing at the highest level, doing something I genuinely loved, and I felt that now was the right time to announce my retirement and look to the next phase of my life."

He will write a book about his career, Vassell said.

Vassell played at the 2002 World Cup and Euro 2004. England reached the quarter-finals of the latter tournament before losing in a penalty shoot-out to hosts Portugal, with Vassell seeing his spot-kick saved by future Leicester team-mate Ricardo.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/former-england-aston-villa-and-manchester-city-striker-darius-vassell-announces-retirement#o0PdSzJscL4dsZEe.99

If Vassell is announcing his retirement, nearly 4 years after playing his last game at the highest level, I think it's time I did the same.

I have enjoyed my career spanning from Brainstone Trinity way back in the early 90's to my transfer to Old Melbournians FC.

It is time I announce my retirement from the dream of playing at the top level. It is with fond memories of playing and everyone being convinced the the old fella walking through the park with his dog was actually a scout from Aston Villa or the Leicester Boys manager piping by as I scored my 4th goals away at FC Burbage. The dream must come to an end, with little in the way of hips or knees remaining.

• Like 1

Somehow I don't think I will bother thank you. :D

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35477619

Aberdeen winger Jonny Hayes will be fit for Wednesday's Premiership match against Celtic despite suffering an arm injury from a dog bite.

Hayes, 28, was walking his own dog when the attack happened, and was left with a 2cm gash on his arm.

Dons boss Derek McInnes joked: "Jonny's been bitten by a dog. There's no truth in the rumour the dog died instantly."

He added: "It was a nasty bite, it really was, but thankfully he'll be good to go tomorrow night."

Hayes' hand is heavily bandaged as a result of the incident and his preparation for Wednesday's top-of-the-table clash have been disrupted.

"Of all the players to bite, it would be a foolish mistake to bite Jonny. It must have been a greyhound to catch him," McInnes continued.

Aberdeen can close the gap on Premiership leaders Celtic to three points with a win against the champions at Pittodrie.

The Brighton fans reckon he never stops running and chasing down and that he's quick . When did this happen

Whatever Brighton paid for him ,  it was cheap , i think you will see him again next season , he has been superb so far , long may it continue

Think he would have been great to have on the bench, someone that could turn a game with a little magic.

Worry if we loose Mahrez this summer that we lack that little bit of flair.

We're hardly going to not bother to replace him are we !!!

TWTD understands that former Watford, Leicester, West Brom and Millwall winger Lloyd Dyer will join the Blues on a deal to the end of the season. The 33-year-old’s contract at Vicarage Road was terminated by mutual consent last week.

Birmingham-born Dyer began his career at the Hawthorns and spent time out on loan at Kidderminster, Coventry and QPR before signing for the Lions in 2006.

He moved on to the MK Dons for two seasons before signing for Leicester in 2008 and helping them to the 2013/14 Championship title.

The 5ft 8in tall wideman moved on to Watford that summer but made only six starts and 10 sub appearances for the Hornets last season, scoring three goals, and went out on loan to Birmingham, where he made eight starts and 11 sub appearances and netted once. Having not been involved at all this season he left Vicarage Road last week.

We understand the winger will put pen to paper on a deal to the end of the season on Tuesday.

Blues boss Mick McCarthy was looking for an additional left-sided winger even before Ryan Fraser suffered his hamstring injury during Saturday's 1-0 defeat at QPR with Tommy Oar having left Portman Road at his own request last month.