Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

Happy for AK , good move for him. I hope things go well for him and Brighton get promoted. Would love to see him in the Prem. Still think things would have come good for him with us this year under Claudio. The guy played his heart out for us, he deserves our respect. Will now be checking the Brighton results and reports. Sad he left us.

Seagull fan comes in peace.

We've just signed your Anthony Knockaert on a 3 1/2 year contract. How did you rate him? We're going thru a rough patch at the moment...do you think he'll help?

Oh and yes... how's Leo doing now? I know he took LC by storm then rather petered out... we still love him

We've just signed your Anthony Knockaert on a 3 1/2 year contract. How did you rate him? We're going thru a rough patch at the moment...do you think he'll help?

Oh and yes... how's Leo doing now? I know he took LC by storm then rather petered out... we still love him

Became an absolute fans favourite and should do a good job for you although he didn't quite cut it when we got promoted. Gave us a lot of flair at a time when we didn't have very much, and contributed with some great goals, so handy addition I would say.

Leo was very useful last year with important goals although this year he hasn't been very good and has become arguably our 'weakest link'

We've just signed your Anthony Knockaert on a 3 1/2 year contract. How did you rate him? We're going thru a rough patch at the moment...do you think he'll help?

Hi mate,

I think he'll be class for you. The reason we shifted him on was because he doesn't have a great amount of pace that's required in the Prem. If you're struggling for that moment of magic and a defence unlocked then he's just the man.

Leo has been frustrating this season. There was a genuine cheer from the crowd when he won a ball in the air on Saturday. I think he'll come good though, he's been in and out of the side whilst we try to accommodate Vardy and the opposition tactics.

All the best for the rest of the season, and hope to see your boys and Knocky up at the King Power soon.

Hope it goes wll for AK. Was never my favourite player but had some really good moments for which I thank him.

Just hope his understanding that it is a team game has improved, he used to give the ball away / get caught in possession too much IMO and I thought he contributed less season by season. He had his chance in the premier league, but wasn't quite good enough at this level.

If he has learned and matured he should do well for Brighton.

Knockaert is 100% a confidence player. If he tries a skill and it doesn't come off and the Brighton fans start getting p!ssed off he'll be shite. Cheer him on and encourage him he should be one of the best players in the league. He can be frustrating at times mind just don't knock down his confidence!

We'll swap you Ulloa for Knockaeart!!!

We've just signed your Anthony Knockaert on a 3 1/2 year contract. How did you rate him? We're going thru a rough patch at the moment...do you think he'll help?

undoubtedly the best player to ever play for you even though he hasnt even played yet 

• Like 1

I'd probably take a swap. Ulloa has had a shocking season.

He will help, his style will give the crowd a lift. Huge influence on the pitch.

Ulloa was good last season, 13 goals were so crucial to us but hasn't really started this year. Performance was poor on Saturday.

Knocky is an above average Championship player.

Lots of talent, but lacks discipline, and spends his time trying to impress the crowd with his tricks rather than doing his job for the team.

His first game for you he'll look like a world-beater. Then, he'll spend the rest of the season just shooting every time he gets the ball and dribbling himself into trouble.

There's nothing wrong with his ability but plays football like a 12 year old kid - which is why a lot of fans love him.

If he ever gets his mentality right then he's got the potential to be a top Premiership footballer. But for us he was only ever strictly Championship quality apart from a handful of games. Very frustrating to see a player of his quality still not achieving his potential.

It's a shame that Liege have dumped him quite so quickly. Worryingly suggests that he's not really learned a lot after being ditched by Leicester...

• Like 1

Knocky is an above average Championship player.

Lots of talent, but lacks discipline, and spends his time trying to impress the crowd with his tricks rather than doing his job for the team.

His first game for you he'll look like a world-beater. Then, he'll spend the rest of the season just shooting every time he gets the ball and dribbling himself into trouble.

There's nothing wrong with his ability but plays football like a 12 year old kid - which is why a lot of fans love him.

If he ever gets his mentality right then he's got the potential to be a top Premiership footballer. But for us he was only ever strictly Championship quality apart from a handful of games. Very frustrating to see a player of his quality still not achieving his potential.

It's a shame that Liege have dumped him quite so quickly. Worryingly suggests that he's not really learned a lot after being ditched by Leicester...

That's very harsh on him to be honest. He's very hard working both defensively and attacking, yes he would try some tricks & most of the times they did come off. Fans loved him because of the passion & commitment he played with during his time here.

The only thing that let him down for us in the premiership was his pace. He started the first league game against Everton then wasn't really given a chance again. He then came back in the team in January and was probably man of the match in 2 of the 3 games he played.

Beckford scored a hat trick vs Forest. Does that make him a legend?

I really cant see people in say 50 years time talking about us beating Forest to make a play off we didn't win. That playoff will be remembered for one moment and we all know what that is.

Clearly people will have different opinions on who is a legend and who isn't. I'm sorry but you cant put Knocky up there with the likes of Banks, Shilton, Walsh etc

He's certainly more of a legend than that turncoat.

Knockaert was absolutely brilliant. Personally I can not speak highly enough of him he offered flair, creativity, workrate and passion for the sport and club. He's the type of player that makes following football worthwhile. The type of player who get you out of your seat. He brought us so many great moments (the last minute winner at forest, his 'revenge' goal against Watford, his freekick against wednesday that got us the title and many more).

I wish him and Brighton all the luck in the world and will certainly be following your games on sky now.

Knockaert is a great signing for the championship and a side like yours.

personally I don't agree with this I think he could cut it with a side in the prem, once Pearson decides a players face doesn't fit it incredibly hard to win him back over and Knocky never had a fair crack at the prem and still looked decent in the one or two games he got a chance.

• Like 1

That's very harsh on him to be honest. He's very hard working both defensively and attacking, yes he would try some tricks & most of the times they did come off. Fans loved him because of the passion & commitment he played with during his time here.

The only thing that let him down for us in the premiership was his pace. He started the first league game against Everton then wasn't really given a chance again. He then came back in the team in January and was probably man of the match in 2 of the 3 games he played.

This

In an interview on Brighton's website:

Knockaert says winning promotion to the Premier League with Leicester City is his career highlight to date, adding, "Leicester has been the best moment of my career. I am still young so I have got some more to come. 

"It was an amazing time there. I always enjoyed playing for Leicester and all of the people there were really nice to me and the fans were unbelievable. 

"That is also the reason why I came back to England. I love the English mentality and all the people are very nice. I am very happy to be back in England. 
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/anthony-knockaert-attracted-by-albion-ambition-2889348.aspx#z6r7HOvqruqV7xt4.99

Love the guy!

Oh and for the fans still blaming Pearson for his departure please shut up.

Pearson didn't play him for a reason, the reason being he wasn't good enough, some of his performances in our promotion season from the Championship were seriously poor, so Pearson dropped him for that reason.

Badly treated? Nope, he fvcked himself over by performing shit.

On his day he is simply unplayable and a joy to watch, this happened a fair few times in his first season with us but we blew promotion. 2nd season when we pissed the league he was less influential but more of a solid team player and rather than win matches himself he ticked along nicely creating chances for others and chipping in with some important goals for us such as the winner vs Sheffield Wednesday which ultimately got us promoted. He is a player who gets you on the edge of your seat, or off it all together and I absolutely love him. Very frustrated it didn't work out for him with us last season, many opinions on why it didn't but he barely got a game for us and it was fair enough he decided to leave when his contract expired. I don't think as a winger he's good enough to be a consistent PL player but behind the strikers I think he could well be. He seems to start very well at clubs so expect some absolute screamers in the next few months.

What a man.