Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

The first line of my original post had me laughing at him being called a legend. Clearly I should have wrote the first and 2nd part in the same sentence for people to understand what I meant and for that I apologise. All my original post said was that Knocky isn't a legend and that's it.

His signing signalled ambition and a different approach

I cant disagree with that but surely the people behind the scenes who said to change our approach and to go sign Knockaert are the ones who should be heralded. I would agree with you 100% if Knockaert came into the side and took the league by storm but he didn't. Knockaert didn't change our style of play. The people who signed him did.

Put quite simply I don't think Knockaert deserves the huge amount of plaudits he gets from Leicester fans. He was a passionate player ill give him that but so much more work was done behind the scenes before he even arrived which turned our club around and for everyone to put all that thanks to Knockaert I just think is wrong.

Ok, I think we're on the same page now. He signalled a change of mindset, was effective, and we evolved. If he hadn't been a success, I doubt we'd have signed Mahrez. So hurray for his part in our current success.

The cult icon thing is summed up perfectly by Scouse above-exactly expresses why he's so popular. That's why he'll be remembered affectionately even though he and the team have moved on.

Anyway, you're entitled not to rate him as a man or a player, but I think the vast majority of Leicester fans will remember him fondly for his association with our improvement...

Its interesting that we are discussing AK more than they are doing on the Brighton forums. I for one are really sad to see him with another English club.

AK started a fresh era of skillful attacking and passionate players at the club, he had character and really connected with the fans. I dont think he would have any major value to us now but who knows under CR he may have blossomed.

• Like 1

Knockaert a legend lol some of you lot are bloody embarrassing.

He was a one season wonder, had one great season then turned shit. Greedy on the ball, thought he was Lionel Messi, slow, extremely frustrating & some of his mistakes started to cost us goals.

One of the most overrated players to put on a City shirt, wouldn't be surprised if Brighton sell him within two years, he will flop.

I thought you'd got out of your wumming ways these days kingfox. Whilst he may not be a 'legend' to everyone, he'll certainly be remembered fondly and as a decent player who almost always looked to do something positive whenever he got the ball, and was part of the start of a changing ethos at LCFC.

And then there's these goals of course

Edited by Guest

Its interesting that we are discussing AK more than they are doing on the Brighton forums. I for one are really sad to see him with another English club.

AK started a fresh era of skillful attacking and passionate players at the club, he had character and really connected with the fans. I dont think he would have any major value to us now but who knows under CR he may have blossomed.

39 pages and counting on their northstand forum, albeit that woeful poverty forum only allows ten posts per page like it's 1996.

Good luck knocky, loved him for his flair here after we hadn't had any of that for years, and do feel he was poorly treated by Pearson after his ill advised comments about progressing above Leicester

Edited by MooseBreath

I thought you'd got out of your wumming ways these days kingfox. Whilst he may not be a 'legend' to everyone, he'll certainly be remembered fondly and as a decent player who almost always looked to do something positive whenever he got the ball, and was part of the start of a changing ethos at LCFC.

And then there's these goals of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RVUJb5yxQc

Absolute bollocks I'm sorry.

Huddersfield goals were in his first season, he had some great moments in his first season.

Second season he didn't perform half as well, was replaced by Mahrez then rightfully sold this summer.

He was equally frustrating as he was good.

• Like 2

To me, Knocky epitomised NP's change of approach to our tactics. Some of the stuff pre-Knockeart was dour, even if it was effective. When he returned after his 'holiday to Hull', he definitely favoured a bit more flair and AK was the one that brought that.

Club legend is a bit too strong but he definitely had an important part to play in our rise, so he's certainly a favourite.

• Like 1

post-16070-0-57203500-1452197562_thumb.j

It's like seeing your best friend from uni whom you used to live with end up studying abroad for a year before returning to the UK but to relocate at the other side of the country.

I have a real soft spot for Knockaert because he really seemed to enjoy our support. He sang 'Don't sell Knockaert' at the end of season awards and was probably the player who cried when he was let go by Pearson, which was detailed in a Pearson interview in one of the broadsheets. He had flair, the Huddersfield goals and of course that goal at Forest. Most of all though he enjoyed the connection with us and I think we can all feel it.

However, he had to go to make way for Mahrez. Nobody would swap back would they?

Anthony had a genuine connection with Leicester City and the fans. At the end of the Championship winning season he told me that he loved it at Leicester, and even if we were to go down the following season he would not leave us.

He appeared to everyone to be genuine and he really is genuine.

I don't want to go into the full detail with regards to his exit, but there were many situations where he was treated pretty shabbily during last season, which gave him no option but to leave us.

I respect greatly what Pearson did for us, but I am pretty sure he will look back at some point and accept that he treated Anthony very poorly and created a situation where a very talented player was let go.

Morgan, Vardy, Drinkwater, Albrighton are just four players that didn't really perform for much of last season, but given time they have all flourished and proved themselves as great assets. It's just a great shame that Anthony wasn't given the same chance.

It wouldn't have been hard to keep him as he loved it at Leicester, and you never know, he may well have grown and adapted like the others have.

He'll tear the Championship up again at Brighton I am sure. I also hope that at some point he will be given a proper chance to try his hand in the premiership.

Anthony had a genuine connection with Leicester City and the fans. At the end of the Championship winning season he told me that he loved it at Leicester, and even if we were to go down the following season he would not leave us.

He appeared to everyone to be genuine and he really is genuine.

I don't want to go into the full detail with regards to his exit, but there were many situations where he was treated pretty shabbily during last season, which gave him no option but to leave us.

I respect greatly what Pearson did for us, but I am pretty sure he will look back at some point and accept that he treated Anthony very poorly and created a situation where a very talented player was let go.

Morgan, Vardy, Drinkwater, Albrighton are just four players that didn't really perform for much of last season, but given time they have all flourished and proved themselves as great assets. It's just a great shame that Anthony wasn't given the same chance.

It wouldn't have been hard to keep him as he loved it at Leicester, and you never know, he may well have grown and adapted like the others have.

He'll tear the Championship up again at Brighton I am sure. I also hope that at some point he will be given a proper chance to try his hand in the premiership.

Again?