Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

I liked Knockaert but felt he was never has good as lot of fans believed. You could tell Mahrez was a much better player as soon as he came. Could never fault Knockaerts desire though and he's a good signing for Brighton.

You can see why he was a fans favourite though surely. For years we were in the doldrums watch shite like Stephen Hughes and Junior Lewis. The most exciting it got was Ben Marshall to be honest

The signing of Knockaert was a pivotal moment in our recent success imo. We were looking to attract flair players and not just football league journeymen

If you liked him at thought he was legendary then thank Walsh for finding him and blame Pearson for letting him go (falling out with him apparently)

If you think he was so, so and just a show-boater then blame Walsh for not doing enough research and finding him and thank Pearson for moving him on.

If you're not sure either way then suggest a round of applause for the owners.

;) It's the Foxestalk way  :P

• Like 1

Let me rephrase. He did nothing of note to herald him as a Legend. If you all think he deserves legendary status for scoring a handful of goals (some incredible goals ill give him that) then that is quite simply absurd.

We beat teams in the Championship due to our pace. Funny that pace is something Knocky never had. Do you honestly believe signing Knocky was the sole reason we went onto smashing the Championship? That imo is a ridiculous comment.

A last minute goal, to get us into the playoffs against our local rivals, I think that qualifies any player at any club to legend status.

Add to that the goal that secured promotion to the premier league I will let him have it.

For me a legend is a player who does special things at special times, the goal at Forest will be spoken about for generations to come.

Would I have him back now, maybe not. We've moved on but that doesn't erase what he had done previously.

He was special in the eyes of many fans, he also offered something we hadn't had for a while, a player with imagination and some tricks. The way that the fan base took to him so early was slightly surprising, and that he had a song with those lyrics for me was absurd. He was a refreshing player to have in the team, but more of a cult hero than legend for me. I simply can't put him in the same bracket as Walsh, Weller, Banks, Shilton, Muzzy, Lennon etc.

A last minute goal, to get us into the playoffs against our local rivals, I think that qualifies any player at any club to legend status.

Add to that the goal that secured promotion to the premier league I will let him have it.

For me a legend is a player who does special things at special times, the goal at Forest will be spoken about for generations to come.

Would I have him back now, maybe not. We've moved on but that doesn't erase what he had done previously.

Beckford scored a hat trick vs Forest. Does that make him a legend?

I really cant see people in say 50 years time talking about us beating Forest to make a play off we didn't win. That playoff will be remembered for one moment and we all know what that is.

Clearly people will have different opinions on who is a legend and who isn't. I'm sorry but you cant put Knocky up there with the likes of Banks, Shilton, Walsh etc

He was always decent in the Championship.

Far too slow in the Premier League, and not just in his legs.

Wish him all the best but he's nowhere near our level these days (and I said that pre-Ranieri).

Beckford scored a hat trick vs Forest. Does that make him a legend?

I really cant see people in say 50 years time talking about us beating Forest to make a play off we didn't win. That playoff will be remembered for one moment and we all know what that is.

Clearly people will have different opinions on who is a legend and who isn't. I'm sorry but you cant put Knocky up there with the likes of Banks, Shilton, Walsh etc

Beckfords situation in a third round reply with both teams resting players is completely different and you know it.

• Like 1

I didn't know whether to put this in Transfer Talk, but thought not, as it's an ex-player; but, I see Sky are reporting Brighton agreeing a fee to take Knocky from Standard Liege.  It would be interesting to see how he does a second time in the Championship.

Edited by bald reynard

Beckfords situation in a third round reply with both teams resting players is completely different and you know it.

If were talking Forest if either feat is going to be remembered in years to come it will be Beckford becoming only the 2nd Leicester player to score a hat trick against Forest. That sort of thing goes down in History. Knocky scoring the winning goal to get us into the playoffs (which we didn't win) i'm afraid doesn't.

So I interpret your post of saying Knocky is a Leicester Legend for doing something which wont be remembered in the history books therefore means Beckford is a Leicester Legend for scoring the hat trick vs Forest.

This is why people using the word legend make me laugh. The term is used so loosely.

If were talking Forest if either feat is going to be remembered in years to come it will be Beckford becoming only the 2nd Leicester player to score a hat trick against Forest. That sort of thing goes down in History. Knocky scoring the winning goal to get us into the playoffs (which we didn't win) i'm afraid doesn't.

So I interpret your post of saying Knocky is a Leicester Legend for doing something which wont be remembered in the history books therefore means Beckford is a Leicester Legend for scoring the hat trick vs Forest.

This is why people using the word legend make me laugh. The term is used so loosely.

It depends what you mean by history.

Beckford's hattrick will forever be in the stat books but Knocky's winner will forever be in Leicester folklore.

Let me rephrase. He did nothing of note to herald him as a Legend. If you all think he deserves legendary status for scoring a handful of goals (some incredible goals ill give him that) then that is quite simply absurd.

We beat teams in the Championship due to our pace. Funny that pace is something Knocky never had. Do you honestly believe signing Knocky was the sole reason we went onto smashing the Championship? That imo is a ridiculous comment.

I'll let you rephrase. In doing so, you change the entire sentiment of your post. He's not a legend, but he is the very definition of a cult hero.

Do you honestly believe signing Knocky was the sole reason we went onto smashing the Championship? That imo is a ridiculous comment.

It is a ridiculous comment, and it's all your own. His signing signalled ambition and a different approach, and the fact that the approach was a success meant we stuck with the kind of aggressive, incisive football that eventually won us the Championship. He was an important part of that, no more so than many others, but shouldn't be dismissed.

I just think people are far too quick to dismiss those who were an important part of getting us where we are now. He was a good player and a huge reason for excitement while here, and to say he did nothing of note (your initial comment) was farcical.

• Like 1

How on earth is saying we won the league with pace absurd?

You're on a roll with getting things wrong today.

A whole gamut of things meant we won the league. If you must narrow it down to one key factor (which is a stupid exercise) then I reckon you'd struggle to go better than DD/James in central midfield. They controlled everything all season. Sometimes Kasper won games, sometimes Lloyd, sometimes Knocky and sometimes Vardy winning pens for Nuge. But the big change that year was DD running the show with James doing the rest.

knockaert changed the whole mindset of the club. not only with his ability on the ball and the fact he actually did step overs and backheels, but he actually gave a shit. i've said it loads of times before but he could have been absolutely awful at football, but the way he celebrated like a fan and cried like a fan meant a fu cking lot after years of players coming on loan for a month, signing for a free and not playing, ins and outs, people who'd never heard of leicester and even when playing didn't give a shit about leicester. 

that's why he'll always be one of my favourite players. he is surely one of the main reasons for this new "team spirit" etc that's winning us this league. when he started playing it finally meant something. and he was great for us too. 

• Like 2

I'll let you rephrase. In doing so, you change the entire sentiment of your post. He's not a legend, but he is the very definition of a cult hero.

Do you honestly believe signing Knocky was the sole reason we went onto smashing the Championship? That imo is a ridiculous comment.

It is a ridiculous comment, and it's all your own. His signing signalled ambition and a different approach, and the fact that the approach was a success meant we stuck with the kind of aggressive, incisive football that eventually won us the Championship. He was an important part of that, no more so than many others, but shouldn't be dismissed.

I just think people are far too quick to dismiss those who were an important part of getting us where we are now. He was a good player and a huge reason for excitement while here, and to say he did nothing of note (your initial comment) was farcical.

The first line of my original post had me laughing at him being called a legend. Clearly I should have wrote the first and 2nd part in the same sentence for people to understand what I meant and for that I apologise. All my original post said was that Knocky isn't a legend and that's it.

His signing signalled ambition and a different approach

I cant disagree with that but surely the people behind the scenes who said to change our approach and to go sign Knockaert are the ones who should be heralded. I would agree with you 100% if Knockaert came into the side and took the league by storm but he didn't. Knockaert didn't change our style of play. The people who signed him did.

Put quite simply I don't think Knockaert deserves the huge amount of plaudits he gets from Leicester fans. He was a passionate player ill give him that but so much more work was done behind the scenes before he even arrived which turned our club around and for everyone to put all that thanks to Knockaert I just think is wrong.

You're on a roll with getting things wrong today.

A whole gamut of things meant we won the league. If you must narrow it down to one key factor (which is a stupid exercise) then I reckon you'd struggle to go better than DD/James in central midfield. They controlled everything all season. Sometimes Kasper won games, sometimes Lloyd, sometimes Knocky and sometimes Vardy winning pens for Nuge. But the big change that year was DD running the show with James doing the rest.

Again my post said we won due to our pace. Nowhere does it say that was the ONLY reason. More that it was the most important reason.

Lloyd won us games....Pace

Vardy winning penalties for Nuge....Pace

If my post had meant to say that was the only reason I would have put that we won the league solely down to our Pace. That's the dangers of reading off a screen. Open to misinterpretation. 

I didn't know whether to put this in Transfer Talk, but thought not, as it's an ex-player; but, I see Sky are reporting Brighton agreeing a fee to take Knocky from Standard Liege.  It would be interesting to see how he does a second time in the Championship.

I will be also be interesting to see what the fee is - we let him go on a free, of course.

I Don't imagine the nightlife in Brighton. appealing to him much as much as here  ( i could be wrong!) but that could work in his favour. Nothing wrong with having a life of course and socializing  but it might help him to focus all the more on his football and health. Not saying it was ever in question, but you all get what i mean!