Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Connor Wickham

Seems unlikely that they would sell him based on the fact that it was his goals that pretty much kept them up. Why sell him when he's just starting to prove his worth?

Sunderland may well be economising their squad. A player on the last year of a contract who may or may not have been stalling signing a new one? Might make sense to sell now, so he doesn't disrupt the team or get some return from him.

The article says the following, thanks to Google Chrome translate.

Promotion team Premier League Leicester City are ready to make up for the young striker belongs Sunderland, Connor Wickham, with a dowry of £ 5 million, according to the Daily Telegraph .

Wickham, had spent the loan to Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds United for uniformed The Black Cats .And at the end of season 2013/14 his name became public heroes Stadium of Lights since scored some crucial goals which helped Sunderland survive in the highest caste.

Although managers have a role under Gus Poyet, striker England Under-21 international was not sure I could get a regular place if persisted in Sunderland. And The Foxes ready to take advantage of these conditions.

Previously, Leicester which is aiming Championship champions Brighton & Hove Albion striker Leonardo Ulloa. However, the repeated offers submitted to the King Power Stadium Leicester was always denied that turned to Wickham.

I'm sure I read somewhere that if he dosent sign a new contract he will be sold this summer, and the fact he only has 1 more year left on his contract I'd be surprised if they expected/got more than the 6m we're apparently offering

The article says the following, thanks to Google Chrome translate.

Promotion team Premier League Leicester City are ready to make up for the young striker belongs Sunderland, Connor Wickham, with a dowry of £ 5 million, according to the Daily Telegraph .

Wickham, had spent the loan to Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds United for uniformed The Black Cats .And at the end of season 2013/14 his name became public heroes Stadium of Lights since scored some crucial goals which helped Sunderland survive in the highest caste.

Although managers have a role under Gus Poyet, striker England Under-21 international was not sure I could get a regular place if persisted in Sunderland. And The Foxes ready to take advantage of these conditions.

Previously, Leicester which is aiming Championship champions Brighton & Hove Albion striker Leonardo Ulloa. However, the repeated offers submitted to the King Power Stadium Leicester was always denied that turned to Wickham.

Some serious implications there, dowry is illegal and as a Sikh do not believe in the caste system!!!

I'm not so sure - doesn't seem like the sort of character Nige will get in or get on with - I suspect he has an aversion to public displays of tittishness involving expensive bottles of champers

I'd be concerned if he was doing this during the season but not while he's doing it in the close season. He's a 21 year old lad who has a high pressure career so enjoying himself in the close season is fine by me

Seriously don't know why people are getting excited about this. Firstly why would Sunderland sell, if anything they will hold out for another year or he will sign a new contract, their is no need to leave unless he himself demands a move.

Also what has he done in the Premier League? He had a good run at the end of last season, apart from that when given the chance he hasn't delivered that's why Sunderland sent him out on loan in the first place. For me he needs a full season with Sunderland under his belt, 10 or so games at the end of a season is nothing, many strikers can hit a hot streak. Is a player who has hardly been given a full chance to show his capabilities in the Premier League, worth the risk of signing?

Yes he did incredibly well at Sheffield Wednesday last season, but that was at Championship level, he made his name in the first place, at Championship level.

I seriously think Wickham needs to prove himself, for a full season with Sunderland, before we go splashing the cash on him, and by then he may well sign a new contract with them, and if that's the case then so be it, plenty more fish in the sea.

I seriously think Wickham needs to prove himself, for a full season with Sunderland, before we go splashing the cash on him, and by then he may well sign a new contract with them, and if that's the case then so be it, plenty more fish in the sea.

Yeah but if that happened his value will have risen to 30+ million, thats the going rate isn't it for proven young english players? :facepalm:

Yeah but if that happened his value will have risen to 30+ million, thats the going rate isn't it for proven young english players? :facepalm:

Well like I said I can seriously see him signing a new contract with Sunderland, if not then with a year left on his contract I believe, he could be a free agent next summer.

10 or so games at the end of last season is nothing, he needs a full season with Sunderland, £5/6 million for a player who had a little hot streak at the end of last season, is risky business.

Buying any striker for a decent amount this summer, will be risky business, because more than likely we will rely heavily on them next season.

I dont get this.. Hes got a picture on twitter next to a guy holding a 17grand bottle of champagne and people are saying hes not a pearson type?

What is a pearson type? Ive never read or heard nige say i dont like people who splash the cash? So what if hes enjoying himself on holiday.

From some of these posts it comes across like people know nige on a personal level. We all no he likes young hard working plsyers so why dont whickham come in that catagory. Sign him up nige

Seriously don't know why people are getting excited about this. Firstly why would Sunderland sell, if anything they will hold out for another year or he will sign a new contract, their is no need to leave unless he himself demands a move.

Also what has he done in the Premier League? He had a good run at the end of last season, apart from that when given the chance he hasn't delivered that's why Sunderland sent him out on loan in the first place. For me he needs a full season with Sunderland under his belt, 10 or so games at the end of a season is nothing, many strikers can hit a hot streak. Is a player who has hardly been given a full chance to show his capabilities in the Premier League, worth the risk of signing?

Yes he did incredibly well at Sheffield Wednesday last season, but that was at Championship level, he made his name in the first place, at Championship level.

I thought he did especially well, against what is now our premier league defence, :whistle:

So based on this logic, I suppose you think that Vardy is dogshite, and we'd better replace him.

:rolleyes:

I thought he did especially well, against what is now our premier league defence, :whistle:

A Premier League defence, which could well have 2 new signings in it.

Also that match against Sheff Wed, Wasilewski was shocking that day, while Miquel isn't our player anymore, Wickham troubled Wasilewski especially, and tbh I don't think Wasilewski will start many games next season.

We need to concentrate on signing a new centre back to partner Wes, or introduce Liam Moore into the starting 11 again, as he is our future, & deserves to show his promise at Premier League level.

So based on this logic, I suppose you think that Vardy is dogshite, and we'd better replace him.

:rolleyes:

Nope he is a different type of striker, his pace will scare defenders. Wickham's presence & strength could well trouble defenders as well.

But like I said, whoever we sign strikers wise, will be a risk, as that we will be the player who will lead our line next season, we took a punt of Akinbiyi all those years ago, it backfired, we took a punt on Beckford not so long ago it backfired.

Newly promoted teams last season, Cardiff with Cornelius that backfired, Hull with Sagbo didn't cost half a much, but still didn't do particularly great. Norwich with Van Wolfswinkel backfired.

We have to take a chance somewhere, whether that's with Ulloa, Wickham, Cardoza then who knows, but at the end of the day like most strikers they will either deliver or be piss poor, and with that being the case, they will more than likely be the difference, their goals could see us stay up, or their lack of goals could see us go down.

Nope he is a different type of striker, his pace will scare defenders. Wickham's presence & strength could well trouble defenders as well.

But like I said, whoever we sign strikers wise, will be a risk, as that we will be the player who will lead our line next season, we took a punt of Akinbiyi all those years ago, it backfired, we took a punt on Beckford not so long ago it backfired.

Newly promoted teams last season, Cardiff with Cornelius that backfired, Hull with Sagbo didn't cost half a much, but still didn't do particularly great. Norwich with Van Wolfswinkel backfired.

We have to take a chance somewhere, whether that's with Ulloa, Wickham, Cardoza then who knows, but at the end of the day like most strikers they will either deliver or be piss poor, and with that being the case, they will more than likely be the difference, their goals could see us stay up, or their lack of goals could see us go down.

How many goals has Vardy scored in the premiership? How can you be so certain that he can score goals, and Wickham is risk?

Wickham/Vardy with the right tutelage under Philips would be an immense strikeforce. Speed and strength with both on form would fantastic.

Did you sign Wickham on FIFA and he didn't do so well?

How many goals has Vardy scored in the premiership? How can you be so certain that he can score goals, and Wickham is risk?

Wickham/Vardy with the right tutelage under Philips would be an immense strikeforce. Speed and strength with both on form would fantastic.

Did you sign Wickham on FIFA and he didn't do so well?

I'm not certain that Vardy will perform, but it's the case of last season we know what he is capable of now, so we have a better incline on how he may do.

With Wickham & any other striker we are linked with, they come with a scene of uncertainty, they will either deliver, or they'll be poor. With this amount of cash involved it could well make or break our season, and tbh that makes me quite nervous.

Ulloa/Vardy pace & power could be fantastic, Cardoza/Vardy pace & power could be fantastic, but then again it might not work.

We will just have to wait & see, but I've never been the over confident type, and if I put a downer on things then I'm sorry.

I'm not certain that Vardy will perform, but it's the case of last season we know what he is capable of now, so we have a better incline on how he may do.

With Wickham & any other striker we are linked with, they come with a scene of uncertainty, they will either deliver, or they'll be poor. With this amount of cash involved it could well make or break our season, and tbh that makes me quite nervous.

Ulloa/Vardy pace & power could be fantastic, Cardoza/Vardy pace & power could be fantastic, but then again it might not work.

We will just have to wait & see, but I've never been the over confident type, and if I put a downer on things then I'm sorry.

Stop saying we. You mean you are uncertain. I'd say that Wickham can deliver as well as Vardy as he did so at Weds, basically saving them from relegation, and the same for Sunderland.

Ulloa and Cardoza haven't played in the Premiership. Your logic is flawed. Put the spade down and step out of the hole.

Archived