Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countesthorpe Fox 1884

Memberships / Away Priority Scheme 2014/15

560 is way off the mark, there's no doubt about that. I know of a good dozen people who should have been invited but haven't been. That also won't include members of the supporters club.

Think the other points of the scheme make it a good idea though. They just should have released this at the same time as the details of the scheme.

560 is way off the mark, there's no doubt about that. I know of a good dozen people who should have been invited but haven't been. That also won't include members of the supporters club.

Think the other points of the scheme make it a good idea though. They just should have released this at the same time as the details of the scheme.

I agree - I just can't believe a professional business with a fairly decent sized turnover can't get basic communication right. It's surely not that hard to anticipate a few obvious questions that may be asked?

If there systems actually worked they'd realise that 7 games is way too low. From the 'information' they have to go off, it's probably spot on. I thought there was 800 P1s last season, and a similar amount of P2s. With a higher average away attendance last season you'd expect this figure to increase slightly so I'd estimate 1,800 should have been eligible.

1,800 would have rendered it unworkable unless they put a cap on it at 750, for example.

Also, why leave it so late and give such a short deadline to register? Big rush for everyone to get signed up by Monday. Not sure if I want to join up or not, but if I do I'll have to phone up and convince them I qualify for their "exclusive" club!

I hope they still implement the priority scheme based upon loyalty points for those of us who don't want to commit to 15+ away games

It's clear then that the head of ticketing is clueless and needs to be told so.(Leicester Lass).

I was told it was to be 15 games last season, that sounded about right.

Anyone mention tin-pot   :P

Comment about the 560 people who had 7+ games:

-          This is only based on known away league attendance last season (people who quote 15 points may have accrued 10 of those in 2012/13)

-          Our 1st/2nd sales criteria windows last year were based upon combined 12/13 and 13/14 attendance

-          Many supporters may have paid on the gate at many away games…we won’t have record of who they are

Please tell me if I'm right, or about right,

Under the old priority system, priority 1 was 13 or more games, priority 2 was 8 or more games, priority 3 was 1-7 games.

Are they seriously saying all of priority 1 and all of priority 2 and the higher of priority 3 only amounted to 560.

Please tell me if I'm right, or about right,

Under the old priority system, priority 1 was 13 or more games, priority 2 was 8 or more games, priority 3 was 1-7 games.

Are they seriously saying all of priority 1 and all of priority 2 and the higher of priority 3 only amounted to 560.

Yes that how I understand it.

Clearly in-correct. I would imagine 2000 people would easily qualify.

After the insane situation with the season ticket sales it's clear the club still have pretty poor ticketing systems in place.

Calling in seems the best policy if you qualify, 0344 815 5000, got straight through and despite her system running slowly, the person I spoke to in the sales centre got me on to this away priority scheme without too much drama.

I was told letters were sent yesterday and that emails do seem to be slow in arriving to the invited. I didn't receive any invite yet.

Just thankful that hopefully now I can just rock up to the away match days without worrying about sorting my tickets.

Guest MattP

When they got the number 560 is should have sent some alarm bells ringing that this probably isn't right.

This is just an absolute farce, 4 or 5 of us did 10 aways last season but have absolutely no proof of it so we are screwed for this year. Not going to be able to queue up on Monday mornings etc either.

After the insane situation with the season ticket sales it's clear the club still have pretty poor ticketing systems in place.

Calling in seems the best policy if you qualify, 0344 815 5000, got straight through and despite her system running slowly, the person I spoke to in the sales centre got me on to this away priority scheme without too much drama.

I have just rang the sales centre and spoke to an extremely friendly advisor who clearly told me all about this scheme, from the OS I was lead to believe the email or letter was asking you to choose the games you wanted to attend with a minimum of 15 whereas you are actually signing up for all 19 aways and can call in to cancel upto 4 at any time.

Effectively you're buying an away season ticket that you don't know the cost of.

In for a penny in for a pound, I thought 'blow it, this season I'll do the lot' so I'm on the scheme.

If they'd have asked her to write the article for the OS this would've been far simpler to understand.

I did 7 aways last season BTW as she confirmed this was in the criteria.

ETA. One thing that wasn't mentioned and I forgot to ask was the admin fee, I'm sure this was £1 a ticket in previous seasons so I'd assume still stands.

Can the club also clarify how many tickets you get for being a member - is it just one ticket per membership or what? not that hard to state is it really? 

That's my understanding and probably only fair. That said, having to pay to get further up the queue to buy an overpriced leftover is a bit galling. Sign of the times until they add a top tier to the East Stand. Come on Top, geronwivit.

So basically, I won't be able to see my team play without paying through the nose next season, despite regularly attending at least 5-6 matchs a season for the past decade plus, just because other people who have never shown the least bit of interest when we were in the lower leagues, have suddenly decided to get season tickets - reducing the memberships to little more than "priority boarding" tags at a hefty price.

I wonder how many "season ticket" seats will be empty by Christmas if it becomes apparent that we are struggling near the bottom? I also wonder how many "season tickets" have been bought with the intention of only going to the Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal matchs?

Not happy. :(

That's my understanding and probably only fair. That said, having to pay to get further up the queue to buy an overpriced leftover is a bit galling. Sign of the times until they add a top tier to the East Stand. Come on Top, geronwivit.

Yes just one ticket

So basically, I won't be able to see my team play without paying through the nose next season, despite regularly attending at least 5-6 matchs a season for the past decade plus, just because other people who have never shown the least bit of interest when we were in the lower leagues, have suddenly decided to get season tickets - reducing the memberships to little more than "priority boarding" tags at a hefty price.

I wonder how many "season ticket" seats will be empty by Christmas if it becomes apparent that we are struggling near the bottom? I also wonder how many "season tickets" have been bought with the intention of only going to the Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal matchs?

Not happy. :(

The problem is that money talks and that is generally all the club are bothered about. It's a rich man's game these days.

I can empathise with you if it makes you feel any better lol

So that's £75 for Gold Membership and say you get to 10 homes games at £30 (minimum) per ticket... that's £375. Would have been better off buying a season ticket and leaving the seat empty for half of the matches (which I'm sure will happen).

The club have us stitched up.

So that's £75 for Gold Membership and say you get to 10 homes games at £30 (minimum) per ticket... that's £375. Would have been better off buying a season ticket and leaving the seat empty for half of the matches (which I'm sure will happen).

The club have us stitched up.

No they haven't, you didn't buy a season ticket so you have to pay a premium.

No they haven't, you didn't buy a season ticket so you have to pay a premium.

Yes they have, there are many people who due to work or other commitments can't guarantee getting to a match and that is wht they don't buy a season ticket and then they find that they're going to have to pay that much anyway, just for the ones they can get to.

If there's half empty stadiums come January when we play Stoke, and yet people who want to go, can't because the fixture is "sold out", I'm sure that I won't be the only one who's annoyed :(

Yes they have, there are many people who due to work or other commitments can't guarantee getting to a match and that is wht they don't buy a season ticket and then they find that they're going to have to pay that much anyway, just for the ones they can get to.

If there's half empty stadiums come January when we play Stoke, and yet people who want to go, can't because the fixture is "sold out", I'm sure that I won't be the only one who's annoyed :(

But if you buy a membership and decide not to buy a ticket then the club will just put remaining seats on general sale a week before the game.

Or have I missed something?

But if you buy a membership and decide not to buy a ticket then the club will just put remaining seats on general sale a week before the game.

Or have I missed something?

I think he's referring to season ticket holders that have purchaed that won't turn up. Although I'm not so sure myself

Archived