Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Troy Deeney

I assume Steve Walsh took the summer off then? I could have put these names forward to Pearson, quite disappointed we've not looked further afield for a few bargains (and a left back/winger).

How do you know we didn't, how do you know they weren't available, how do you know they didn't want to come, how do you know they didn't go elsewhere.

Do you think they have spent three and a half months doing nothing, to just decide to buy a couple of champ players last minute? Pearson has already stated some time back we'd already missed out on some targets.

I'm sorry pal, but that's complete horseshit. Ross McCormack has had one very good season for Leeds and he had a decent one for Cardiff a few years before that, but they were happy to let him go then for a modest fee. How is £11 million for him acceptable, but £7-8 million for Ulloa isn't? Ulloa has La Liga experience, his record in the 2nd division in Spain was very good and his record at Brighton puts him as one of the best finishers in the division for the last 2 seasons. 

He doesn't take penalties, something which Rhodes and McCormack do and take those away from both and their stats will be similar. 

It could rise to 10 million, His experience in La Liga was being terrible, and while Ross McCormack might have had only one very good season in English football, its one more than Ulloa, I somewhat doubt if Ulloa did take pens he'd of got anywhere near McCormack or Rhodes's goal total last season anyway.

Don't get me wrong though their all over priced. 

I'm not really bothered.

Plastic

This. Our fans are saying 'we'll have too many strikers', they need to get it into their thick heads that GTF is hardly going to play, Wood will leave either on permanent/loan deal. We then have a choice of Vardy/Deeney/Ulloa/Nuge. There are going to be injuries, and lose of form etc so each striker will get their chance. Signing Deeney would sure up our attack.

Some sense at last. Pearson obviously wants two strikers, in case one of them fails to perform, so therefore he can have a back up Plan B.

I'd be happy with Deeney, Ulloa, Vardy & Nugent as options. Wood is definitely off, while GTF will be a bit part player. 

even though he's just signed a new contract?

Yeah right.

I'm serious.  There are a few Burnley fans who are expecting this to happen (just have a look on some of their Forums).  See my post on Page 5 of this thread - there are good financial reasons for both the Club and Nuge to agree to this following the signing of his extended contract.

I'm hoping that was a joke... games per goal. lol

That would make more sense lol, although Rhodes's is still better, and I notice you've doctored the stats to compare Rhodes last season, and Ulloa "overall"

You compare the two last season it's no contest.

I'm serious.  There are a few Burnley fans who are expecting this to happen (just have a look on some of their Forums).  See my post on Page 5 of this thread - there are good financial reasons for both the Club and Nuge to agree to this following the signing of his extended contract.

There is feck all financial sense in Nugent signing a contract just to get us a fee, it just doesn't happen. We have two players in GTF and Wood who would clearly make way before Nugent. It's utterly nonsensical.

There is feck all financial sense in Nugent signing a contract just to get us a fee, it just doesn't happen. We have two players in GTF and Wood who would clearly make way before Nugent. It's utterly nonsensical.

This.

Wood and GTF out well before Nugent.

That would make more sense lol, although Rhodes's is still better, and I notice you've doctored the stats to compare Rhodes last season, and Ulloa "overall"

You compare the two last season it's no contest.

He was out injured for three months according to the Brighton fans, little bit harsh to only compare that season. Last season was something like 2.3 gpg.

Their website says he's got 25 goals in 52 appearances for Albion, which is even better than I thought. (Without pennos)

Also, when I've seen him and Rhodes's play, he adds a damn sight more to the team. Even Blackburn fans question Rhode's all round game when I've looked on their forum.

He was out injured for three months according to the Brighton fans, little bit harsh to only compare that season. Last season was something like 2.3 gpg.

Their website says he's got 25 goals in 52 appearances for Albion, which is even better than I thought. (Without pennos)

Also, when I've seen him and Rhodes's play, he adds a damn sight more to the team. Even Blackburn fans question Rhode's all round game when I've looked on their forum.

Last season was 11 (two might not have occurred had our back four not of been pissed up) in 33 appearances. Bag on 3. He's had one season in top flight football, and he was dog rough, he's 28. 

Blackburn fans need to have word with themselves lol Rhodes is a great player, does more than just score that's for certain, not to mention the fact that's he's four years younger.   

Pointless discussion now anyway as now pen's been put to paper there's not much more to do than cross the fingers and hope he performs. 

You say he was dog rough but aren't Almeria absolute pony?

They weren't great at the time no, he contributed to that though, and we don't exactly have a world XI do we? Thankfully the Division is looking a bit flimsy as of late.  

They weren't great at the time no, he contributed to that though, and we don't exactly have a world XI do we? Thankfully the Division is looking a bit flimsy as of late.  

I saw them get spanked 8-1 by Real Madrid in 2011, Ulloa didn't play. 

But they were like a lower half Championship side.

Last season was 11 (two might not have occurred had our back four not of been pissed up) in 33 appearances. Bag on 3. He's had one season in top flight football, and he was dog rough, he's 28. 

Blackburn fans need to have word with themselves lol Rhodes is a great player, does more than just score that's for certain, not to mention the fact that's he's four years younger.   

Pointless discussion now anyway as now pen's been put to paper there's not much more to do than cross the fingers and hope he performs. 

He scored 14 in the league... plus two against Hull if you like cup goals.

It could rise to 10 million, His experience in La Liga was being terrible, and while Ross McCormack might have had only one very good season in English football, its one more than Ulloa, I somewhat doubt if Ulloa did take pens he'd of got anywhere near McCormack or Rhodes's goal total last season anyway.

Don't get me wrong though their all over priced. 

I think it's very easy for both of us to counteract eithers opinion on this. You're saying Ulloa was dog rough in La Liga but for a crap team he scored an amount of goals that is about the going rate for a relegated team. He was very, very prolific in their 2nd division which is not PL class but shows he's a natural finisher. His record at Brighton without penalties is impressive. McCormack and Rhodes records last season are both impressive too but I know which player i'd rather have for the role we need and Ulloa is that man. McCormack is not that type of player at all and I think Rhodes doesn't have the work rate required for a Pearson team. I'm interested to see how Rhodes gets on in the PL, he's got to play there at some point surely.

I seem to remember us having this before where the football league site was wrong. lol

This site has some great stats http://www.whoscored.com/Players/19847/Show/Leonardo-Ulloa

To be fair that was more contentious as Team Talk backed up the Football League website last time.

I think it's safe to say it's wrong this time, on further inspection they've not even got his Christian name right, apparently his name is Jose.

To be fair that was more contentious as Team Talk backed up the Football League website last time.

I think it's safe to say it's wrong this time, on further inspection they've not even got his Christian name right, apparently his name is Jose.

Have we signed the right bloke? lol

SAF at United had a tradition of signing players who did well against his team Yorke, Cole, Sheringham Cantonna for example and NP seems to be doing the same.

Drinkwater, Upson, Morgan and Ulloa for example.

So Deeney could be next. I didn't think we would go for him after the playoffs but looking at the Watford forum there is interest from top flight clubs.

If he does go I think it's us and Burnley.

If you can't beat them sign them I suppose

Archived